Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Are automobiles living beings ?

UM-Bot

shakti_junkie thanks for bringing this topic back to the level of intelectual discussion.

I had brought up a similar topic during a class room discusion in University (senior year), and was met by a very similar reaction of laughter and disbelief.

However I had pushed it a little bit further to say that machines should be classified as a species. And not just automobiles as the writer of this article proposes. The evolution of the machine has been happening gradually with humans providing the catalyst. It is an evolutionary process that does not rely on any individual to carry it forward, and it cannot be stopped slowed down nor halted by any group or individual.

This persuit of wealth and possesions is driven by the sexual and emotional atachment with the machine. We are in a sence having sex with the machine and combining our genes together to form a offspring. This love and relationship is only growing, with the advent of the internet, the machine can not put the face on of any woman, and you can spend your entire life, with the machine as your companion.

Someone said that it was humans who retain the knowledge of our past, and it was humans that are bringing the machine forward. To this I greatly disagree, it is books and electronic libraries that store our knowledge (machines) and machines that build machines. It is not them that are nothing without us, it is in fact us that are nothing but apes without them. And to that effect we could not survive, as we have no tangible instincts without the use of a machine.

We survive on nothing but dilusions of gradure and hope of substance. We are on the bottom of the food chain, the slaves that turn the gears of the system. Our greatest minds serve to advance the machine further, while increasing our ever depandance on something that we think we can stop at any time.

The machine has not destroyed us because it has become us, or we have become it.

Edited by WoDoByMe

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• shakti_junkie

• Waspie_Dwarf

• smallpackage

• IronGhost

The necessary tools to understand the point of view of vehicles being alive in the context that I would claim to go beyond mere intellectual understanding. It also requires a state of beingness or intuitive insight to truly be percieved. The trick of it is we are in the thick of nature's mechanism and we percieve ourselves as casual observers. It is not surprising that this discussion would be met with hostility and mixed emotions when there is an extremely elusive self preserving motivation at work. If you have ever been in a state of mind where you identified with everything external, from other people to plants and animals to the walls of buildings and every molecule that came into your awareness, you internalized as much yourself as your own body you might have a better grasp on the concept of all matter being alive. planes, trains and automobiles are a part of nature. They are a very intimate aspect of the earths ecosystem as are those who operate them.

Edited by shakti_junkie

user posted imageKen Korczak: Some of the world’s top scientists say automobiles should be classified as living beings -- and that they also have “minds” and possibly even “souls." In his terrific book, “The Physics of Immortality,” Tulane University physics professor Dr. Frank Tipler says cars must be considered living entities because:“Cars self-reproduce ...

Oh great! Cant I just see the right to life protesters in front of junk yards! :blink::lol:

Thank you for the read. :)

Here scientists have used so much time trying to create biomechanical living species and then when they fail to make them, they suddenly change theire minds and says that they have already maked one.

And what a specie, 0-100 on 4 seconds, the cheetah is gaping.

Edit: OMG, this means that women aren`t the most exspensive specie any longer. :o

Edited by Norwegian Phoenix

I have to admit it is as if cars are alive, they all have a feeling to them, a sort of conciousness. but we create them out of metal and microchips ect. Is this to say that computers are alive to?

:huh::blink:

I have to admit it is as if cars are alive, they all have a feeling to them, a sort of conciousness. but we create them out of metal and microchips ect. Is this to say that computers are alive to?

It is normal that when we think 'alive' we say that they have feelings, and that they thinking, internally without our knowledge. I am not trying to say that when we get up and leave the office all the computers get up and play foot ball in the board room, against their most hated rivals... the chairs.

Recall for a second what Shanti_Junki said for a second:

"If you have ever been in a state of mind where you identified with everything external, from other people to plants and animals to the walls of buildings and every molecule that came into your awareness, you internalized as much yourself as your own body you might have a better grasp on the concept of all matter being alive.

People to me can often be just as alive as a machine, their eyes have a gloss on them, their energy is sparatic and their logic recursive. Their perception only covers about 10 cm around their body and can hardly perceive what their eyes see.

Like a rat in a maze they are looking for the way to the end. The fastest route, no time for anything else. They're reward is to feel as though they are faster than their peers, or better at navigating this maze. But then there are some people who have realized the way to step over the maze, these are people that no longer work for people, or money. They may be poor, or rich but they have broken free and are alowed to think as they will.To break out of this feels like ascension, literally as though you have lifted off of your feet and can see the whole world at once. Your motivation is now to provide your energy to lift other people up and help them forget their fears. Be as a light in the darkness and a guide to the lost, and there will no longer be a need for war.

Edited by WoDoByMe

Its might be interesting to note for those who have a trained eye to see auras, or a kirlian camera they are not restricted to people, objects too have auras. Even the planet has a giant all encompasing aura. I'll bet a pink slip your whip does too.

If that were the case, My calculator, cellphone, headphones, and my clock would be considered a living species. People need to realize that they are tools we created to make life easier. Although our tools have advanced from rolling logs and stone-age wheels to advanced transportation, They're tools, not a species of their own.

If that were the case, My calculator, cellphone, headphones, and my clock would be considered a living species. People need to realize that they are tools we created to make life easier. Although our tools have advanced from rolling logs and stone-age wheels to advanced transportation, They're tools, not a species of their own.

Agreed. The main thing that seperates man from machinery is emotion. You can make a robot, but it will never get sad, or happy. It simply is made to run the mathematical solutions it was created with. There is no mathematical solution to create happiness. A robot will never complain about his job being to hard and take it's own life.

Agreed. The main thing that seperates man from machinery is emotion. You can make a robot, but it will never get sad, or happy. It simply is made to run the mathematical solutions it was created with. There is no mathematical solution to create happiness. A robot will never complain about his job being to hard and take it's own life.

But this will change as computer continue to "evolve.' especially in terms of artificial intelligence. As computers get smarter and faster, they will eventually achieve self-reflective consciousness -- it may happen in less than 100 years. Put one of those computers in a car, and there you have your fully developed, emotional, intelligent being.

Furthermore, something called "emergent behavior" has already been observed in crude robots. Simple robots were built, and programed to wheel around the floor to pick up objects on the floor as "food." When other similar robots were put in the same arena with them, they started to compete, and even fight over the "food." This behavior was not programmed. It "emerged" naturally, on its own.

One more thing - just because cars or computers have yet to develop emotions or self-reflective consciouness -- does not mean that they are not "alive." Think of a bacteria. It's alive -- but has no emotions, or higher thought. (At least I don't think so).

Edited by IronGhost

erm.... the human brain also collects data, the brain is like a biological computer. and AI would also be able to express/and understand emotions when they need to - just like humans.

....and thats all it is to it.

The human brain is much more complex and functional than any type of computer, and that's a fact. :yes:

retarded, simply retarded

• 7 months later...

hey sir ken, im new here im nohands

i was amazed about your tool in mind the mantras i was reading that also on my last researching

I would like to ask about how did you do it did make it like this>>cooooooowwww......eaaaaaaaaattttt....graasssssss..

hehe just asking coz mine has no effect (ahhhhh)......

YAhhh cars,,,etc all are living things hehehe like your "killng machine"...hehe

I would like to read more about your columns hehehe

TY

This is retarded, and HOLY CRAP nohands you are a thread necromancer. What have you done, now this undead zombified thread shall stalk the main front page news forum, searching for innocent souls to devour. Oh sweet Jesus what have you done...

Edited by Symbol