Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

My cat

Curiosity Killed The Kid

My cat was born with a larger chin which we lead to belive made her look uniquely like a Lioness. As she grew her bottom teeth formed a over-bite. Recently though, her chin has "erupted", she has developed scabs around her neck and chin that secret ***** fluid. The scabds are to the skin and no hair remains. We took her to a Vetrenarian and apparently it is normal and there isn't much we can do but avoid contact with her. It's really sad that my cat has to indure this and I hope she survives it :hmm:.

user posted image

user posted image

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Curiosity Killed The Kid

• Grandpa Greenman

• Beggars

• Luvkittys7

Oh poor cat is has to suffer this much... user posted image

Its normal? Take it to another vet...if its oozing pus, its not normal..

OMG! :cry: will it ever recover? :(

I agree that is not normal, I would go to another vet. Maybe one who specializes in cats. Looks like the chin clans are oversecreting. My cat book relates to it diet but that looks bad. How can you keep that clean if you don't touch her? I don't think your vet knows what he is talking about.

Poor kitty. :(

Please tell us how she make out.

Edited by Darkwind

Please tell us how she make out.

Make out with my cat?

I already did ^_^

user posted image

hi,

i showed these pictures to my daughter.she is a vet.she said she does'nt know why your vet told you this was normal.she said THIS IS NOT NORMAL.she strongly suggests you take your cat to another vet as soon as possible.good luck to you and kitty. :cat:

:blush: Ya I make out with mine to. Good luck.

I apologize for the missconception before. My definition of "normal" wasn't meant to be missinterpreted to be average for a cat. After a short talk with my mother she says she can't remember exactly what the disorder is, but it is common among cats with her unique chin (see first post for info). Apparently, we can't do much but wait and pray it gets better. But, if it doesn't, then we'll have to put her down. We've had her for about five years now and we adopted her from the local humane society. She came from a man who was arrested for animal neglect. My mom claims that she weighed alot less then a normal cat of her size should. :hmm:

I apologize for the missconception before. My definition of "normal" wasn't meant to be missinterpreted to be average for a cat. After a short talk with my mother she says she can't remember exactly what the disorder is, but it is common among cats with her unique chin (see first post for info). Apparently, we can't do much but wait and pray it gets better. But, if it doesn't, then we'll have to put her down. We've had her for about five years now and we adopted her from the local humane society. She came from a man who was arrested for animal neglect. My mom claims that she weighed alot less then a normal cat of her size should. :hmm:

thats just terrible :no: good thing she lives in a loving home now. you should make sure you give her lots of love and attention because when shes gone its going to hurt and hurt bad. :cry: i just lost my dog not to long ago. we hade her for over 10 years and she was like a little sister to me....... yah so make sure you spoil her rotten ok? :tu:

thats just terrible :no: good thing she lives in a loving home now. you should make sure you give her lots of love and attention because when shes gone its going to hurt and hurt bad. :cry: i just lost my dog not to long ago. we hade her for over 10 years and she was like a little sister to me....... yah so make sure you spoil her rotten ok? :tu:

Awww, that's so sad. My family's first dog was put down and buried in our back yard and shortly after our second one was given away. I already make sweet love with my cat :w00t:.

Jay kay, kids, I'm not a perv ^_^

I tried to scan my cat book for you, but it didn't come out legible. You might be able to get it library it is called "The New Natural Cat" by Anitra Frazier.

She has a section about chin glands. She suggests changing the diet and making your own cat food. It is worth a try. I almost lost my cat to a Bobcat this week. I don't know what I would have done. I am a widower and shes is all company I got.

I tried to scan my cat book for you, but it didn't come out legible. You might be able to get it library it is called "The New Natural Cat" by Anitra Frazier.

She has a section about chin glands. She suggests changing the diet and making your own cat food. It is worth a try. I almost lost my cat to a Bobcat this week. I don't know what I would have done. I am a widower and shes is all company I got.

Yeah, we've been giving her a mixture of her difirent cat foods to help her get better, we've also been mixing in water to make it easier to chew. I'm sorry to hear that Darkwind, nobody deserves that. I hope your cat recovers. If not, then get a gun and kill the bobcat. ^_^

Edited by Curiosity Killed The Kid

Yeah, we've been giving her a mixture of her difirent cat foods to help her get better, we've also been mixing in water to make it easier to chew. I'm sorry to hear that Darkwind, nobody deserves that. I hope your cat recovers. If not, then get a gun and kill the bobcat. ^_^

You miss understood, the bobcat didn't get a hold of her but it was close. If I hadn't got to the door in time she'd been bobcat dinner. It was a close call that was for sure.

Even if the bobcat had got her I couldn't shoot him. He is doing what he must to survive. All round my mobile home park they have destroyed all the forest, built golf courses and million dollar homes on postage stamp lots. We have taken the bobcat's home away form him. Now he is living in an unnatural situation. We have lots of rabbits and ducks in our lake, so he is naturally attracted to that. A cat is just a little bigger meal to him. I worry about him. He has little fear of humans which makes him very dangerous, if someone gets hurt his life is forfeit. It is a sad situation for him. To live he must hunt and have game to hunt. We have built our homes where he must hunt. He has no choice but to hunt in my yard. So I must be more responsible of my cat by keeping her in house and walking her on a leash. The bobcat is beautiful. The next time I see him I am hoping to get a picture of him. If I do I’ll post it.

Some one should put the cat down.

Or you down for not taking it to a

vet.

Btw my cat is half ocelot and half domestic

Edited by Bietsch

dude,you need to settle down.i have a cat,his name is griffen,hes very lazy

vet.

Me?

Bietsch

She did take the cat to the vet. Read the whole post.

vet.

Well, aren't we just soooo compassionate?

oh yea? I find that a tad hard to believe, mind posting a pic? :)

---

Anyway, Curiosity -- I wish the best for your kitty :yes: I know what it's like having a cat with a disability - I've had several...(it's one of my weaknesses..shhh) The cat I currently have is completely deaf.

i have cats... sadly, the only disabilities they have are more along the lines of mental retardation. :D yes, intelligent kitties... here they are:

abby the tabby playing on our roof...

user posted image

abbigail sleeping... on my previously-clean, folded pants.

(abbigail and abby are two different cats. abbigail was given to us by some friends and was already named, just to clear that up.)

user posted image

nicholas, our fluffy-faced nut.

user posted image

yep... that's the three stooges...

!!

My kitty's name is Abby too :yes:

Abby

oh my goodness... she is gorgeous and so cute!!!

reminds me so much of my old kitty, coconut. sadly, we believe she was hit by a car. she was found a little ways off the road... it was really very awful. i miss her terribly... <33

coco:

user posted image

[attachmentid=25924]

Abbigail looks a lot like my kitty.

post-7739-1148347613.jpg

aww, cute kitty... they do look a lot alike :) someone told me the other day that abbigail looked like she had rolled in poop... i was somewhat offended (though she does have rather odd coloring)