Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Men Breastfeeding?

JLizard

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• robbieb

• Raptor

• Beckys_Mom

• SkyDive

i saw something about that on "Medical Incredibles"....

............ i guess my position on this subject is, just cos you can do something doesn't mean it to be done. example: you can drive a car with ur feet but that doesn't make it good idea....

Medical Science has made amazing progress in the last 20 years, but think about the ethics side of it,

1) men are not supposed to be able to breast feed-> they were not designed for that quite literally in the anataomical sense.

2) What would be the long and short term effect of the child involved in being bread fed?

This just has WRONG written all over it.....

Edited by SkyDive

men being surrogate mothers to couples who cant have kids!!!! lol

It is possible, but not all men can do it, I've forgotten the statistic but I think its around 1/5 that can.

If I remember correctly I think it's to do with over exposure to different hormones found in drugs, steroids etc.

yea this happens when the male ha s anabundance of breast tissue most guy have small amounts but some end up developing more and if under stress or if introduced to horomones not ofund in the body they can prodce milk.

Breast tissue does not produce milk - mammary glands do. During puberty, a woman's mammary glands grow and develop the capacity to produce milk through introduction of estrogen levels. Testosterone inhibits mammary gland development.

All humans have mammary glands, they develop in a fetus before the sex is determined, therefore all humans have the potential to produce milk, but not all do. Actually all mammals have mammary glands...hence the name.

Edited by jobot37

The first thing that comes to mind here is once again Family Guy. :tu:

But thats pretty gross, and wrong.

yes iunderstand that mammary glands the modified sweat glands of mammals produces the lmilk but it is triggered in men when breast tissue starts to increase some times.

This article makes this seem to be true, but I have never heard of such a thing?

Is this for real?

http://www.unassistedchildbirth.com/miscar...es/milkmen.html :sk

It's a known fact that a new born will latch on to anything that is in front of its face when its hungry.....lil infants cannot see propperely for a number of weeks...everything is blurred to them...anyhoo...one day my partner was walking up and down the landing..with no shirt on, just his trek pants and socks...showing off and telling me just how good he is with Becky.

.......Becky was just bearly 2 weeks old at the time....it was nearly feeding time she was due a bottle....then he threw me a smart **** remark...saying he is better handling her andshe seems to be more content with him...........I was going to tell him it was time for her bottle but since he was so darn cockey ...I said sod it let him find out the hard way :devil:

Two mins later as i was finishing off my emails...from the bedroom next to me...all I could hear was.......GERI......GERI.....HELP ME....GET IN HERE QUICK AAAAAAAAHHHHHH

I knew just what had happened...when i went in...she had latched on to his breast :lol: and had both her hand gripping hold of his chest hairs OUCHIE!! he was in agony LOL I had to get her off him...but man it was funny :rofl:

The midwife called the next morning...I told her about it...she laughed and said it happens cuz babies will latch on to anything soft in front of them when they are hungry...she gave me a booklet on it...it read that its like a built in natural instinct babies have......And true enough when Becky was just 5 mins old...the midwife gave Gary a 3oz bottle to feed her....and although she couldnt see all that well...becky latched on to that bottle and knew exactly what to do

So guys if either of you wind up with a newborn...heres a tip, dont sit holding the baby with no shirt on...cuz if you do...LATCH!!!! :D

So guys if either of you wind up with a newborn...heres a tip, dont sit holding the baby with no shirt on...cuz if you do...LATCH!!!! :D

lol I found out the hard way too... they'll go for toes too... :blush:

I think it would be cool to breastfeed, but like... it'd feel awkward... I mean... having my sons suck on my nipples just seems like... wrong somehow.

Now, if I were to be feeding my Wife that way... different story!

I am wierd, and I do know it.

lol I found out the hard way too... they'll go for toes too... :blush:

I think it would be cool to breastfeed, but like... it'd feel awkward... I mean... having my sons suck on my nipples just seems like... wrong somehow.

Now, if I were to be feeding my Wife that way... different story!

I am wierd, and I do know it.

LOL you where latched on too hee hee...and yea it dont seem right somehow..watching a man breast feed...I even refuse to do it LOL :ph34r:

HA I knew someone would say that about breast feeding with their partners LOL :D

or how bout when my nephew sucked my ear lobe when i was trying to put him to sleep by holding him all of a sudden i wasl iek AHHH AHH what are u doin