Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Smarter cats or dogs

Grandpa Greenman

cats or dogs  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Which is smarter

• Dogs
    • Cats

Dogs being more loyal than cats.., that depends on the cat...

Some cats don't care much about people certainly, but it often has a lot to do with how you 'raise' the cat from when you get it. Just about any cat that I have had, has grown quite attached to at least one person in the family.

Take the youngest of the two cats I have now for example-- she comes running to greet me and play just about the moment I go outside. Both she and the oldest cat enjoys going for walks(without leashes too), as long as I don't go too far from the house.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• robbieb

• Beckys_Mom

• Grandpa Greenman

• Luvkittys7

Dogs are slaves.

Cats are royalty.

You order a dog. He complies, that is about it.

A cat you request and if you have done it correctly he might grant your request.

A dog eats his own poop.

A cat buries it.

If you are staving a dog will kill his own food but won't share it with you.

A cat will bring you food. You might not like mouse but it’s the thought that counts.

If you go down and can't get up the dog might try to get help.

A cat will watch you die, morn your death, then go find another human to enslave.

Cats are much smarter by my standards of smart. :cat:

No dog can do anything to a LION.

apparently u do not know ur dog breeds Rhodesian Ridgeback look them up. they were the reason lions started to loose thre hold on africa.

Dogs are slaves.

Cats are royalty.

A cat you request and if you have done it correctly he might grant your request.

A dog eats his own poop.

A cat buries it.

A cat will bring you food. You might not like mouse but it’s the thought that counts.

A cat will watch you die, morn your death, then go find another human to enslave.

Cats are much smarter by my standards of smart

LOL

Dogs are slaves.

Cats are royalty.

A dog eats his own poop.

A cat buries it.

Cats are much smarter by my standards of smart. :cat:

The Queen of England would say her corgies are indeed royal LOL :D

As for cat and dog poop....you can get rid of the smell of dog poop easy...but try getting rid of the smell of a cats poop/pee its needs a mirical :blink:

And thank god dogs dont leave half chewed up vermon on my door step LOL

And thank god dogs dont leave half chewed up vermon on my door step LOL

Ya they just went out and rolled in it. mmmmm... good smell.

LOL

Ya they just went out and rolled in it. mmmmm... good smell.

LOL

LOL they roll in it for a reason to hide their scent LOL its a known fact :D

I own a Springer Spainal...those dogs are normally used as gun dogs and police dogs ...I live in the country and I have lost count the amount of times when I have gave Charlie a bath and the sec I take him for a stroll...he dashes accross the fields and rolls around to hide his scent...I have seen him go after rabbits, birds ect..and catch a few LOL :D

Springers are smart. I had a dog crossed between a springer and shepard. He was the best dog I ever owned. Wish I still had him. I had trouble teaching him to fetch. After he brought the stick back about three times on the fouth throw he would sit there and cocked his head and look like he was saying, "If you want the darn thing quit throwing it away." That was the end of the game. I would say that dog was every bit a smart as a cat. Saved me from stepping on a snake a few times.

Edited by Darkwind

ok just for the record i had a 95 pound akita she was a hunter and a hlaf we never unted with her but if she got out she was guarantted to bring back something. raccons and possums mostly but there were two deer and a few rabbits too. i was sure one day shed bring home a bear lol. or my saint bernard killed a ground hog and tried bring it to the house for us. tossed that over thne fence lol my neighboor never susoected it was me lol thats what u get when u complain my dog barks to much lol

Springers are smart. I had a dog crossed between a springer and shepard. He was the best dog I ever owned. Wish I still had him. I had trouble teaching him to fetch. After he brought the stick back about three times on the fouth throw he would sit there and cocked his head and look like he was saying, "If you want the darn thing quit throwing it away." That was the end of the game. I would say that dog was every bit a smart as a cat. Saved me from stepping on a snake a few times.

This is my Springer Charlie...mad as ever..likes to chase rabbits and birds but kinna fears the swans in the lake cuz they hisssssss at him..so he is a lil apprehensive on diving in after the swans LOL although he would just love to!!!

user posted image

I still think dogs are smarter but cats are better kick boxers LOL

user posted image

:lol:

In my opinion, it entirely depends. I know some REALLY stupid cats and some REALLY stupid dogs, but I also know some really smart ones. Just like there are really smart humans, and really stupid ones. I think they both even out, but since dogs are loyal pack animals, they seem to be thought of as stupid.

apparently u do not know ur dog breeds Rhodesian Ridgeback look them up. they were the reason lions started to loose thre hold on africa.

My auntie has one of those :D , but I don't like it because it attacked me. :no:

Well a dog can smell out bombs, detect land mines, smell out drugs (Family Guy, lol :lol: ),save a drowning person, pull a sled and retrieve a duck you shot.

But I put cat because dogs scare me.

My auntie has one of those :D , but I don't like it because it attacked me. :no:

Well a dog can smell out bombs, detect land mines, smell out drugs (Family Guy, lol :lol: ),save a drowning person, pull a sled and retrieve a duck you shot.

But I put cat because dogs scare me.

A dog can sense if you are scared of it thats why some with growl at you LOL

I read in another thread about meat..you said you like to hunt and eat your kill...so I imagined you had a dog with you....like the one I have I posted his pic above..springers are used mostly as gun dogs and love to go hunting...but as you are scared of dogs I take it you go a hunting alone lol :D

My 8 month old baby girl loves dogs..when they bark at her she goes into fits of laughter :D

if cats are so smart how come they didnt invnt a can opener my dog once ripped open the dog food bag. stupid cats with there loud music and smoking Marijuana. Hey cats. YOU GEAT A JOB!

This post makes absolutely no sense unless the poster was smoking with the cats. Then it has perfect clarity. :rolleyes:

This post makes absolutely no sense unless the poster was smoking with the cats. Then it has perfect clarity. :rolleyes:

:lol:

But you have to put in a lil consideration ...like his age..he may be just a kid himself and hasnt grew up yet and is only trying to understand things...I picked that up from a lot of his posts.....not saying it to be funny...after all its a family forum and kids of all ages post...he could be one of them...*shrugs* :)

PLZ note the above is not saying for sure he is a kid...I am only guessing...not putting him down... ;)

Edited by Beckys_Mom

Mmmm.. you need to visit my house... my cats (there are three of them)... work in a pack like system and have cornerd MANY a dog... and yes.. big dogs.. one was a female Rotweiler that I was sitting for... I heard her yelping and went running and found her cornered in my bathroom.. with three kittys hissing and running at her... they never actaully touched her.. but boy was she scared!! :tu:

This amuses me.

2 cats sit on the top of my yard fence LOL (its quite high) and tease my dog all the time...he growls up at them barking mad with fustration cuz he cant get at them....I was so tempted to go out one day and put the cats right in the yard but naw I cant be that cruel cuz I like cats too :P

haha im not a kid it was put together from two things on family guy one was stewie was tlaking aobut the toilet and he wasl iek look at it just sitting thre eating people feces and thjne he runs into the bathroom and goes "u get a job!" and the rest was from peter talking aobut something i jsut replaced some words to have it fit cats.

haha im not a kid it was put together from two things on family guy one was stewie was tlaking aobut the toilet and he wasl iek look at it just sitting thre eating people feces and thjne he runs into the bathroom and goes "u get a job!" and the rest was from peter talking aobut something i jsut replaced some words to have it fit cats.

Oh. Thanx for clearing that up for me. :blink:

How old are you robbie?

im a 23 year old zoologist who has a black belt in two martical art systems including jujitsu and isshin ryu karate. and i got ADHD. want to know anything else?

What's in my pocket?

Edit: forgot (this is a joke...) :P I recognized what robbieb was saying when he posted that and had a good laugh.

Edited by Celumnaz

robbie,

ADHD is a product of calorie-rich nutrient deficient diets. A by-product of the "western diet".

As sheri says, "you are what you eat".

WHO DO U THINK YOU ARE? DON'T U DARE TALK ABOUT ME LIKE THAT. and if you knew anything about ADHD you would know that is not true. so i'm asking you to never talk about me like you know me. thanks! ADHD is agreed my a vast majority of doctors is caused by genetics. diet, brain trauma, parenting, and allergies are no longer consided to be causes. because 2 children from one family who eat the same things and brought up the same way one might have it the other wont. brain trauma has show that children with adhd ususaly have no brain damage at all. and heres something for u i know someone who is vegan and has ADHD. do your research next time.

Edited by robbieb