Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Meat in your diet

robbieb

I only eat Lamb and Chicken

Other than vegetables, masalas/kourmas/"curries", and bread, they are staples of Indian cuisine (mutton and chicken)

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beckys_Mom

• __Kratos__

• Ravinar

• robbieb

Interesting thread...To each his own.....Needing meat is a myth and eating meat is a choice........of course your own choice but choice none the less...lol :D

Meats can tend to inflame or swell your joints. Veganism (oats, rices, grains, beans) is much healthier source of food and protien.

But fast food is SOO easy and cheap. Mshyts and Burger Queen are right around the corner ;) .

Interesting thread...To each his own.....Needing meat is a myth and eating meat is a choice........of course your own choice but choice none the less...lol :D

How is it a choice Sheri?? :hmm: I am not trying to be rude here far from it LOL but I just would like to know as to how you see it as just a choice???

Reason being is my lil Becky loves mince meat with gravy ...she cant get enough of it, she has even cried out for her dads baby back ribs and had herself a good time chewing on it.....to me she didnt make the choice...it was her taste buds that made the choice...after all she is just over 8 months old...and bare in mind Becky loves her potatoes with mixed veg...and she will eat a lil fruit and loves to drink water...she is very healthy :wub:

She cried out for the left over ribs (she must of thought they smelt good)

user posted image

And that was it..that was the 1st time I saw her get a taste for meat and she wasnt going to part with that rib...funny thing was...there was nothing on it for her to bite off LOL we didnt want her to choke!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v375/gdk_foci/Is_that_another_tasty_stick_I_See.jpg

I had to stay close in case she choked on it...but she didnt....now we just mix it in with the rest of her food... :D

I didnt make it my choice either Sheri....I just happen to like it...not all meat though just some...but it's like anything you eat..if your taste buds dont like it and your tummy disagrees with it then you wont eat it...simple as that...and thats not you personally making that choice...its your body.....do you see what I am trying to say? :) However it IS your choice later on in life whether to eat meat or not..that I will agree with :yes:

Tastes good :tu:

I cant say I have ever tried veal...never actually!!!

Edited by Beckys_Mom

^ theres some thing disturbing about that picture....... :unsure2:

how you see it as just a choice???

May not have a choice in Having impulses or desires, but have a choice to Act on them or not. Rule impulse/desire or be ruled by impulse/desire. Same applies to sex arguments and other things.

Edit: Oh and Veal! I haven't had it in a long time, because of the "cruelty" factor. Tasted Great from what I remember... Veal Parmesan mmmmmmmm..... When I was like 8 or 9 it's all I wanted from tavern on the green.

Edited by Celumnaz

^ theres some thing disturbing about that picture....... :unsure2:

Do tell BM here what is so freaking disturbing about a pic of her child?? :hmm: Because there is nothing disturbing about my child....got that? so if there was a pic of her eating a carrot you would think OHH CUTE!!! :rolleyes:

Edited by Beckys_Mom

May not have a choice in Having impulses or desires, but have a choice to Act on them or not. Rule impulse/desire or be ruled by impulse/desire. Same applies to sex arguments and other things.

Edit: Oh and Veal! I haven't had it in a long time, because of the "cruelty" factor. Tasted Great from what I remember... Veal Parmesan mmmmmmmm..... When I was like 8 or 9 it's all I wanted from tavern on the green.

I said it isnt a mere choice...its to do with your taste buds if they like it or not...you yourself personally ....ohhh bacon even if my taste buds dont like it I am going to eat it anyway...this is what I was trying to tell Sheri

You mean like if you're standing in the sun on a 100 degree day, you're going to get hot wether you like it or not? It's what your body does. Like that?

I can agree with that... I didn't choose to like some things/desires I have... only say my choice to act on them or not. I think I understand what you're saying.

I'm going to see if I can find some veal out here in dry as a bone Tom Green County Texas. Probably somewhere in Angelo there's Something...

You mean like if you're standing in the sun on a 100 degree day, you're going to get hot wether you like it or not? It's what your body does. Like that?

I can agree with that... I didn't choose to like some things/desires I have... only say my choice to act on them or not. I think I understand what you're saying.

I'm going to see if I can find some veal out here in dry as a bone Tom Green County Texas. Probably somewhere in Angelo there's Something...

I dunno if they sell veal over here...I must check that out

How do my fellow meat eaters feel about eating veal?

I've been called everything under the sun for eating a veal steak sandwich. I don't agree with the treatment but can't argue with the flavor.

I've tried it before :hmm: , not my favourite, i'd much rather a buffalo steak. I don't really care about the treatment.

Didn't South Park have an episode about eating veal? :lol:

I eat meat just to make vegans unhappy.

No, because you like it, unhappy vegans is just a nice addition. :tu:

I eat meat extensively. Infact I was just eating some beef jerky. ^_^ I eat beef, pork, chicken, turkey, deer and buffalo. I don't eat fish but I do eat some seafood like crabs and shrimp ( I even tasted squid). I especially like steak.

I eat meat because it tastes good, I hunt (have to eat your kill :tu: ), and I support my province's agricullture (especially after the mad cow scare) and I am perfectly healthy. :tu:

I've tried it before :hmm: , not my favourite, i'd much rather a buffalo steak. I don't really care about the treatment.

I eat meat extensively. Infact I was just eating some beef jerky. ^_^ I eat beef, pork, chicken, turkey, deer and buffalo. I don't eat fish but I do eat some seafood like crabs and shrimp ( I even tasted squid). I especially like steak.

I eat meat because it tastes good, I hunt (have to eat your kill :tu: ), and I support my province's agricullture (especially after the mad cow scare) and I am perfectly healthy. :tu:

I havent tried deer or buffalo...does it taste as good as steak?? You say you hunt...but you didnt mention ducks....have you eaten a duck before?? Personally even though they are greasy and not the same amount of meat on them as you would get on a chicken...duck by far is much much better..so if you havent tried it...you must :yes:

Fish is good for you...why dont you eat fish?

One of the best home remidies for a bad dose of the cold or flu is a bowl of home made chicken soup and it does perk you right up :yes: I took some today cuz I was loaded with the cold!!!

Buffalo steak would be great if it was more wide spread and cheaper. It's leaner and healthier for you and it has a rich flavor that makes you drool. :P

:lol: They did.

Cartman: What did I tell you, Stan! We save some baby cows from being eaten, and now we're no good dirty God---- hippies! :rofl:

Squid? :blink: It's so rubbery. :P It's like chewing a superball.

I eat pretty much all kinds of meat... beef, chicken, pork, turkey, venison (deer), fish.

I have tried duck, alligator, frog legs, turtle, rattle snake, squirrel, and rabbit.

I love sushi!!!

But I also love my veggies. I have a very good friend (some of you might remember Amby)... and he is vegetarian... and out of respect for him, I have decided not to ever eat veal again, which it has been years since I have eaten it, but I don't remember it being something that I can't live without. :tu:

How is it a choice Sheri?? :hmm: I am not trying to be rude here far from it LOL but I just would like to know as to how you see it as just a choice???

Reason being is my lil Becky loves mince meat with gravy ...she cant get enough of it, she has even cried out for her dads baby back ribs and had herself a good time chewing on it.....to me she didnt make the choice...it was her taste buds that made the choice...after all she is just over 8 months old...and bare in mind Becky loves her potatoes with mixed veg...and she will eat a lil fruit and loves to drink water...she is very healthy :wub:

She cried out for the left over ribs (she must of thought they smelt good)

user posted image

And that was it..that was the 1st time I saw her get a taste for meat and she wasnt going to part with that rib...funny thing was...there was nothing on it for her to bite off LOL we didnt want her to choke!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v375/gdk_foci/Is_that_another_tasty_stick_I_See.jpg

I had to stay close in case she choked on it...but she didnt....now we just mix it in with the rest of her food... :D

I didnt make it my choice either Sheri....I just happen to like it...not all meat though just some...but it's like anything you eat..if your taste buds dont like it and your tummy disagrees with it then you wont eat it...simple as that...and thats not you personally making that choice...its your body.....do you see what I am trying to say? :) However it IS your choice later on in life whether to eat meat or not..that I will agree with :yes:

I cant say I have ever tried veal...never actually!!!

lol she loves that barbeque sauce eh???? the taste buds love sugar....lol......

:D Well it did taste sweet

Buffalo steak would be great if it was more wide spread and cheaper. It's leaner and healthier for you and it has a rich flavor that makes you drool. :P

:lol: They did.

Cartman: What did I tell you, Stan! We save some baby cows from being eaten, and now we're no good dirty God---- hippies! :rofl:

Squid? :blink: It's so rubbery. :P It's like chewing a superball.

There is a large buffalo farm near where I live so I can get it quite cheap. I only tried squid once and I didn't like it much (I got tricked into eating it :P ).

yea buffalo is awsome i had ostrich once not bad. i love squid of man i get it when ever i can. and no one had mentionded jerky yet i love some good jerky, deer, cow, turkey its all so good

yea buffalo is awsome i had ostrich once not bad. i love squid of man i get it when ever i can. and no one had mentionded jerky yet i love some good jerky, deer, cow, turkey its all so good

Jerky is awsome. Same with sausage and pepperoni sticks.

Jerky is awsome. Same with sausage and pepperoni sticks.

The local butcher shop has some of the best jerky in the world. :P They use all these special spices and such. *drools*

If you are a person with religion and a meat eater, you are following the bible:

Genesis 9:3

Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things.

Y'all talking about veal...made it sound good....must try it!!!! I have to LOL :ph34r:

If you are a person with religion and a meat eater, you are following the bible:

Genesis 9:3

Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things.

hehehe... Green Herb

Have had rattlesnake, buffalo, alligator, ostrich, various insects...

For some reason I can't stand fish. It's the only thing that makes me want to puke just from the smell. I don't understand it, I TRY to like it... just doesn't work for me. :(

Tuna (as long as it has dolphin in it too :P) smothered with mayo or in a salad I can do, but every other salmon steak, catfish, bass... just can't do it.

ohm an one time me and two of my cousins and my uncle caught a 315 pound threasher shark in long island. omg that thing tasted amazing and im never swimming in long island again. that shark was monsterous. 315 pounds!!!!!!