Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Luziadus

The Portuguese have a unique gene

69 posts in this topic

Luziadus

Well

First I didn't knew where to put this ....

Ok lets go.

The Portuguese people is the oldest one of the Europe, not alone in the borders and in the physical spaces, but especially in the soul and in the traditions of the people. Many times the sociologists and the scientists insist in underline this evidence.By that, however much portuguese tried to be Europeans, never will be, therefore the past does not let. Of nothing are worth constitutions of paper, or treated economics writing in invaders peoples name. They are unique.

In 50 thousand years ago AC , Portugal was inhabited by paleolithic tribes that were differents of the rest of the Iberian peninsula. Around 30 thousand later years, the North Africans of the paleolithic lived alone in the peninsula during 12 thousand years, escaping from the desertification of the Sahara.Portuguese are the only people of this zone to do not have a genetic frequency inherited there – while the others, specially in the Basque, the similarities abound.The scientists affirm this, “Despite of the Portugueses had also suffered the invasions of the peoples of the Europe Central during the first millenium AC, the rank of genetic similarity between the Portuguese people and the others ethnic groups of the Iberian peninsula is not certain.”

Beyond they do not have the gene of the mediterranean one, they have still two specific genes, being one of them was not found in more nowhere of the world. These resistant heroes aren't an ethereal mass, or a plan diffuse of any corrupt politician. They are real genes that portuguese have, that unite of an insoluble form and that will remain in this land up to the end of the world. The scientists called to the first gene A25-B18-DR2, the one that alone was found in the Portuguese between the Europeans, despite of also existing in Brazil and North America, fruit of portuguese discover tendency.

Another gene, this completely Portuguese, has the assignment of A26-B38-DR13, having existed in the first Iberian westerners of the beginning of the times. It was this the intrepid and most courageous gene that fought against the Romans, being also the gene of D. Afonso Henriques, of D. Nuno Alvares Pereira, of the Infant D. Henrique and Camões.

NOTE:Portugal was the last home for the Neanderthal.

ANOTHER NOTE:The Portuguese are mixture of :

-Lusitanos

-Germans (Visigódos and Suevos)

-Romans

-Calaicos (the ones you call Galicians, are also celtiberos, as the Lusitanos)

-Koniis (people of the algarve, many say that influenced enough the culture and Roman language)

-Ofis (the people of the snakes)

-Oestreminis (the oldest known people of the zone, accounts of Romans and Greek)

-Dragani (the people of the dragon)

-Celts

-Phoenician (the Portuguese have many Phoenician caracteristics, their empire shows that the kind of colonization was equal)

-Cartagineses

-Greeks

-Leoneses

-Asturians

-Moorish (the Moors were not mixed with the Christians, neither these with those, religious motives by that the mixture was not a lot).

-Jews

And thats all.

Truly sorry about the size of this.

But Thanks a lot of reading.

Edited by Endymion

kaknelson

Astonishing!

Xavie

I was always under the impression that Basque people were the oldest surviving nation in Europe. I always found it interesting how their language never got tainted by other nations surrounding them.

This is very interesting.

Immortal Norway

There is no question about that Portugese people are diffrent. In my class we have two people who are not Norwegian, Niko, who is from Greece and Are who is from Portugal. Niko is like eveyone else in the class, but Are is crazy and rasistic.

But still I don`t realy see the big deel out of this...

DieChecker

It is very interesting. I didn't know the Portugese were so genetically seperate.

Hey, I just noticed that the ads at the bottom of the thread are related to the subject. That is kind of cool!

Feanor

Very interesting. But Brazil wasn´t discoverd, it was colonized.

Anyway, this is new to me! I didn´t know that Portugal was the last home of the Neanderthal.

Feanor

There is no question about that Portugese people are diffrent. In my class we have two people who are not Norwegian, Niko, who is from Greece and Are who is from Portugal. Niko is like eveyone else in the class, but Are is crazy and rasistic.

But still I don`t realy see the big deel out of this...

Racism has nothing to do with origins, but with culture and education. I am son of Russians but I am not and never tended to be comunist.

My girlfriend is german and her grandady was nazi, but her father and she herself aren´t nazi...

el_burdokai

@ the OP: Who cares?

Are is not a Portuguese name. Although, it is certain the portuguese are quite racist towards nords.

Bahamut_0

And why do you think we are racists towards nords?

I'd like to hear you explaining it.

Phoenix already knows I hate him!

=P

Edited by Bahamut_0

Lottie

Hmmm lets all get back on topic before this becomes something else.

Thanks. :tu:

Mr Supertypo

sources? where did you read this? give me a link plz.

Luziadus

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.f...9&dopt=Abstract

http://www.blackwell-synergy.com/doi/abs/1...9.1999.530303.x

I hope you understand this sites ;)

The post of the topic,was a conclusion that I and a friend who works in BioMedicine did,from many other sources,one of them is this site.

Edited by Endymion

Luziadus

@ the OP: Who cares?

Are is not a Portuguese name. Although, it is certain the portuguese are quite racist towards nords.

Racism are in everywhere,but most of the cases are in Northern Europe (German,Netherlands,Denamrk,...) and in England.

So we are fine here with a lot of black people,and people of the east (Romania,Ucrânia,...).

Why Northern Europe have few people of this kind?? ---> Racism (could be)

Edited by Endymion

Never_Hit_Nirvana

I shacked up for a couple of years with a Portugese girl once, and yeah, she was so seperate she was from a different planet.

Towards modern times, didn't the Jews figure prominently in Portugese history? I was under the impression that Portugese blood has a strong shot of Jewish heritage.

Luziadus

I shacked up for a couple of years with a Portugese girl once, and yeah, she was so seperate she was from a different planet.

Towards modern times, didn't the Jews figure prominently in Portugese history? I was under the impression that Portugese blood has a strong shot of Jewish heritage.

Yes,yes,but I though that I mencioned them on the mixture,sorry,I forgot them,its a lot of different kind of people ;)

Murderman187

so in other words, you are direct descendants of neandertals......well isnt that something to be proud of ;)

Murderman187

Racism are in everywhere,but most of the cases are in Northern Europe (German,Netherlands,Denamrk,...) and in England.

So we are fine here with a lot of black people,and people of the east (Romania,Ucrânia,...).

Why Northern Europe have few people of this kind?? ---> Racism (could be)

the netherlands isnt in the northern regions of europe ( though it is north of portugal, it cant be descibed as northern)

furthermore, i think you are way of on how the dutch society is build up: we have more etniticies here, then in portugal.===fact

source? come and have a look.

Edited by Murderman187

Master Sage

Wow. So what exactly do the 2 genes effect?

Luziadus

- Who said that we are descendent directly of the Neandertals and that we are proud of that??

- For me Netherlands is Northern Europe,now about the racism I will say again,most of the cases happen in that area of Europe(not in Netherlands itself),and also in England,should I repeat again??You can came here also.

- The effect of the 2 genes aren't certain yet,but we think that could be about the way that portuguese do things or the way how they think,its about our "soul" and tradition.Example we are the people of the "desenrascanço",we always wait the last minute/hour/day/week/mounth/year to do things.

It can be this characterists or not,I dont have sure yet.

To know more about Desenrascanço --> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desenrascan%C3%A7o

Mr Supertypo

- Who said that we are descendent directly of the Neandertals and that we are proud of that??

- For me Netherlands is Northern Europe,now about the racism I will say again,most of the cases happen in that area of Europe(not in Netherlands itself),and also in England,should I repeat again??You can came here also.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desenrascan%C3%A7o

I live in northen Europe Endymion, in Skandinavia exactly, and I never experienced racism of any kind on me or on my relatives. So you are really disrespectfull against other people and countryes...and thats not cool!

About the sources I asked you, do you have something in English?

Bahamut_0

Well, in my opinion, both sides are being stuborn and they should just shut up about the racism part.

Lux, what do you mean? All of the three are in english, or at least they appear in english to me... I doubt they don't appear that way to you.

IMO this thread should be in the science forum than in this one, since it has more to do with genetics (or at least that's the interesting part).

Anyway, I don't see the big deal about this either.

Luziadus

I live in northen Europe Endymion, in Skandinavia exactly, and I never experienced racism of any kind on me or on my relatives. So you are really disrespectfull against other people and countryes...and thats not cool!

About the sources I asked you, do you have something in English?

And I live in Portugal,and I also never experienced racism.

Disrespectfull was the guy which said that we are racist towards to Nords,you should say that to him not to me.

End of the discussion about Racism.

---------

Now about some people doesn't see the big deal of this,I will say something,this is a new knowledge about ancient civilizations,if some people hates to know more about them,then go away from this topic.

Mr Supertypo

Well, in my opinion, both sides are being stuborn and they should just shut up about the racism part.

Lux, what do you mean? All of the three are in english, or at least they appear in english to me... I doubt they don't appear that way to you.

IMO this thread should be in the science forum than in this one, since it has more to do with genetics (or at least that's the interesting part).

Anyway, I don't see the big deal about this either.

:D this is embarassing, yes they are in English, I dont know what I was reading :wacko:

Maybe one of my genes made me forget all about English :w00t:

cyrus11

oh yeahhh.. portugal was the last stand of neanderthals..hmmmm... wasn't there a recent find near there that was a fossil of a teen or boy with features of both modern human and neanderthals traits? hey. whynot? maybe those genes are attributed to the mixture of people and neanderthals in that area of the land. neanderthals genes. eventually neanderthal traits were bred out, but the genes must have survived.... hmm... the next time i see a portuguese with a large nose...i might just wonder.... :D

Celumnaz

Wow. So what exactly do the 2 genes effect?

Maybe it makes them think they're Portuguese?