Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bird Flu

LostLittleGirl

Can someone tell me the syptoms of it please? I'm curoius to what they are.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Raptor

• frogfish

• LostLittleGirl

• Beckys_Mom

You would feel need to buy more shoes even though you have plenty already.

You forget how to parallel park and

you start talking rubbish.

Bird Flu

Fever, cough, sore throat, aching muscles, conjuctivitis, breathing problems and possible pneumonia...

Your average flu, really.

I highly doubt you have it, but even if you just have an average flu, go to your doc.

The symptoms of bird flu (Avian influenza) are

Sore throat

Cough

Fever

Pneumonia

Respiratory distress

Respiratory failure

Life threatening complications

The symptoms of bird flu can depend on which virus caused the infection. If you have flu like symptoms the chances of you having Bird flu are very very very very small. Bird flu is a virus that primarily affects birds. Humans have caught the disease but only in a few very rare cases in the Far East and in Turkey. All people who have caught bird flu had close contact with infected birds.

Like others have said, the chances of you catching bird flu are extremely small to start off with, let alone catching the deadly H5N1 strand. Plus the fact that you live on a pretty much isolated continent on the other side of the world, I think you would be safe. :yes:

I'm really worried anyway cuz I live in Hawai'i where potential Asian BF carriers could come and start infecting us or something....

we'll be the first state to get it, I think.

I doubt your at any risk Quarah. The risk of getting it isn't very high.

The whole Bird Flu was yet another hyped up scare story. As yet I do not think anyone in Western Europe has even got sick from it, and the media acts likes its the end of the world and huge amount of taxpayers money which get's wasted on it by government health agencies trying to look like they are in control.

Remember SARS was meant to kill us all...flesh eating disease...Nile River Fever...AIDS to wipe out 70% of the USA and Europe...

^

Western Europe has even got sick from it, and the media acts likes its the end of the world and huge amount of taxpayers money which get's wasted on it by government health agencies trying to look like they are in control.

:huh:

Paradox.

No one in Western Europe has gotten sick from it because of the 'huge amount of taxpayers money which get's wasted'.

They are taking precautions in case of the event that human-to-human transmissions begin taking place and the threat is very real. If nothing was done and this turned in to a pandemic, you'd probably then be complaining about the fact that nothing was done.

BIRD FLU! o my god its starting to spread human to human transmission

THIS IS BAD FOLKS :no:

As far as I know that was a hoax, this link says the H5N1 strand which killed the two children yesterday hasn't mutated.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,198094,00.html