Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Oklahoma Cryptids

jedi_yarael_poof

Anybody ever hear of the "Deer Woman?"

Female deer? :rolleyes:

Winganon Swamp Monster, that supposedly breaks the tops of and tears fence posts out of the ground, and actual police officers reported what they call "orcs" in the Chelsea cemetery, about three feet tall, dark figures that move around among the tombstones - supposedly the police won't go into the place alone on foot without two or more people, or being in their car. Lizardman (hangs out in a cemetery near Stillwater).

Got any info in more detail? Google doesn't provide much.

Got any info in more detail? Google doesn't provide much.

I'm afraid not, this is all direct word-of-mouth, among townsfolk, family and friends, from lifelong residence and being in the right place at the right time, being in good with some local authorities, etc. Very specific and obscure local "atmosphere" for the area - those "my friend's sister said when she was little, she saw..." stories. I've talked to a couple of people who claimed to have seen a few things over the years, one who found fence posts freshly broken off, and knew a group of locals that for some reason the cops were cool with them hanging out and shooting the breeze, regarding the "orcs" - but what I've told you is pretty much all that's known, as far as I know.

I'm afraid not, this is all direct word-of-mouth, among townsfolk, family and friends, from lifelong residence and being in the right place at the right time, being in good with some local authorities, etc. Very specific and obscure local "atmosphere" for the area - those "my friend's sister said when she was little, she saw..." stories. I've talked to a couple of people who claimed to have seen a few things over the years, one who found fence posts freshly broken off, and knew a group of locals that for some reason the cops were cool with them hanging out and shooting the breeze, regarding the "orcs" - but what I've told you is pretty much all that's known, as far as I know.

Ah, that's a shame. I've been tracking reputable Lizardman/Frogman sightings for several months now; and a few in Oklahoma would be quite interesting to log and study. If you do happen to come across any good info, please do let me know.

I've heard of an Octopus-Like creature inhabiting the waters of Oklahoma that has cause many unexplained drownings. That's about it.

Yes I just came across that recently, and find it quite suspicious I have never heard anything about it, all the time I've lived here, from all my friends and family, for over thirty years, who've been all over the US, including Oklahoma. Just saying...

• 4 months later...

I've got a story on the oklahoma octopus. ^_^

One day, near a large lake in oklahoma, a boy was going out to far into the water. His mom told him to come back, but he couldn't here her. Suddenly, the boy screamed,, and shouted that something was pulling him under. A life guard came to save him, but it was too late. He was drowned. The culprit was an octopus the size of a horse.

http://animal.discovery.com/tv/lost-tapes/oklahoma-octopus/

Check this place out for more on that.

Edited by Wafflepal

I've got a story on the oklahoma octopus. ^_^

One day, near a large lake in oklahoma, a boy was going out to far into the water. His mom told him to come back, but he couldn't here her. Suddenly, the boy screamed,, and shouted that something was pulling him under. A life guard came to save him, but it was too late. He was drowned. The culprit was an octopus the size of a horse.

http://animal.discovery.com/tv/lost-tapes/oklahoma-octopus/

Check this place out for more on that.

how can an octopus live in lakes that are man-made (or any freshwater lakes, for that matter)? and how can native american legends refer to something that lives in lakes that are only about 60 years old? i smell something fishy (hehe)

Yeah. As I mentioned earlier in the thread, when people talk about the Oklahoma Octopus, they never mention how the lake it's supposed to live in is less than sixty years old, was totally manmade, and as far as I know, isn't connected to any other rivers to allow something in. :P

Yeah. As I mentioned earlier in the thread, when people talk about the Oklahoma Octopus, they never mention how the lake it's supposed to live in is less than sixty years old, was totally manmade, and as far as I know, isn't connected to any other rivers to allow something in. :P

oops. didn't read the read of the thread, because i thought it a case of necroposting (the first post was from a long time back). i agree, this whole oklahoma octopus is a very unbelievable story.

It's less likely than the Loch Ness Monster - and from me, that's saying something. XD

how can an octopus live in lakes that are man-made (or any freshwater lakes, for that matter)? and how can native american legends refer to something that lives in lakes that are only about 60 years old? i smell something fishy (hehe)

Not that I think it's a very believable scenario; but just to put this out there:

Stupid person buys small pet octopus, doesn't like it, releases in the lake. Octopus somehow survives in lake, grows, someone sees a tentacle, panic ensues.

Not that I think it's a very believable scenario; but just to put this out there:

Stupid person buys small pet octopus, doesn't like it, releases in the lake. Octopus somehow survives in lake, grows, someone sees a tentacle, panic ensues.

IF an octopus came to live in a lake, then this is a plausible scenario. but octopus cannot survive in freshwater. they even avoid brackish water if possible. i think if one were to be released into a lake, it would be belly-up in a matter of hours. the catch is, there is supposed to be a tie-in to native american legends regarding this oklahoma octopus, but how can this be if the lakes where it's supposedly seen are no older than 60 years old? all of it just doesn't make sense to me.

• 4 months later...

I've read in the newspapers of bigfoot sightings, and I found a reference in a book about strange occurrences in Oklahoma to some sightings of a sort of deer-like Canid.

Now that is interresting... I live in Quebec, Port-Cartier on the north shore to be exact. I've seen an animal that the words "deer-like canid" would describe it at its best. It was like a huge all-white dog with a deer-like head with no antlers. And yes, with the same big black eyes (just like a horse, for a better reference). The best part? One of my friend also seen this "beast". He did describe it perfectly. Another guy says he went to his chalet and saw it too. We can't be sure of what it is really, but we can be sure of what it isn't! Not a bear, not a wolf, not a caribou or deer, not a lynx and certainly not a moose... and it's about the only big mammals that are in our woods!

Edited by Eklezys

Now that is interresting... I live in Quebec, Port-Cartier on the north shore to be exact. I've seen an animal that the words "deer-like canid" would describe it at its best. It was like a huge all-white dog with a deer-like head with no antlers. And yes, with the same big black eyes (just like a horse, for a better reference). The best part? One of my friend also seen this "beast". He did describe it perfectly. Another guy says he went to his chalet and saw it too. We can't be sure of what it is really, but we can be sure of what it isn't! Not a bear, not a wolf, not a caribou or deer, not a lynx and certainly not a moose... and it's about the only big mammals that are in our woods!

Hi Eklezys, nice post, very interesting story. I like the expression "deer-like canid" although I have a vegetarian version of what the large mammal could be
, yes, an evolved cousin of the rock hyrax. Here's a classic video of the Dartmoor Beast, which is also reputed to have a strange agile gait

post-94765-035653900 1282730667_thumb.jp

post-94765-007614000 1282730722_thumb.jp

Edited by Smugfish

I have a friend over there in oklahoma, he has told me about this deer like thing before too. Says sightings are relatively common where he's from.

About the Oklahoma Octopus. We all know Octopuses can squeeze through the smallest things. Maybe it's a species of Octopus that can survive in freshwater and it could have made tunnels connected to the ocean or cracks down in the lake that links to the ocean. Very unlikely though but that's just a theory.

• 2 years later...

i have gone on several oklahoma investigatione for the nature man in cache oklahoma they all turned up somthing i alson looked for

the oklahoma octopus and found got a thermal that was convinceing so thats it

i have gone on several oklahoma investigatione for the nature man in cache oklahoma they all turned up somthing i alson looked for

The "nature man"? Who is he, and how much did he charge for you to tag along on investigations?

A thermal of an octopus? You do know they are coldblooded right? Then again we are talking about a magic octopus so anything is possible.

Do you have a convincing thermal image? Can we see it?

• 7 years later...

When I was about 11-12 years old me and my brother (which is exactly a year older than me) was playing outside, while playing I looked across the road to a pasture and seen this figure, kind of doing a hop/skip going from one side of the pasture to the other, at the same time my brother noticed me and looked as well and the figure slowed down and looked at us but it didn’t come to a stop. I remember that the legs were backwards at the knees, from the waist down it had this short shaggy type of white/grey hair, from the waist up the body sorta like a mans torso had hair but not as long as the legs. The arms were long and the head was of a goat like a baphomet with horns. Imagine a goat standing on its hind legs but with a mans torso and a goats head. That’s what we seen.  Now I never told anyone about this and neither did my brother we just ran to the house and stayed in our bedroom. I was absolutely certain that we seen something not possible but never said anything because that’s not a normal thing to bring up or to see. and I did try to google what I’d seen but I couldn’t find anything for Oklahoma just the same description just in a different state or states. And no I never did see this sort of thing on tv or the internet before the encounter so my story is completely off of what we’d seen. 

About 7 or maybe 9 years pass and I’m with my friends in their pasture about 30 miles away from where I lived and seen the encounter with my brother. It was the first night of summer break, there was about 5 of us all and we was camping in his pasture. Hours pass and what not drinking and having a good time, when my friends cousin goes to go back to the house (about a 5 minute walk) when my friend in a jokingly tone turns to him and tells him to watch out for the goatman. I freeze in my tracks and tell him to tell me this story (obviously the word goatman resembles what me and my brother had seen) he told me that his cousin had gone out to the pasture one night with a flashlight because the cows were acting weird and being a little louder especially for it to be at night. (Now this pasture is kind of like a car junkyard at the same, my friends grandpa has allot of old rusty cars everywhere) back to the story, he was going out and checking the cattle, when this thing jumped up on the hood a old car hood and started jumping up and down on the hood in a half crouched position, I’m assuming the “goatman” did this to intimidate him to get him to leave. Now that was his story and after he finished I told him I have a story but first I wanted him to describe what it looked like to me first and he did and everything matched my description. And so on I told my story and that I thought it was crazy that my brother, his cousin, and I had seen the same thing and that I’d never brought this up to anyone. Ever. Especially since we lived that far apart for it to be seen 30 miles or so away from my place to his. 

by the way this all happened in the foyil/seqouyah area of Claremore, Oklahoma.