Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Feedlot

Sherapy

"Now the stores are strting to post signs 10 years later and i bet there will be a warning label on the carton just as with cigarettes"

Wouldn't it be great? OH MAN! The bragging priveleges I could have. I'd shove it in my friends faces for AT LEAST a year!!! Just to spite the jerks. ;)

Anyway, I wrote this somewhere else... But they are doing tests to see if cows milk actually can cause or help cause osteoperosis (sp?)..

The same problem the milk industry has been saying it helps to prevent.

interesting, if nothing else. I can't want to see what happens 10 years down the line.

People use to think that cigarettes didn't cause cancer, one day maybe there will be an anti-meat movement, and people will see the truth that I've been researching for so long.

Scratch there are some of that feel that meat and dairy are the new tabacco.....We need a civil rights movement for our health now........

Geri it infuriates me how Industry lies covers up and they market kids like Robbie and maybe I'm just an optimist, and all humanity are my brothers and sisters and I was robbie once too and i didn't listen either fear gets ahold of you, He's a kid geri and and its not right to outright lie and mislead simple as that.....

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beckys_Mom

• Sherapy

• frogfish

• Idriss

Scratch there are some of that feel that meat and dairy are the new tabacco.....

They're called Trial Lawyers... follow the money...

I was like a Sheri once too. A long time ago.

And I see a wolrd where in 80 years, and nobody smokes, and the unintended concequences rear their ugly heads, that it will be found... the benifits of smoking.

I just don't know what to make of the hundreds and hundreds of cows I have to go through every month, out in the boondox on my way to the natural gas leases. The grasses that they eat (and wires on my solar panels)... the ranchers I talk to, and how they care/love almost to the point of inappropriateness their livestock. 15 mile stretch I have to drive 5 mph, the guy that yelled at me for driving through some cattle... he wants me to get out of the truck and shoo them rather than creep through in the truck... stupid cows.

What is the spirituality/morality of a cow?

Edit: forgot to make "rancher" plural... I talk to quite a few of them... I work with one of the top dogs of the national wool an mohair club, can't think of the name right now and she's out of office...

Edited by Celumnaz

Sheri - You're getting carried away hun

The main problem with eating the meat of animals fed biproducts, growth horomones, antibiotics, etc is that when we eat them, it effects us the same way. These animals are not necessarily sick, because they are pumped full of the antibiotics, but they are FAR from healthy. They aren't diseased however..

Possibly canada has much better standards then we do......I agree throw in antibiotics and all the other stuff and meat isn't the great source of protien that its touted.....

I deepy apologize to all the animal lovers at are about to read this:

Scratch the truth is a animal that is feed grain isn't gonna have any measure of health after about 150 days, their systems can't handle it, the first thing that happens is they bloat remember the rumen i mentioned , the corn produces a horrendous amount of gas in the rumen which would normally be released through belching by runminatioin, but there diets contain way too much starch and not enough roughage and the rumen inflates like a balloon and a foamy slime forms and that traps the gas until it presses against the animals lungs, unless action is taken immediatlely the animal will suffocate, (the action usually taken is a hose forced down the animals esophogas to release the gas....)

also a concentrated diet of corn can give an animal acidosis, a cows rumen is neutral unlike ours which is acid , corn is acidic and it creates a kind of heartburn that can kill the animal, but it ususally makes them sick ..Acidotic animals go off their feed, pant and salivate excessively, paw and scratch their bellies and eat dirt..This often leads to diarreah, ulcers, bloat, rumentitis,liver disease, and general weaking of the immune sytem that leaves the animal at peril for a myriad of feedlot disease such as pneumonia, coccidiosis, enterotoxemia, feedlot polio...Just like humans animals are susceptatble to all sorts of disease too.....more often than not this diet blows out there livers, over time the acid eats throught he rumen wall and the bacterias enter the animals blood stream, these microbes end up in the liver which impairs the livers funtions...So you see scratch antiobiotics are needed for some semblence of kindness to these animals.....I wish i was getting carried away :cry::cry: We may define diseased differently......

They're called Trial Lawyers... follow the money...

I was like a Sheri once too. A long time ago.

And I see a wolrd where in 80 years, and nobody smokes, and the unintended concequences rear their ugly heads, that it will be found... the benifits of smoking.

I just don't know what to make of the hundreds and hundreds of cows I have to go through every month, out in the boondox on my way to the natural gas leases. The grasses that they eat (and wires on my solar panels)... the ranchers I talk to, and how they care/love almost to the point of inappropriateness their livestock. 15 mile stretch I have to drive 5 mph, the guy that yelled at me for driving through some cattle... he wants me to get out of the truck and shoo them rather than creep through in the truck... stupid cows.

What is the spirituality/morality of a cow?

Edit: forgot to make "rancher" plural... I talk to quite a few of them... I work with one of the top dogs of the national wool an mohair club, can't think of the name right now and she's out of office...

Celum i am speaking of FEEDLOT animals which supplies the most meat, there are only so many huge corporations a handfull that run the show......ALL animals dine on grass for a short time, in preperation for feedlot...not to say there aren't some ranchers left ...As i said we all want to buy a really good story, its comfroting...... half of the Us's dairy comes from idaho from "organic horizions" which is the microsoft of milk anyone from idaho????It milks several thousands of cows thousands, you would need at a least an acre of grass per animal and more hours iin a day to move these cows all the way to these distant acres and then back again to the milking parlor every morning and evening..the truth is they are walking around on dirt feedlots eating corn being milked three times a day being monitiered becasue they arent' using antibiotics...cows only need this sort of survelliance that arent' given antibiotics.....anyone live near or use a whole foods next time look at the beautiful pictures of their cows they even name them but its feedlot......

Scratch there are some of that feel that meat and dairy are the new tabacco.....We need a civil rights movement for our health now........

Geri it infuriates me how Industry lies covers up and they market kids like Robbie and maybe I'm just an optimist, and all humanity are my brothers and sisters and I was robbie once too and i didn't listen either fear gets ahold of you, He's a kid geri and and its not right to outright lie and mislead simple as that.....

OKay Sheri...but it's much easier to debate with someone who is actually going to pay attention and hear you out..without calling you a .......what was it again??? Ohh yes...a hippie!! :blink:

OKay Sheri...but it's much easier to debate with someone who is actually going to pay attention and hear you out..without calling you a .......what was it again??? Ohh yes...a hippie!! :blink:

I agree, no tree hugger, protien deficient, vegan propagandist lol but come on that justs shows ones ignorance........with the exception of you and a few other resepctful ones that often dosen't cross my path on this thread....... :D I'm honored to be called a hippie i actually wish I had been around during those days.....My favorite uncle and his then live in girl (in the days of you don't do that) I loved them and learned so much from them.......thankyou for caring about me friend....... :wub: .

I agree, no tree hugger, protien deficient, vegan propagandist lol but come on that justs shows ones ignorance........with the exception of you and a few other resepctful ones that often dosen't cross my path on this thread....... :D I'm honored to be called a hippie i actually wish I had been around during those days.....My favorite uncle and his then live in girl (in the days of you don't do that) I loved them and learned so much from them.......thankyou for caring about me friend....... :wub: .

I was saying it, because you are intelligent..and when you spend your free time debating with a person who has no idea what you are talking about, and couldn't care less to listen to you..even though you have read his/her side of things and fed your own opinions...you may as well talk to a brick wall....there are other meat loving folks on here who will debate with you and be smart about it...but you get that one person that wont ;):wub: and yes of course I care lol

The only problem i have sometimes with your posts Sherri Berri is that you can get quite edgy and titchy if someone disagrees with you. i have noticed this with some of your previous posts you have stated that we are all wrong and what you are saying is completly right etc etc (and i'm not the only one who agrees with this) no hard feelings just thought id tell you the truth on what i thought :tu:

no but sit there there and make it soudn like all the famers in the entire world got together one day except for the ones in argentina to make evil cow meat that will give eveyone cancer. there are definalty places you can get grass raised cattle from in the U.S.

no but sit there there and make it soudn like all the famers in the entire world got together one day except for the ones in argentina to make evil cow meat that will give eveyone cancer. there are definalty places you can get grass raised cattle from in the U.S.

OMG we better watch out! :devil: lol

ALL the cows here are Grass raised so that's a load of BS

Edited by Kahrie

The only problem i have sometimes with your posts Sherri Berri is that you can get quite edgy and titchy if someone disagrees with you. i have noticed this with some of your previous posts you have stated that we are all wrong and what you are saying is completly right etc etc (and i'm not the only one who agrees with this) no hard feelings just thought id tell you the truth on what i thought :tu:

kahrie I'm not concerned with a bunch of opinions of me, I'm not into the herd peer pressure mentality..... what would it based on how well you jnow me or how often we hang out ha hahahahah ???? What ever tithy or edgy ness you percieve has nothing to do with me thats what you think...I put out information, its up to you or anyone else what they chose to beleive or not..... :D

karhie I'm not offended by YOUR opinnon, I don't need you or anyone else to 'get me''''lol :D we are talking serious issues here i'm interested in that .........so far i've heard this is bull sh** about 2 or three times???? I'm totatly interested in your findings its not a debate that you saw a cow grazing, do you have a link any other info...all cows graze for a time before they go to a feed lot .......this is a serious subject to me thats waht I'm interested in the care of animals and if they are mistreated in any way I want to know about it, its not okay and thats that.......

Edited by Sheri berri

Do you read what you have posted? See you haven't paid attention, it was ME that stated about too much (key words there too much) red meat can cause cancer and it was ME that provided the links....guess what? you didn't care to look at any expert advice shown, and yet when it suits you , there you go and create threads with info posted on line about ADHD, so you pick and choose what you want to believe and others to read up on at your own desire, and you haven't the nerve to go out and ask your own doctor if there are any health risks in eating too much read meat...so you don't have a leg to stand on Edited by Beckys_Mom

To learn more fascinating info about Robbieb's state of mind....just see my quote. I stole it from him, not wanting America to ever be unsure of his state of mind...

To learn more fascinating info about Robbieb's state of mind....just see my quote. I stole it from him, not wanting America to ever be unsure of his state of mind...

I know I saw that LOL...it's hard to understand him when he types most of his words in text speak, which UM does not allow :blink:

Meat still tastes good...so I eat it :tu: Plus, its cows...Other animals...presumably animals that are endangered, I would have a problem with.

Plus, I catch a lot of the meat I eat...Mmmmmmmm fish.

Meat still tastes good...so I eat it :tu: Plus, its cows...Other animals...presumably animals that are endangered, I would have a problem with.

Plus, I catch a lot of the meat I eat...Mmmmmmmm fish.

Could you tell us more on how you catch your own meat? :)

Fishing, BM :tu:

Noo LOL I know you love to go fishing...I was talking about your own kill....by reading it, I figured you went hunting too??? :unsure2: So I was wondering where you went, what you like to hunt ect...Its when you mentioned your own kill and meat in the same sentence...it threw me off. A lot will say fish is not meat and then there are those that will say it is..

LOL, I meant fishing.

:P A born fisherman...if you catch any good salmon...send it this way LOL...In fact if you have caught any large salmon...show the pics I for one would like to see them

Fish is very yummy!!! Now you guys have gone and done it!! I'm starving! :)

Awsome Frog fish...you could earn a good living catching fish and selling thenm to markets..I am serious... :yes:

Ohh how I would love some smoked salmon right now :P

I love meat and fish...but I am weird, I'll eat it..but I couldnt bare to watch an animal being killed or a fish being gutted out ewwww...I am a lil squeamish LOL but I will eat the meat and fish..I just dont think about how they got to be on my plate :P:ph34r:

Edited by Beckys_Mom

Awsome Frog fish...you could earn a good living catching fish and selling thenm to markets..I am serious...

I think I would earn more being a proffessional B.A.S.S Elite Series angler :)

Awsome Frog fish...you could earn a good living catching fish and selling thenm to markets..I am serious...

I think I would earn more being a proffessional B.A.S.S Elite Series angler :)