Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Apes stoned on drugs became modern man

UM-Bot

Thank you, Reincarnated, that was very informative.

Kaknelson was it necessary to quote both those huge posts to make one little comment. Some of us are still on dialup, you know.

First, yeah is was...erowid.org is a chill site about not only plants and drugs but mind & spirit, freedom & law, and arts & culture. Second, that was such a right on question. :tu:

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kaknelson

• Reincarnated

• IronGhost

• Bearly

Thank you, Reincarnated, that was very informative.

Kaknelson was it necessary to quote both those huge posts to make one little comment. Some of us are still on dialup, you know.

Sorry man, i just had to do it. :blush:

EDIT: I appologize about your connections, sometimes it does slip my mind. It just amuzed me how much time and effort one can put into posting about mushrooms. :P

Edited by Kaknelson

Sorry man, i just had to do it.

EDIT: I appologize about your connections, sometimes it does slip my mind. It just amuzed me how much time and effort one can put into posting about mushrooms.

yes sir, it took a lot of sleepless nights to obtain that information and post it :tu:

yes sir, it took a lot of sleepless nights to obtain that information and post it :tu:

LOL. OK LETS DROP IT!

The fact is, IMO, we didn't evolve as this post suggests. Nevertheless, i have heard this before, and could be possible, i mean ANYTHING is almost a possibility.

The diversity of UM is awsome, some believe that Aliens created us, some say God, some say its a big conspiracy, a multiuniverse, some say BIG BANG, some agree with this theory!

Moreover, we are all human and this is what connects us all. We all came from the same place.

That's the magic and beautifulness of this site, the diversity.

This site and all people inside it KICK ASS!

IMO of course. :D

Edited by Kaknelson

^fine example of an uneducated ignorant post that we see here too often. i'm not going waste my time arguing, trying to prove a point, or doing research for you so why don't you study up on the subject some more yourself and maybe it won't sound like an idiotic attempt to justify a drug habit. :tu:

Oh man, I love that post.

LOL. OK LETS DROP IT!

The fact is, IMO, we didn't evolve as this post suggests. Nevertheless, i have heard this before, and could be possible, i mean ANYTHING is almost a possibility.

The diversity of UM is awsome, some believe that Aliens created us, some say God, some say its a big conspiracy, a multiuniverse, some say BIG BANG, some agree with this theory!

Moreover, we are all human and this is what connects us all. We all came from the same place.

all this theory is stating is that mushrooms had a big part in the development of the human mind and our species. they are not soley responsible for us evolving to what we are today but they helped. the ancient tribes, ceremonies and paintings are proof. why is it so hard for you to believe? you were just talking about how UM is great because of its diversity but your claiming your opinion is fact when there is clear evidence otherwise.
Oh man, I love that post.
i could tell no one bothered investigating this theory any further so i thought i'd just go ahead and post some info anyways. <_< Edited by Reincarnated

all this theory is stating is that mushrooms had a big part in the development of the human mind and our species. they are not soley responsible for us evolving to what we are today but they helped. the ancient tribes, ceremonies and paintings are proof. why is it so hard for you to believe? you were just talking about how UM is great because of its diversity but your claiming your opinion is fact when there is clear evidence otherwise.

Just becuase i disagree with this post does not make it invalid. You seem to think that your ideas are more accurate than mine. i dont think that mine are more accurate than yours, thats what differs in humanity, there is not 2 people in this world who have the EXACT same beliefs. Moreover, it isn't hard for me to believe, i just don't consider doing mushrooms the key stone in human developement.

Just becuase i disagree with this post does not make it invalid. You seem to think that your ideas are more accurate than mine. i dont think that mine are more accurate than yours, thats what differs in humanity, there is not 2 people in this world who have the EXACT same beliefs. Moreover, it isn't hard for me to believe, i just don't consider doing mushrooms the key stone in human developement.

Curious here...what else do you think was the key stone in human development? Fire? Yeah, fire was a giant leap in terms of the evolution of early man, but that doesn't explain the rapid evolution of early-man's mind. Heck, another theory would be fire was created by man after making music with 2 stones while tripping. Key stones. :P I would say mushrooms are still the preferred key stone ;) , though hoffman would say lsd, but I'm ignorant to the effects of acid. Nice post btw, Reincarnated.

About what you were saying about where people think we came from, you were talking about aliens, big bang, god....creation is different from evolution. Evolution is a reaction, though humans today can observe our evolution and have the capacity to consciously affect our own evolution and future though so many of us don't see this or choose to. I agree not everybody sees things the same way, which is good in ways, but the evidence of pre-man's use makes this theory credible and impossible to disprove unless you just "believe" aliens implanted something in our heads without any evidence, or man's evolution was chosen by god, or whatever. Not that I doubt the probable possibility of the existence of god or aliens though.

So what else in your mind was the "key stone" as you put it (which I like as mushrooms are stoney and a key to higher being), was the main contributer to human's psyche?

Curious here...what else do you think was the key stone in human development? Fire? Yeah, fire was a giant leap in terms of the evolution of early man, but that doesn't explain the rapid evolution of early-man's mind. Heck, another theory would be fire was created by man after making music with 2 stones while tripping. Key stones. :P I would say mushrooms are still the preferred key stone ;) , though hoffman would say lsd, but I'm ignorant to the effects of acid. Nice post btw, Reincarnated.

About what you were saying about where people think we came from, you were talking about aliens, big bang, god....creation is different from evolution. Evolution is a reaction, though humans today can observe our evolution and have the capacity to consciously affect our own evolution and future though so many of us don't see this or choose to. I agree not everybody sees things the same way, which is good in ways, but the evidence of pre-man's use makes this theory credible and impossible to disprove unless you just "believe" aliens implanted something in our heads without any evidence, or man's evolution was chosen by god, or whatever. Not that I doubt the probable possibility of the existence of god or aliens though.

So what else in your mind was the "key stone" as you put it (which I like as mushrooms are stoney and a key to higher being), was the main contributer to human's psyche?

Fire, drawing and painting, hunting, fishing, medicinal herbs of all types. I don't sloley think mushrooms were the main ingredient to human growth.

God's word was also a big step in human growth, reasearch: Enoch the ethipian.

- - the first to write divine word.

Fire, drawing and painting, hunting, fishing, medicinal herbs of all types. I don't sloley think mushrooms were the main ingredient to human growth.

God's word was also a big step in human growth, reasearch: Enoch the ethipian.

- - the first to write divine word.

Remember that a paticular role for mushrooms is very great. For example, there are many cave paintings and ancient carvings depicting human beings with mushroom heads, dancing and doing sacred activities. Certainly, very intense mushroom cults did exist.

Also, remember the long tradition of shamanism associated with mushrooms. There is a very compelling chain of causation when once examines the archaeological and historic record.

A greater role of consciousness expansion exists for shrooms than any other substance.

Edited by IronGhost

^fine example of an uneducated ignorant post that we see here too often. i'm not going waste my time arguing, trying to prove a point, or doing research for you so why don't you study up on the subject some more yourself and maybe it won't sound like an idiotic attempt to justify a drug habit. thumbsup.gif

A fine example how another wannabe scientist with an inclination towards mushrooms tries to appear harsh because he thinks he knows better. Of course you wont waste any time to explain this because you dont have one to begin with. So take your baboon manners some place else, because clearly name calling and pasting junk about mushrooms from the internet is all the education you will ever get.

A fine example how another wannabe scientist with an inclination towards mushrooms tries to appear harsh because he thinks he knows better. Of course you wont waste any time to explain this because you dont have one to begin with. So take your baboon manners some place else, because clearly name calling and pasting junk about mushrooms from the internet is all the education you will ever get.
don't get mad, get gladuser posted image

I think it's a rather plausible theory, ingesting psychotropic substances could have had a pretty significant effect on our ability to expand our conscience. Whether it was the thing that finally got us over the hump remains to be seen.

I finally got to use psychotropic. :D

I think it's a rather plausible theory, ingesting psychotropic substances could have had a pretty significant effect on our ability to expand our conscience. Whether it was the thing that finally got us over the hump remains to be seen.

I finally got to use psychotropic. :D

Ah, the wonderful world of science. You can get away with anything if you use scientific terms :yes:

One thing is for certain, right or wrong, they put a different perspective on things. That much can't be argued.

LOL. OK LETS DROP IT!

I like your outlook Kaknelson :tu: So many people are trying to prove that their way of seeing things is the only right way. Diversity is what's great about life. Otherwise it would be :sleepy:

Remember that a paticular role for mushrooms is very great. For example, there are many cave paintings and ancient carvings depicting human beings with mushroom heads, dancing and doing sacred activities. Certainly, very intense mushroom cults did exist.

Also, remember the long tradition of shamanism associated with mushrooms. There is a very compelling chain of causation when once examines the archaeological and historic record.

A greater role of consciousness expansion exists for shrooms than any other substance.

This maybe true for some cultures i agree.

But some cultures, such as natives did peyote, and Shamanism is more associated with Ayahuasca. These are old traditions for them.

LOL. :rolleyes: oh no.

I like your outlook Kaknelson :tu: So many people are trying to prove that their way of seeing things is the only right way. Diversity is what's great about life. Otherwise it would be :sleepy:

Thanks, yes yes i agree. :)

don't get mad, get glad

I can see how mushrooms help you face everyday life..... :)

Okay, lets do some shrooms so we can evolve MORE! MWAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!! Hmm.. I bet that Jesus was a drug lord(the most powerful druglord). He took people to heaven and sent them to hell(bad trip) with his drugs. This could explain alot...(hmm)

Okay, lets do some shrooms so we can evolve MORE! MWAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!! Hmm.. I bet that Jesus was a drug lord(the most powerful druglord). He took people to heaven and sent them to hell(bad trip) with his drugs. This could explain alot...(hmm)

^_^

I've read a book to this effect, that jeuss was on shrooms all the time, it was actually a pretty good read