Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Health addicts

Beckys_Mom

Dont get me wrong, it's good to look after yourself, as long as you eat right...

But I am not going to sit here telling everyone to stop eating meat...it's good to eat a lil meat....as long as you exercise now and then....but what about the health addicts that over do it??

The ones that eat all the weird stuff that they can't even pronounce, but eat and drink it anyway? (not trying to be funny)

And they exercise every day, running/jogging...lifting weights, sweating by the bucket load...and keep eating moere and more veg and their funny lil herbal food....sounds ok...but then you hear of some of these people all of a sudden drop dead....WHY?? Cuz they OVER DO IT....if you don't believe me google it

I have heard over and over again ...in fact I have lost count, on how many people who where health fanitics all their lives and some have dropped dead at an early age of 21 onwards...by over doing it...their heart couldn't keep up...so in a way its every bit as harmful as stuffing your face all day with junk and smoking...but ironically a lot of the junk food people tend to out live the health fanatics...not too many but some do

My grandfather..in his mid 80's...smokes like a train, eats meat and has to be dropped off at his local bar almost every day...how that man is still alive and kicking is beyond me...but then you hear of some poor od thought he was doing the right thing..big health fanatic and exercised a lot..and bam he is pushing up the daisys ....

My point here is...its good to eat healthy and exercise..but don't over do it and gee if you allow yourself a happy medium balance and take the odd peice of junk food once in a while and slowed down a lil on the exercise...maybe you would remain healthy and live a lot longer

I have a great aunt..I have told a few of you about her and posted pics of her celebrating her 100th birthday...she is now 103 yrs old and will be 104 this Sept..and she is still alive and kicking and has her wits about her....

She has ate meat and veg all her life....she cooked us great roast dinners and knew how to make a great christmas dinner.....when she was fit...she went for walks a couple times a week...but she NEVER over did it...she kept a happy balance and look at her now still with us (thank goodness) and happy to be alive...she also ran her own bakery...and she only became weak and needed help at the age of 97...not bad going huh.. :D

So don't over do it...no harm in a lil meat now and then...even the odd bit of junk food is okay as long as you are moderate ...but the health fanatics..man you guys need to slow way down..you might not believe me but don't doubt me, you dont know whats around the corner....one min there you are out jogging feeling good then thats it you are no longer around...it can happen and has happened

So...before you health crazy folk here take a pop at me for this...well to be fair...you guys have taken a pop at the meat eaters giving advice....its only fair for a meat eater to give a lil advice huh?? :D

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beckys_Mom

• kaknelson

• Marvy

• Raptor

geri i came to the vegan diet becasiue of bad health, the grandparents didn't eat the fast food we do the food supply wasn't as bad and the amount of added chemicals in smokes is way more than it was when your grandparents were young..there water supply wasn't bad and the air they breathed wasn't as bad....I've seen a decline in health about the last 20 years......rapidly...i can't speak for anyone else but where i am the air quality was bad California established the clean air act had to in the 50's my relatives tell me it was bad....I truly see no harm in occassional meat if you are able to handle it, i'm not I never could digest meat, I may never have had good quality meat .....I have (had) as long as i stay vegan) asthma, so dairy is out luckily i don't like it...for many we are riddled in allergys from pesticides as a people we are trying to stop the practivces that are leading to this now health issue....but in my state its rough i live in the basin of La the crap that goes in the air can't get blown away so we have to use care.....they have taken most sports or PE classes out of the schools kids aren't out in the fresh air like we were as kids ..I'm one of the biggest pains on here but for me there is no occassional junk food, my body can't handle it, I smoked for years it wore down my body too. what I wouldn't give to have had parents that told me not ot do it (they didn't know)I became what I did to myself....So my message is care for yourself don't be a fool like I was it catches up in most by there 30's now........Gone are the stuff our forefathers enjoyed ...Health is one thing you can't play with......

Edited by Sheri berri

In my day...we as kids..we LOVED the fresh air...there was no internet or playstations to keep us indoors...if we wanted friends...we went out and found them...played for hours and hours in the feilds...used to build forts LOL I had a big sign outside my fort..that read...No stinky boys allowed!!! :D sigh I miss those days

But Sheri...the point of my thread was going over the top with being a health fanatic can just as easy put you into an early grave...at least look it up on google...do a lil reading on it...you will be surprised the amount of reports that state...the healthy man drops dead on the spot.....

Over doing it even with junk food and not exercising is bad for you..I aint that stupid LOL

All I was trying to say...if you are going to eat meat and junk...its OK...as long as you are moderate...and watch your exercise

If you are going to be a health fanatic...SLOW down...take it easy...no harm in looking after yourself...but dont over do it

In my day...we as kids..we LOVED the fresh air...there was no internet or playstations to keep us indoors...if we wanted friends...we went out and found them...played for hours and hours in the feilds...used to build forts LOL I had a big sign outside my fort..that read...No stinky boys allowed!!! :D sigh I miss those days

But Sheri...the point of my thread was going over the top with being a health fanatic can just as easy put you into an early grave...at least look it up on google...do a lil reading on it...you will be surprised the amount of reports that state...the healthy man drops dead on the spot.....

Over doing it even with junk food and not exercising is bad for you..I aint that stupid LOL

All I was trying to say...if you are going to eat meat and junk...its OK...as long as you are moderate...and watch your exercise

If you are going to be a health fanatic...SLOW down...take it easy...no harm in looking after yourself...but dont over do it

I agree being a health fanatic could kill you if you over do it. the reason being is that your body could be lacking in something and of coarse you wouldn't know it.

My late Greatgrandparents lived to the age of 106 and 105 and ate a good balance of veggies and meat. My grandfather eats meat, and still works on our farm. He is 90.

My late Greatgrandparents lived to the age of 106 and 105 and ate a good balance of veggies and meat. My grandfather eats meat, and still works on our farm. He is 90.

:D WOW thats awsome and yet at the same time proves my point...yes indeed when you eat both meat and veg and fish if you like (cuz fish is good for you) you have a good chance to live longer...than you would if you over did the healthy eating and too much excerise...same if you where a lazy sod, and ate nothing but junk and more junk and drank yourself silly all the time

I agree being a health fanatic could kill you if you over do it. the reason being is that your body could be lacking in something and of coarse you wouldn't know it.

Quite right...glad others are now realizing this :yes:

Another factor is stress. One of my mums friends died when he was in his thirties from a heart attack. He was so over consumed with his diet and excersize, even if he missed one workout, he would throw a fit. All the stress of trying to be perfectly healthy caused him at have a heart attack.

BM, a lot of the people you speak of who 'overdo it' will be the ones who don't know what they're doing. They'll read about some diet on the internet and stick to it 100% in an attempt to be as healthy as possible without realising that they're worse of as they're lacking a large part of the required diet; or they'll pump their body full of sugar and caffeine with different energy drinks and go to the gym benchpress as much as is humanly possible and wreck their heart like you said.

My point being; if you actually know what you're doing, you'll live a long and healthy life. :yes:

BM, a lot of the people you speak of who 'overdo it' will be the ones who don't know what they're doing. They'll read about some diet on the internet and stick to it 100% in an attempt to be as healthy as possible without realising that they're worse of as they're lacking a large part of the required diet; or they'll pump their body full of sugar and caffeine with different energy drinks and go to the gym benchpress as much as is humanly possible and wreck their heart like you said.

My point being; if you actually know what you're doing, you'll live a long and healthy life. :yes:

:yes: Absolutely Raptor..you are right on the money...If they knew what they where doing they would be fine and live longer...but see once a person gets into a routine with diets and exercise...it becomes a habbit..that soon turns into a fanatic lifestyle and the more they get..the more they want and they will keep pushing and pushing and over doing it and they cant help it...kinna like a drug addict...smoker...drinker, gambler ect...they wind up ruining themself and in some cases result to heart attacks :blink:

Another factor is stress. One of my mums friends died when he was in his thirties from a heart attack. He was so over consumed with his diet and excersize, even if he missed one workout, he would throw a fit. All the stress of trying to be perfectly healthy caused him at have a heart attack.

So young..its a shame and sad these tings happen to people that think they are doing the right thing :( ...but its just exactly what i was talking about from the begining....a lot of health fanatic will not believe it though..they might read this and turn a blind eye....pitty!! And yes you are right, trying to push yourself over the top to look good and feel good can cause a lot of stress which is not good

'Fanatics' should be dead anyway ... whoever they are and whatever they do ... :P

'Fanatics' should be dead anyway ... whoever they are and whatever they do ... :P

:blink:..hmm then you must be a clueless fanatic..that cant put brain into action before speaking LOL so what where you saying?? :huh:

If you where kidding..ok then so am I...if you wernt...you need help!!

Edited by Beckys_Mom

I have a great aunt..I have told a few of you about her and posted pics of her celebrating her 100th birthday...she is now 103 yrs old and will be 104 this Sept..and she is still alive and kicking and has her wits about her....

Yes BM. Your right, everything is just good in moderation. You don't need to feast out on chips and pop every day. And then again, you don't need to become vegan to live to be 100.

Everyone differs it seems, stress, as one person said can really be a factor. I saw on tv today how some woman was diagnosed with lung cancer from 30 years of second hand smoke, as a waitress at a diner. Many factors to a long life. BM i agree with you, ya don't need to chose sides, all food is good. right.................? i feel like fruit salad now. :D

Edited by Kaknelson

Yes BM. Your right, everything is just good in moderation. You don't need to feast out on chips and pop every day. And then again, you don't need to become vegan to live to be 100.

Everyone differs it seems, stress, as one person said can really be a factor. I saw on tv today how some woman was diagnosed with lung cancer from 30 years of second hand smoke, as a waitress at a diner. Many factors to a long life. BM i agree with you, ya don't need to chose sides, all food is good. right.................? i feel like fruit salad now. :D

YES...everyone is different..every person's body is different...One guys body can handle a lot of smoking,drinking and meat...and still live past his mid eighties...my grandfather is living proof of that.....then another guy who never smokes...rarely drinks eats veg and fruit all the time and could die in his early 40's....it's weird...thats why its best to balance everything out..eat a lil of everything...dont over do it..and dont be afraid to try out new food...meat, fish and veg..all part of the food chain and if dinosaurs where still here on earth..WE would be part of the food chain too LOL :w00t:

I think the most important thing for a long healthy life is (besides good genetics), a positive mental state and outlook. My uncle still waterskis at 84 and can run circles around his own kids. Why? Because he refuses to stop enjoying life.

I think the most important thing for a long healthy life is (besides good genetics), a positive mental state and outlook. My uncle still waterskis at 84 and can run circles around his own kids. Why? Because he refuses to stop enjoying life.

Great...another fine example...enjoy life...be optimistic :tu:

I agree with Purplos. As kids, we are very active, keeping us in good shape, but since, i've noticed todays youth consumes too much candy. And also eat very unhealthy. I mean, for me i take a couple of vitamins, and thats it. I eat normaly, and get enough exercise with the daily routine. I'm in good health. In fact, i feel great.

I agree with Purplos. As kids, we are very active, keeping us in good shape, but since, i've noticed todays youth consumes too much candy. And also eat very unhealthy. I mean, for me i take a couple of vitamins, and thats it. I eat normaly, and get enough exercise with the daily routine. I'm in good health. In fact, i feel great.

I like it...I agree again...when I was a kid..I had lots of fresh air and ran around a lot...I ate candy..not too much though..but I loved my food..but I spent a lot of my times playing sports and games as a kid..so I burts off anything I ate..I was so healthy..I never had a sick day in school either...now days the playstations and PC's have taken over..and kids (not all) but a lot of them are too busy missing out on the REAL fun out doors..laying up watching tv and playing computer gsmes..getting fatter by the hour...its not nice...

I am going to make sure my lil girl gets lots of fresh air and gets to join in spots and games to keep her busy :D

:blink:..hmm then you must be a clueless fanatic..that cant put brain into action before speaking LOL so what where you saying?? :huh:

If you where kidding..ok then so am I...if you wernt...you need help!!

I'm just being sarcastic but seriously fanaticism in every aspect of life is not good and your thread just prove that...even in things that sounds great (Healthy diet/sport exercise) fanaticism could resulted into something awful.

so yes..let the 'fanaticism and zealotry' dead HA! ^_^

like this thread...every last reply all have been great...no bickering even better.... :D

There will be so many reason to become ill person.. but to become healthy and long live one basic concept is keep your mind happy.. don't play trick with your own mind.. all long live grandma/pa know more about their body and mind.

YES...everyone is different..every person's body is different...One guys body can handle a lot of smoking,drinking and meat...and still live past his mid eighties...my grandfather is living proof of that.....then another guy who never smokes...rarely drinks eats veg and fruit all the time and could die in his early 40's....it's weird...thats why its best to balance everything out..eat a lil of everything...dont over do it..and dont be afraid to try out new food...meat, fish and veg..all part of the food chain and if dinosaurs where still here on earth..WE would be part of the food chain too LOL :w00t:

LOL. very true BM.

I just figure the day I decide to "eat right" and "exorcise" I'll be hit by a car.

I just figure the day I decide to "eat right" and "exorcise" I'll be hit by a car.

That's whats known as - Murphys law OR sods law LOL :D