Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Hogwarts' dragon unveiled

UM-Bot

Paleontology really CANT become a commercial "enterprise..."

Sorry, I've come out of lurk mode for this: how much did that Tyrannosaur skeleton sell for? $4 million?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• frogfish

• rhyknow

• Carey Reagan

• Brian McMalley

I have to agree with Carey on this one, anything can become a commercial enterprise. I mean, look at some of the services people provide these days. Some of them are just ridiculous.

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, I'm probably just BEGGING to be chastised, and I'm really not into dragons, per se.....However, aren't dinosaurs and dragons pretty much the same? I mean they're technically both huge reptiles. And there were other flying reptiles back in the day. Whether or not you really believe that dragons either do or did exist, theoretically, isn't a dragon just a flying dinosaur that may or may not have been able to breathe fire? Yay? Nay? Enlighten me oh dragon experts....

Okay, I'm probably just BEGGING to be chastised, and I'm really not into dragons, per se.....However, aren't dinosaurs and dragons pretty much the same? I mean they're technically both huge reptiles. And there were other flying reptiles back in the day. Whether or not you really believe that dragons either do or did exist, theoretically, isn't a dragon just a flying dinosaur that may or may not have been able to breathe fire? Yay? Nay? Enlighten me oh dragon experts....

There's a big difference... Dragons are fictional :w00t:

Dragons were probably invented to explain the huge bones found in the ground - dinosaur fossils. That dragons sort of resemble some dinosaurs is no surprise.

There's zero evidence of any animal ever breathing fire. The bombadier beetle can make a chemical reaction in an organ and eject a hot spark with a loud pop to startle a predator. That's it.

The bombadier beetle can make a chemical reaction in an organ and eject a hot spark with a loud pop to startle a predator. That's it.

The bombadiers actually ejects "liquid fire"...a burning chemical caused by mixing two chemicals in a chamber. The pistol shrimp can pop its claws, making a pistol like sound while creating a ball of plasma from the superheated water hot enough to kill fish around it.

LOL. Well, I asked to be enlightened, didn't I? Thanks! :tu: