Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

stare at yourself in the mirror

antigravity

Didn't I first encounter you in an H. P. Lovecraft tale? <gggg>

LOL

I tried it now but nothing happened really but i was only looking for about 5 mins so :hmm: but i will have to try it properly at some point.

I tried but after 48 seconds I began to talk to myself

at 1m23s I began to disagree with myself

at 2m7s I flat out began to argue with myself

at 2m51s I began brandishing weapons at myself

at 3m16s I began using them.....

now I have 7 years bad luck....and its all YOUR fault....

I tried but after 48 seconds I began to talk to myself

at 1m23s I began to disagree with myself

at 2m7s I flat out began to argue with myself

at 2m51s I began brandishing weapons at myself

at 3m16s I began using them.....

now I have 7 years bad luck....and its all YOUR fault....

:rofl:

And the ones that are right, know that it's optical illusion.

You're certainly right. But the unanswered question is whether mirror-staring or scrying, like other disassociative procedures such as the Ouija Board or automatic writing, may occasionally reach beyond the purely physiological.

Gee, thanks guys. My house is haunted enough as it is, now I'm scared to look in mirrors.

All I needed. So thanks.

Oh wow, after reading this topic I really have to try this!

Sometimes if I stare at myself in the mirror for a while, I somehow start to realize my own existence and it gets kinda scary... if that already creeps me out I'm not sure how I will survive this experiment :D

Oh wow, after reading this topic I really have to try this!

Sometimes if I stare at myself in the mirror for a while, I somehow start to realize my own existence and it gets kinda scary... if that already creeps me out I'm not sure how I will survive this experiment :D

good luck and if you see something scary tell us

• 2 weeks later...

i did that when i was a kid (around 7 yo) .. its really weird looking at the mirror and I couldn't help but thinking "where do we come from" ... I learn the concept of Christianity god but when i did that I would put the concept that other's give me aside ... at the end I kind of freak out and back to do homework -_-

:no:freeeeaaky! i have been doing that since the moment i was tall enough to see myself :no: , welll dont worry it is not just you whenever i look now in the back of my head i think theres actualy someone staring back, i thought i was the only one :unsure: Edited by JESSEtheMAD

It's fascinating to watch cats adjust to mirrors. The first several times a kitten sees its image it'll try to attack it, as a strange, stray cat attempting to muscle in on the territory. But with the passage of time it will either ignore the image or else use it to preen.

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, if you stare at any object for a certainty amount of time such, example 10 minutes. The object will become blurry or off centered. *notice* "That your eyes and nose are the first to act up." Then once it catches your attention, it goes away.

If you try this while doing something such as makeup, Ipod, Ext....

It will fail. I recommend you focus on the middle of your face, then

wonder off in your mind thinking random thoughts, and tell me what you

notice about you outline, and face.

When I look at mirrors all I see is one hot handsome dude..........

nothing unusual :D

Edit: Look at this Scary Pic, according to them the if you stare at the girl for 5 minutes she moves. Pause it then stare.Enjoy!!!

Edited by Samuronin

I've tried this and I was moving a little but my reflection was just still.

I'm not a big fan of mirrors, but considering there's a huge one by my bed....

D:

Reminds me of the song "Somebody's Watching Me" by Rockwell.

When I come home at night

I bolt the door real tight

People call me on the phone

I'm trying to avoid

But can the people on TV see me

Or am I just paranoid

When I'm in the shower

I'm afraid to wash my hair

'Cause I might open my eyes

And find someone standing there

People say I'm crazy

Just a little touched

But maybe showers remind me

Of Psycho too much

That's why

I always feel like

Somebody's watching me (And I have no privacy, whooooa, oh-oh)

I always feel like

Somebody's watching me (Who's playin' tricks on me)

Have you ever stared at yourself in the mirror for a long time, fixing your eyes on your own without moving, let's say for about 5 to 10 straight minutes? I did this years ago. After a while I started to look very weird and had to look away, probably had something to do with the after-image created from looking for so long super-imposed on my face. Kinda felt like I was tripping or something, never had the guts to try it again. I don't think it's anything paranormal but it sure is strange. Give it a try sometime if you're in the mood and let me know if you get the effect. Maybe it's just me. :unsure:

I don't think I could stick looking at myself for 5 mins straight let alone 10 lol ohh nooo

but I have stared at pictures for several mins and it is a bit freaky..my eyes go wonkey and I think they are looking at me and moving lol

I read this topic long ago and i was drawn back to it

What exactly do you see that freaks you out?

I've always thought of mirrors as an un-natural thing, its not an element that God made, maybe he didn't want us too see ourselves

idk im just rambling

i very rarely look at myself in the mirror.........................................................but the mind is a very poweful tool.....so mess with it....be warned :rolleyes:

I've always thought of mirrors as an un-natural thing, its not an element that God made....

God didn't make reflections and the laws of optics?

Any still pond surface is a mirror. What's unnatural about that?

At my reflection I stared for a rather long while

I was lost in a trance at a face with no smile

Who was this man who did not even speak

Telling his story of an existence so bleak

He made me confused and I wanted to run

But how could I leave before he was done

So I held my breath and I stood even stiller

As I stared into these eyes of a killer

this is the same thing that happens with crystal balls, apparently if you stare at a specific object for a long time the mind gets bored and starts looking inside itself, thats why sometimes you see things in the mirror/crystal ball, they are images from within your mind, not somethig that is actually there, at least thats what ive read

this is the same thing that happens with crystal balls, apparently if you stare at a specific object for a long time the mind gets bored and starts looking inside itself, thats why sometimes you see things in the mirror/crystal ball, they are images from within your mind, not somethig that is actually there, at least thats what ive read

I read years ago that the early-to-mid 20th Century American mystery novelist Mary Roberts Rinehart used to see her fictional plots enacted before her eyes by staring into a glass doorknob, before ever setting pen to paper.

I have resantly had nightmares about me being in a house and going up rounded stairs and seeing a jaged pieces of glass with a cloth on top of it. It was a musty piece of glass but also vivid in my dream, But this dream didnt feel like a drream, it was too real, like a memory, i look at the glass for a second that feels like a year, and see my reflection just looking back at me, then it smiles, and its a normal looking smile, but there's something wrong, and im still not completly shore what it is, but this smile was not a nice smile, it's a smile that says "I know something that you don't".

I cant quite remember the whole dream but i can never forget this part, and how i wake up screaming when i have it.

Edited by Black_Sun

Well.. that was a rather.. interesting... experience..

I swear, it felt like my reflection was moving slightly more than I were (I can't stand completely still - not possible for me. :D)

And also, my eyes glanced sideways for a moment, but my reflection's eyes were still on me!

I am never looking at that mirror... again.