Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

stare at yourself in the mirror

antigravity

I shall try this. Ill look in the mirror at random to see if something happens. When i was a kid my older sister would go and say go into the bathroom lights off no kind of light at all. and repeat bloodlie murder bloodlie murder. i have your baby. i have your baby. im goin to kill it. im goin to kill it then just look in the mirror dont dare look away. you'll see red eyes. afterwards i always ran out when i was a kid havent done it since and never will again. my one friend went and did that and he said he looked away and found 3 scratches down his arm after he walked out and heard a voice and he wouldnt tell me. a year later he committed suicide. i dont remember his name even its mean that i dont i rather not so i can forget what happened and even his parents didnt know anything what was said, they told me that he came home crying and upset he was 14 at the time i forgot the day it happened but please dont do this. even thou i know someone might be a smart ass and say i did it n looked away n im here i cant prove that u did it but he did and a year later committed suicide he was a str. A student all from i remember but rest his soul im sorry buddy i forgotten bout you. but rest your soul and take care. :unsure2::cry:

the other day after i cleaned my bathroom mirror i decided to stare into it. it felt like i was standing right in front of another person because the glass was so spotless. it creeped me out haha

hahha funny how many people are AFRAID OF THEMSELFS, lolplus everyone keeps admiting that they look WIERD in a mirrorr, well i am very hot in reall life and in my mirrors and i love them tongue.gif i would stare in my own eyes for 5-10 minutes but i am afraid i might fall in love all over again original.gif

....probably think this song is about you....

Never was scared of mirrors until I saw the movie Mirrors. Now I can't look at one in the dark, lol.

But my oldest daughters always been afraid of mirrors, and my second daughter said she did try this once and it is weird.

I'll have to try :w00t:.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Well... whenever I stare into my eyes by looking at a mirror for a long time, my face starts to change. My left eye stays the natural color it is but my right eye turn into a bright green. My eye color is normally a light blue with a green ring around the iris. My face gets all messed up but the only thing that doesn't change is my nose. Kinda weird. And is it bad that I don't get scared/freaked out about what I see?

• 2 weeks later...

Never tried it, but you bet your cheeks i'm going to.

i have stared at a stationary object for several minutes without blinking. i got tunnel vision for a few moments, then my vision became extremely clouded over.

Isn't that called scrying? I tried it once and all I saw was some gorgeous bloke (if I do say so myself) ;)

• Like 1

I caught sight of myself in the mirror once…Must have stood there for about five minutes wondering what the heck is that strange ugly B**** staring at and then I put my glasses on…Gave myself the biggest regret ever so I won’t be doing that again…Ignorance is bliss!

Edited by Meridian O

I hate mirrors, I never look into them any longer than I have to :/

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

I have some large mirrors that are attacted to dressers in my room that was given to me with an old furniture set my grandma gave me and one is to the left of my bed and almost unavoidable to look into as you get into bed. Anyways, many times I'll sit on my bed and the reflection will catch my attention and I'll watch for a little while. But I remeber directly one time when I had gotten out of the shower and my hair was all slicked back and everything and for some reason I just stood there and stared at myself in that mirror. It was fine and everything till I looked directly into my eyes. I remeber I had gotten very close to the mirror took and stared directly into them too. I didn't have my glasses on either and I don't know what it was but my reflection started to scare me really badly. My eyes seemed so..evil. I couldn't ever recognize myself. Whether it was the hazy vision or my hair out of my face but it was so freighting. I put my glasses on so fast and got dressed quickly to stop from having to see it. I don't even try to look at myself in the mirror anymore without my glasses on and especially after I get out of the shower.

• 2 years later...

Ok, It's 11 years later. I'm a little late. I just found this. I have since I was a child have VERY strange times in the mirror. (And yes 1 time back in the 70's I was on LSD.) But I had it happen before and after. It is one of the weirdest things. Like another said here... "It's like discovering one's self". I feel like a veil is lifted from our preconceived ideas. I'm so glad to know I'm not alone. Thanks ya'll :) 

I really wanted scrying to work. I have this cool black mirror for the purpose, but nope. Nothing. Stared and stared. Not a darn thing. 

Ah well. It makes a pretty set around. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I have heard that if you stare at yourself in the mirror, focusing on one thing like, let’s say your nose, your eyes are focusing on that and not the other parts of your face. After a long time, from the corner of your eye, you might be able to see the other parts of your face look almost deformed. This is a true fact that I read in a book I have. This also works with looking at other things. Sometimes when I’m sitting down waiting for something, I find myself staring at the floor. One time it was when the floor was big tiles. I focused on the middle of one tile, and the lines kept getting lighter and lighter around it.  I thought it was only me, but now I know it isn’t.

When I was 19 I saw what appeared to be my own reflection in the bathroom mirror. But when I decided to look myself in the eyes what I saw scared the hell out of me. It may of looked liked me, but it was not me. The eyes were as if they were looking right through me. It took me months after that to look at myself in the mirror. I never had that experience again, nor do I ever want to experience that again.

All I know is if I had a drinking problem, looking at myself in the mirror first thing in the morning would cure it.

Funny this is how the Bloody Mary game was to be played, except originally you were supposed to repeat her name 100 times in the room lighted only by candlelight, this was so that you stare at yourself in the mirror long enough. An easy way for any kid to scare themselves silly. Interestingly Bloody Mary originated from a comic strip as well as an old story of a person named Mary that was put to death for being a witch during the Salem trials.