Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why don't they send Astronauts to moon and

ChocolateFairy

Astronauts should go to the moon and do a live camera feed retracing the steps of the first Astronauts that landed on the moon. The live feed should show them pointing out the sight where the American Flag was placed, they should also have a live voice feed describing in detail what they feel, what they see on the surface, how Earth looks from the moon, show us a shot of the Earth from the moon, show them picking up some actual moon rocks and show us how stars llok from the lunar surface. What's up NASA. We're waiting. :tu:

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lilly

• Raptor

• MID

• artymoon

Top Posters In This Topic

You know ... Considering that cold war had ended.I wont counting NASA alone for that kind of mission. Much better if the Russian, Frenchie, Japan or any other nations took part in the second moon exploration. It gives more credibility....

is this another "did we really go to the moon" thread?

well, yes. we did. we went up there and placed a reflecter on the moon, inwhich a laser is aimed at it and then reflected back to us, so that we can study aspects of the time it takes to get there & back and how far away the moon is - and is traveling away from us.

1. There's enough evidence to show that we did go to the moon.

2. It takes years of planning and lots of money to send someone to the moon.

3. NASA is sending a crew to the moon in 2018.

Astronauts should go to the moon and do a live camera feed retracing the steps of the first Astronauts that landed on the moon. The live feed should show them pointing out the sight where the American Flag was placed, they should also have a live voice feed describing in detail what they feel, what they see on the surface, how Earth looks from the moon, show us a shot of the Earth from the moon, show them picking up some actual moon rocks and show us how stars llok from the lunar surface. What's up NASA. We're waiting. :tu:

Why?

We already did this sort of thing, six times from July 1969 to December of 1972.

At that time, we provided live TV feeds of it, and of course, all of that has been preserved on video. We had live voice feeds which did exactly what you're asking, and many a picture and film of the earth from the moon, and various places in cis-lunar space, and we also saw the crews picking up samples...samples which we have here on earth.

...however, stars aren't visible to the human eye, or to the camera lens, on the lunar surface, because it's broad daylight there when we landed. That is an impossibility, so no one described that, no one photgraphed that, and no one who lands in the daylight ever will.

We will be returning to the moon within the next decade and a half, if all goes according to plan. However, I do not think that resources will be utilized at that time to go to Tranquility Base to film an historical documentary. Landing sites will be carefully selected over the next several years by orbiting satellites, and those sites will be chosen for their value to the lunar exploration program. I think that Tranquility Base will not be among the sites chosen.

...but I can see in the far future an expedition heading over to Tranquility. It would be a rather poingnant historical place to visit. But that's certainly not a priority at this time.

NASA's working on it, but it'll take a while to get it all done.

Why? It has already been faked done before. Why fake do it again? :P

Seriously though, you think they should do it again to prove the skeptics wrong? :huh:

We should be able to get a nice close view of the moon pretty soon. The Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter should send back some 'close up' photos starting in late 2008.

However, I doubt this will serve to convince some. I suspect the cries of *hoax* and *fake* will continue with the LRO photos as well.

Yeah weve been there, and were going back. To the moon or bust!

What a pointless thread..........

:sleepy:

1. There's enough evidence to show that we did go to the moon.

2. It takes years of planning and lots of money to send someone to the moon.

:yes:

As this is in danger of becoming yet another did we / did we not go to the moon topic I am going to close it before it goes down that road.

If anyone wishes to continue along these lines then I draw you attention to the pinned topic in this forum which will provide you with links to several of the most popular threads on this subject.

Thank you,

Waspie_Dwarf