Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

"Is this a Yeti leg...or just a paw hoax"

Seraphina

Quoted from the Paisley Metro...

"A mysterious limb discovered in Siberia might have belonged to the yeti, scientists said yesterday.

Complete with a flurry padded paw, the well-preserved leg was found more than two miles up a remote mountain range.

Russian climber Sergay Semenov, who discovered it, said: 'I turned the limb over and examined the sole of the foot. I thought it looked unusual, so I decided to bring it back with me.'

Scientists, who took X-ray pictures of it, claimed the bones were several thousand years old. They could not identify which animal it came from, but did not rule out the possibility it belonged to the Yeti - a half-man, half-ape beast also known as the Abominable Snowman or Bigfoot.

The yeti, which mean -the rock-living animal' in Sherpa, is commonly linked with the Himalayas. But sightings of the creature have also been reported in China, Siberia and North America. A british army major, who found large footprints in the snow in the Himalayas in 1889, was the first to come forward.

But not everyone is convinced the new limb is linked to the yeti. Scientist Yuriy Malofeyer, of the Russian association of veterinary anatomists, said: 'It looks very human. There are many similarities. A size 36 shoe would fit him just fine.'

Cryptozoologist Mike Dash added: "It's a little too early to get excited. If it's several thousand years old, as these scientists are claiming, then it's in suspiciously good nick so a hoax cannot be ruled out.'"

What I want to know is how could a hoax be several thousand years old, unless those hoaxers are very, very patient? huh.gif

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Seraphina

• Saru

• Mentalcase

• lizettemarie

Seraphina,

Check out This Link - it features the full article on the mystery 'yeti' limb, as well as a photograph.

Oh man, someone always beats me to it crying.gif

Thank you for the link mentalcase.......really helpfull.

Hmm...the paw just look siberian tigers paw... dontgetit.gif

Because the Metro is a very cheap newspaper whistling2.gif

0o0o0o0o0o0o looks polar bearish to me...tho also the pad on the paw seems to be fake

Nah it looks like a paw of a smaller animal. Aren't Yeti's like big?