Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Audio Need Help

Blood Angel

find a free program to change a normal 8,000hz wav file to 6,896hz wav file, or anyone here who can do that?

Its just that i'm stumped, sonicfoundry(website) is not working for me, it won't let me download anything, just wondering if anyone knew of a alternative method?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mentalcase

• Blood Angel

• dust19

Top Posters In This Topic

Most programs that do such a thing, are not free. But you could try www.downloads.com or www.cnet.com/downloads (which I think are the same thing).

Or this link..it's a search for 'Wav. converters', although it shows a lot of mp3-wav. convertion progs. CNET

I do know that sonicfoundry's programs like Cakewalk or ACID have the option of converting. What exactly are you trying to do? Maybe I can help with whatever program you are using (seeing as I have them all just about).

Edited by Mentalcase

My favorite Audio editing package is CoolEditPro ...Stupid name, but excellent program...... here is a link..and now that I look...SYntrillium has sold it's license to ADOBE and now it is called Adobe Audition...which just means it will be more expensive now. Bah

LINK

ok i have various soundfiles that i want to import into a program, but the thing is it will only accept these settings:

WAV-file has a RIFF-header (Windows PCM standard format) and the following audio-format:

· 6896 Hz

· Mono

· 8-Bit

· Unsigned

most of the wavs i want to incorprate are 16bit and 112500 Hz i need to convert them to those above.

Ok I found this, I'm pretty sure this will do the job...You can try this program for free, it most likely has a 15 day trial, but that should be enough time to do what you want. Clickity Click Click Click thumbsup.gif

ah umm i think those only convert various formats to .wav, what i need is something to change the frequency of the .wavs i already have so i can import them. but umm thanks anyway MC.

Well I did see that it changes WAV. to WAV. And I'm pretty sure you can change the settings, otherwise it would be quite pointless to change a wavey.gif to a wavey.gif . tongue.gif

All conversions include: MP3 to WAV, WAV to MP3, MP3 to OGG, OGG to MP3, WAV to OGG, OGG to WAV, MP3 to MP3, WAV to WAV, OGG to OGG.
Edited by Mentalcase

I was thinking maybe you had a pitch shifter in a music program?

Sorry dude i didn't see one there but i'll take another look, thanks.