Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Powerful "God Computer" will save mankind

UM-Bot

Kinda funny, but I think if computers didn't anything spectacular, it would be something like in the matrix: complete rebellion. But even that is silly.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IronGhost

• Caana

• jpjoe

• whoa182

"We are very sorry but GOD has experianced an internal error and needs to restart..." ....if a god like being was a computer would he use windows or firefox?

But, RamboIII, you're talking about computers in the context of today. Computers in the future will have artificial intelligence and will be able to program themselves, think for themselves, do for themselves. They won't need humans to program them.

Also, computers will have many other advantages. They will be immortal for example. They won't have physical bodies that can wear out and die. They can continue to live, for centuries, and expand their knowldge to an unimagiable degree.

Future computers may even incorprate biological tissues into their own systems. Indeed, human being may be able to download their own thoughts and knowledge into computerized systems -- much like we today can almost replace a heart with an artificial one, artificial brains may also be possible. In effect, computers and man may merge -- the God Computers of the future may be hybrids of man and computer. It's the natural trend of evolution of consciousness.

With AI, a heart, a brain, etc. it seems that they are far from God. They may be able to do such things, but they will be technology nonetheless. Also, with the creation of these computers, it seems necessary for other operations, such as stemcell research, to begin to make certain programs possible.

Religion will also hate this idea as well as the government. It gives everyone too much power unless, of course, the God Computer is the key to world peace. This is an unproven point, but wouldn't the world be satisfied with their lives if there was immorality. But what would war be if we were all immortal? There would be none... Then how would we solve our problems, let the "God" decide? That would be the conflict with the church. If the church wanted something to occur on their behalf, they could not fight because no one would get killed. The opposition would suggest asking the wisest in the world, a God Computer. But religion will bear this satanic or Anti-Religion, something of that sort.

God will be forgotten by all the ordinary but the church will remember, creating all the more conflict.

Such a confusing topic, yes.

Krap with a capital KRAP!

Popular tripe and godless propaganda.

scientists=real idiots

I mean come on, ever since the word science came out, we are going to a trend of global warming (and more BAD things to happen!). Scientists think they are smarter than any living soul on this world, so they make up stuff like no God (and come to think of it, its making you think is there or not?). One thing to give credit to them is finding chemical (such as Carbon) and space information, but all it does it makes CONFUSION!

Computer is another source of propaganda, and to that, we use the computer for storing information. And after we stored, now its knows....wala!

What are u like 12 years old lol ?

It would be hard to imagine someone like u living in medieval, but nowadays...

This is ridiculous. Whoever is behind this theory, you need help.

This idea is basically stolen from David Zindells book series:

A requiem for Homo Sapiens.

As i read the article i got a heavy sense that i had read this idea before.

If anyones interested.. its a great Science Fiction book that incorporates this idea. I for one think this idea could be possible. But yea.. whether a computer like this would destroy us or nuture us forever is another matter. I mean if it can eventually do everything... It can obviously modify its code.

Although.. the book does end up showing this path is wrong.

Edited by 4MinuteNile

This is a wacko theory...No way a computer can actually 'think for itself' other than randomization and programming. Programming is limited, and so is response to stimulii.

This idea is basically stolen from David Zindells book series:

A requiem for Homo Sapiens.

As i read the article i got a heavy sense that i had read this idea before.

If anyones interested.. its a great Science Fiction book that incorporates this idea. I for one think this idea could be possible. But yea.. whether a computer like this would destroy us or nuture us forever is another matter. I mean if it can eventually do everything... It can obviously modify its code.

Although.. the book does end up showing this path is wrong.

The idea for the article WAS NOT STOLEN!! DAMN IT!!!

It is based on the works on a variety of scientists, physicists, writers and philosophers, including Vernor Vinge, inventor Ray Kurzweil, Freeman Dyson, Paul Dirac, John Bernal, J.B.S. Haldane and Frank Tipler.

The author gives due credit to the originators of the theory -- it even quotes Tipler and mentions his book, "The Physics of Immortality."

If anything, Zindell probably got his idea from these men! In fact, many writers have used advanced computer life forms in many books.

Edited by IronGhost

If humanity, and every existing element in our universe remains in one constant direction, this theory could be possible. But so far, nobody in this world perfectly knows what the future has in store for us.

Omega point, a very promising idea. But will man survive to pursue it?

This God Computer will have the ability to reach into the past and resurrect dead human beings, and create a paradise for them to live in forever.

Why will the God Computer take the trouble to resurrect us and create a paradise for us? That easy: Because the God Computer loves us. And why does the God Computer love us so much? Again, the answer is simple: Because we created him!

And their evidence for this is? Being a powerful computer does not necessarily give it the ability to bring back the dead, nor change the planet. Neither does our creating it mean it will like us, for all we know there's as equal chance that if it sees itself as god as they claim it is, then it'll just wipe out the annoying humans crawling around about it.

Its one thing to talk about powerful computers that will - given our technological advancement rate - exist one day. But to assign them magical powers before such computers are ever created (and thus we have no evidence they can time travel etc) is stupid.

what would the first thing the god-box would do after it took over ? nuke MS ?

:rofl:

wait a second, your telling me that the want to control something (ie computers) that lies in mankind, we would destroy our creation before we let it control us.

All I can say is that if this God Computer will appear, we are in trouble. The goods will do in the start, but I bet you that one man kind in this planet will screw these Computer Gods up then this world will collapse.

Edited by Inchoatus

Hell 15 years ago,having the net at home with access to millions of people and millions of opinions was impossible. Compare what was 15 yrs ago to today. The age of the computer,hmmm look at how it has affected our lives so far. My first comp was a VIC 20. If you can't see how fast tech is advancing how can you possibly be here chatting about it.

If you can understand the rate of man's knowledge and the rate we increase that knowledge ervery day, I have to agree. Technology will oversee what is done, it already has. If you think there is a limit to what is possible with the tech evolution, you better buy some land in the mountains and hide.

Evolution hmmmm we might take as a species ie humans as a perfect example of evolution. We can right now,watch the evolution of a new Intelligence. If you think that the evolution of a new intel ispossible, just wait.

One day we will all know that man created God and not the other way around. That is up for debate yes I know. I am reading on it

If for one second you thk that we will hold back on advancing our knowledge,you are mistaken. This could happen and you know what,if it happens it was Gods will,or man's will.

Edit: ac/dc Who made who

Edited by The Silver Thong

LOL so instead of having a DONOR sticker, your gunna have a RESSERECT me sticker?? hahah.

There are already Psychics who can get in touch with the powers of the Universe and look back in time and forward in time and write about what they see and people who read it tell them they have a mental problem, and they should go to a doctor and let the doctor give them something to dull this gift.

I and other Psychics can right now predict deaths years into the future, and we can travel back in time and see things that have happened before it even happens but trying to tell others about this Gift falls on deaf ears yet we are all open to reading what a Science fiction writer is saying here.

But even I don't know if in the future this Science Fiction dream may not come true, and it could be that man will develop a computer with a brain like a psychic and that machine can actually meditate and ask questions and receive answers from some where in the Universe much like I do.

My point is if you are going to believe that this computer in the future can do these things, why can't people be more open to the things that Psychics are telling them and not call them lieing Charletons or mentally ill?

Now are you going to say I have sidetracked this thread?

Hopefully not because as I see its all related.

human being dont even have manners and respect for each other (im not generalizing) killing our planet with gases, destroying nature, leaving the poor poorer and making the rich even reacher (some fuc*er buying a 3.000.000 ring) while other people tries to survive with 1 dollar a day... AND WE WANT TO CREATE GOD?????? stupid jokes.....

people nees a 360 CHANGE in their lives before thinking in inmortality and so.....

Edited by SpeCtruM

Cant you guys not realize that technology (inc computers) are -already- controlling our lives. It's just a matter of time before the "computer" completely rules us.

Freedom would be a major concern here. But since the ruling of technology gradually advances into our lives. It will slowly numb humanity's true perception on what "freedom" really is. (thats accdg to our modern interpretation of freedom)

edit:

Btw, I doubt that the "computer god" shall exist within our lifetime. It'll exist when there is nothing else for humans to invent or to advance to, the omega point. Our decendants would't even realize that they are already under the computer god's command.

Edited by jpjoe

a little something called "EMP" thats how we will stop it.

Such an entity could spread across the universe at the speed of light... doubt that would have any effect and be many places at once all networked. I guess you could imagine the universe becoming intelligent.

Most of you underestimate what is possible with technology being developed today. With advanced Nanotechnology Computers the size of a grain of sand would be BILLIONS AND BILLIONS of times more powerful than the human brain.

Edited by whoa182

scientists=real idiots

I mean come on, ever since the word science came out, we are going to a trend of global warming (and more BAD things to happen!). Scientists think they are smarter than any living soul on this world, so they make up stuff like no God (and come to think of it, its making you think is there or not?). One thing to give credit to them is finding chemical (such as Carbon) and space information, but all it does it makes CONFUSION!

Computer is another source of propaganda, and to that, we use the computer for storing information. And after we stored, now its knows....wala!

:mellow:

Science didn't ever just 'come out', ever since humans have been able to think logically they have been trying to find answers to things, and that's what science is; answers. Global warming has only just begun to start up in the recent decades, science has been around for thousands of years. Anyway, for now, global warming is yet to be proved.

Scientists look for answers using logic and evidence, consequently they are generally smarter than the average person. No, they don't just 'make up' that there is no God, they base their answers on evidence, if there was hard evidence of God's existence, then it would become a fact that God is real, until then there's no reason to believe that God does exist.

It's because of science that humans have anything at all, including fire in the stone age. If we didn't know any science we'd still be living in caves.