Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

I gots a question

Mentalcase

SaRuMaN,

I was wondering if there is a way to have audio files attached to our posts. Something you can click to download. *The size of an audio file is much larger then 20k.

I have been writing a lot of songs lately, and I would love to share them with the forum.

Edited by Mentalcase

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mentalcase

• Saru

• OneEye

• Phantom

Darkstar, I am familar with the whole PMing feature, being a MOD and all. <shakes head>

MC,

It is possible to allow audio file attachments, however for the very reason that an audio file is much larger than 20k, I've been reluctant to include that option. I think that if we allowed audio files as attachments, they would go off with a lot of bandwidth, which would cause problems in the long run.

That's why file attachments have such a small limit, every view detracts from the site's monthly bandwidth allowance.

Right,

Maybe I'll make about 8 installments of 20k file song bits to make one song laugh.gif , now if you will all have enough patience to put them all together as one. lol

I gots to go right now, maybe I'll figure something out.

How big are the audio files you want to upload ?

I haven't even compressed them yet (or recorded many of them yet). I suppose I could start a thread for my music and if anyone wants to hear it, I could send them a file. That seems simple enough.

If they're not too large I could host a few of them manually on the site's web space, let me know when you have them ready for distribution.

Thanks SaRuMaN,

Now you got me in a perfectionist mood. It will be a while now, lol.

I'm going to attempt recording a good version of my newest song, I really need some feedback for it! brb

I'm DLing a prog now to convert the file to MP3. I hope it works with a mixed wav. file. If it does, I should have the song ready within the hour. cool.gif

It is in MP3 format now, but the file size is 2.07mb.

The quality of the song isn't great, it is recorded with a bad mic and a bad program, but it's good enough to hear.

Darkstar, I am familar with the whole PMing feature, being a MOD and all. <shakes head>

laugh.gif @ MC

Kids these days, I swear grin2.gif

Good point, I'll brb, gots to go for a minute.

Free web hosts like Geocities tend to forbid the storage of media files, I think they go around removing accounts at random to enforce that.

It's worth a try though, if you include an HTML page about your music aswell, you could argue that you have a full web site there, rather than only using the space to store the files.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey One Eye,when did you start playing bass,what are your inspirations(if any)?

And Mentalcase,id love to hear one of your songs thumbsup.gif

I started playing bass in the middle of summer. I have a pretty good ear for music and haven't taken lessons yet, though I'm thinking of finding somewhere to take them. As for inspiration, there really isn't any. I just love the deep bass back up sound.

Iv only been playing a few months,im pretty fond of the bass,but i used to play electric guitar beforehand.Im self taught,and mostly my inspiration comes frfom Alkaline Trio,but also the older things like Van Morrisson(Brown Eyed Girl)

MentalCase,

At the risk of being lampooned...

...uh...you might want to consider

copyrighting the songs

before you publish them. ph34r.gif if you haven't already done so....uh...nevermind... crying.gif