Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Got milk? Got B.S.

Sherapy

But I love milk. Regardless of its nutritional value or lack thereof, I enjoy it. Hell, I'm gonna die someday anyway, may as well enjoy what I do while I'm alive. Let's be serious, how much longer could I possibly live had I never touched a glass of milk? I love milk, I love red meat, I love other things that I can't say on this forum, so I'm gonna indulge in them and still live a long enough life for my tastes.

Actually This will be the first generation kids aren't out living their parents, the quaity of food is calorie rich , nutrient poor and its observable that the health of America is in bad shape, notice the obesity and over weight people its the majority a fat person is not a healthy person no matter how htey rationalize it.... the health care industry is strained and its younger and younger that are sick... you can see for yourself.....Ah the ole justification to not care for yourself , "i'm gonna die anyways" well indeed you are..of course your life is your own to do with as you wish......

"I love milk regardless of its nutrients or there lack ' off hmmm. waht do you love about it then????you must be a young person am i correct?????? I don't follow your logic...but do as you wish..... :tu:

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sherapy

• hyperactive

• OlDrippy34

• frogfish

I grew up drinking milk, I just love it. It's delicious. I can't really afford food when I'm at school, so when I come home my family knows to have two or three gallons just for me to work on. I'm twenty years young and I care for myself fine. I'm in perfect health. And yeah, I'm gonna die anyway. I don't see any reason to try and prolong the inevitable by sacrificing that which gives me pleasure. Think about it. I do the things I love my whole life, and die after a sufficiently long, satisfying life. Or, I stop doing what I love and lead a slightly longer, bitter, empty life. Not worth it to me.

I grew up drinking milk, I just love it. It's delicious. I can't really afford food when I'm at school, so when I come home my family knows to have two or three gallons just for me to work on. I'm twenty years young and I care for myself fine. I'm in perfect health. And yeah, I'm gonna die anyway. I don't see any reason to try and prolong the inevitable by sacrificing that which gives me pleasure. Think about it. I do the things I love my whole life, and die after a sufficiently long, satisfying life. Or, I stop doing what I love and lead a slightly longer, bitter, empty life. Not worth it to me.

You equate health with bitterness????? Thats interesting logic.....You BUY the american life style lock, stock and barrel I see..... :D Take what you can when you can f*@# it....Well you arent' alone in that mentality.........Most grew up drinking milk, it still doesn't make it healthy.....Most at 20 should be saying they are healthy there is nothing remarkable in that.... how would you know if you are healthy incidently just curious??? You have some very interesting logic on things lol........anyhoo in the end its your life and its on you what you do with it........ :D:tu:

Edited by Sheri berri

No, I don't equate health with bitterness. I just realize that I would be a bitter, bitter man if I didn't get to do the things I like to do. And if I had to do something as completely ridiculous as giving up milk so I could live a few extra years, I know I'd be a bitter, mean, p***ED OFF old man. And I don't buy any lifestyle lock, stock, and barrel. And you have no knowledge of me other than I like milk, so I'd appreciate you not making generalizations. I have my views, my beliefs and interests that anyone would have a hard time putting into one category. Saying I buy into the "American lifestyle" would mean I eat like five cheeseburgers from a fast food restaurant and then wash it down with a Diet soda. How do I know I'm healthy? My doctor told me when I saw him last month. And I'm just saying now, why even bother bringing it up? You will never, EVER stop people from drinking milk. Just like vegetarians or vegans or whatever won't EVER stop people from eating meat. I just get annoyed when I hear other people telling me that what my lifestyle is bad or in someway inferior.

Ok, now this next part is more or less a rant in general, don't take any of it personally because it's not directed at you.

My realization over the short time I've been alive has been that most people are idiots. The popularity of certain types of music today, the fact that movies like Napoleon Dynamite get made, and the fact that Three Six Mafia won an Oscar is proof enough that the vast majority of people on this planet are stupider than I'm able to comprehend.

But I do what I do. It's not going to change. I know, I've gone to Ween shows. Both of my last two ex girlfriends were vegetarians, which is a whole load of bull in itself. I've had more people in tie dye smelling like patchouli with their dirtyass dreadlocks telling me how I'M living is wrong than I can count. But the simple fact of the matter is if you're a hippie telling me this crap, and I can say this with all confidence, I am smarter than you.

No, I don't equate health with bitterness. I just realize that I would be a bitter, bitter man if I didn't get to do the things I like to do. And if I had to do something as completely ridiculous as giving up milk so I could live a few extra years, I know I'd be a bitter, mean, p***ED OFF old man. And I don't buy any lifestyle lock, stock, and barrel. And you have no knowledge of me other than I like milk, so I'd appreciate you not making generalizations. I have my views, my beliefs and interests that anyone would have a hard time putting into one category. Saying I buy into the "American lifestyle" would mean I eat like five cheeseburgers from a fast food restaurant and then wash it down with a Diet soda. How do I know I'm healthy? My doctor told me when I saw him last month. And I'm just saying now, why even bother bringing it up? You will never, EVER stop people from drinking milk. Just like vegetarians or vegans or whatever won't EVER stop people from eating meat. I just get annoyed when I hear other people telling me that what my lifestyle is bad or in someway inferior.

Ok, now this next part is more or less a rant in general, don't take any of it personally because it's not directed at you.

My realization over the short time I've been alive has been that most people are idiots. The popularity of certain types of music today, the fact that movies like Napoleon Dynamite get made, and the fact that Three Six Mafia won an Oscar is proof enough that the vast majority of people on this planet are stupider than I'm able to comprehend.

But I do what I do. It's not going to change. I know, I've gone to Ween shows. Both of my last two ex girlfriends were vegetarians, which is a whole load of bull in itself. I've had more people in tie dye smelling like patchouli with their dirtyass dreadlocks telling me how I'M living is wrong than I can count. But the simple fact of the matter is if you're a hippie telling me this crap, and I can say this with all confidence, I am smarter than you.

I don't do labels, I'm not a hippie (although i wish i would of been arond for those days), I'm a individual that cares about herself her kids and the planet that sustains her , well sustains all of us.........

If you choose to drink chemical ridden milk, eat feedlot meat that is basically chemicals and harmful ones that is fine with me it is your body......I see the body isn't a temple in your world lol meant as "Hippie" humour......lol why were you at the docts if you are healthy?????Just curious........

One who is intellegent doesn't have to tell anyone its shows, You show what you know.....

So you need to harm yourself to keep from being bitter am i following you on this??????

according to you eating fast food is The american Dream, accrdong to me its a philosphy in part sounds alot like your posts...anything that challenges the status quo ( vegan)this case drinking milk, well you must be a hippie blah blah blah....wall street makes it living off of the middle america mentality and loyalty as a consumer is the whole point....I'd be safe in saying you go with the herd even with evidience otherwise...I'm just reading your posts going off of that...you said "I LIKE MILK Whether its good for me or not isn't important" i just remarked on what interesting logic that was..

Again i'm all for living your life how you see fit..........

Edited by Sheri berri

One who is intellegent doesn't have to tell anyone its shows, You show what you know.....

So you need to harm yourself to keep from being bitter am i following you on this??????

pssst.... you're showing what you know... :ph34r: shhhhh....

What words do the "B.S." in the title of the thread stand for?

Has anyone used soy milk in the mac & cheese mixes they sell in grocery stores? How does that taste? When I leave milk out of my mac an cheese it never tastes right.

WOW :w00t:

This thread is still going strong... and is an interesting read.

I did have a bowl of whole grain cereal this morning with 2% milk.... and then log on and start reading this again.. LOL

But no guilty feelings here... I really enjoyed my cereal and milk.

Just a question .... how do all those against milk feel about Soy milk?

I have thought about trying it... anybody here on UM drink it?

Thanks Nxt~

Has anyone used soy milk in the mac & cheese mixes they sell in grocery stores? How does that taste? When I leave milk out of my mac an cheese it never tastes right.

Get out of my head Celumnaz!! LOL :lol:^_^

You're misunderstanding something here, clearly.

Here's my question. Ok, it's my body, as you've said. And you apparently respect my wishes to put whatever into it I want. Then why even start this thread? Why do it if not to point out how your beliefs are in some way better or more logical? If you weren't trying to make that distinction, there would've been no need for the words "chemical ridden milk, eat feedlot meat that is basically chemicals and harmful ones that." I could just as easily call the whole vegan lifestyle hippie bullcrap, which I didn't do, by the way. And like I said in my earlier post, the last portion was more or less a rant and not directed at you.

And no, eating fast food is not the American dream. I just used that example because of the context of your initial post, which said that I "buy into the American lifestyle" or something similar.

And here's where you lose me completely. I follow the herd? I dislike anything that challenges the status quo, and am a mindless drone of businessmen on Wall Street? Am I correct in that, or did I misinterpret your in depth analysis of my psychological state?

I was at the doctor's for a check up, by the way...people do that.

Yes. I like milk. I will continue to drink milk because it makes me happy. Therein lies where the bitterness would come from if I was forced to give it up. I don't get my rocks off by hurting myself, and I genuinely don't believe that milk is harming me. And even if it is, it's a far less evil industry to give money to than the oil industry or tobacco industry.

Your problem, as I see it, judging by your posts(since we're doing our internet psychological profiles), is you think your lifestyle is in some way better than mine or anyone else's. You mask it behind "Well I don't care, it's your body, do what you want." That's crap, though. Because I genuinely live the words "Live and let live," so I never HAVE to say "...but it's your body, you do whatever." Because I don't tell people what they're doing is wrong, or my way is better or more healthy. If you genuinely felt that way, you never would've felt the need to post anything like this, except to say "Ah ha, I knew it! You're all fools and now I can rub your faces in it."

Now I just dropped psychology as my major, but it doesn't take a degree to know certain things about the human mind and the human condition. Again, your generalizations, which I'm sure left you feeling smug and satisfied with your vegan superiority, are completely offbase and just generally insulting. I'm the farthest thing from one who "follows the herd." I don't subscribe to any ideology but my own. I don't listen to Pat Robertson and his maniac ramblings and EVIL agenda, much like I don't pay any mind to lunatic conspiracy theorists who feel as though they've somehow achieved some higher level of enlightenment than the rest of the world.

It would probably be best to just end this discussion here, because I'm clearly not getting through to you like I thought I would, and a response from you would probably just p*** me off again.

WOW :w00t:

This thread is still going strong... and is an interesting read.

I did have a bowl of whole grain cereal this morning with 2% milk.... and then log on and start reading this again.. LOL

But no guilty feelings here... I really enjoyed my cereal and milk.

Just a question .... how do all those against milk feel about Soy milk?

I have thought about trying it... anybody here on UM drink it?

Thanks Nxt~

I use soy a bit, the only thing you can do is try it and go from there..I like it but its dependent on the person......

On the mac and chesse question from a box I'm assuming is processed foods (nutrtion void) and a vegan wouldn't eat it or recommend it nor the other way either heart attack in a dish lol...no enriched pasta for us lol...whole grains only........

Nxt,

I warn people to be careful of soymilks. If you can get (and if you can handle the taste of) fresh pure soymilk, fine. If you are using any of the "big label" products like Silk or Vitasoy, read the labels carefully. They may contain cane sugar and carageenan to name two ingredients to be avoided if possible.

Hahahaha.

Top 3 Evil Businesses in the world

1. Tobacco

2. Oil

3. MILK

without oil you wouldnt be able to heat home ect...over in the UK and Ireland they 9/10 use oli fuel heating

Without milk you wont get the goodness of calcium

Edited by Beckys_Mom

I was being facetious.

tobacco, oil, fast food... lawyer's opulent paradise, demagogue's wet dream... it's the hip and trendy thing to hate

Hipsters are just as bad as hippies, if not worse. Because they make bad indie rock about the crap hippies just talk about in their LSD induced stupors while they sit in their stupid drum circles. And hipster fashion is even more annoying. Stupid corduroy blazers and scarves and tight pants.

But like I was said, I was being facetious. Chances are, if hippies/hipsters dislike it, I love it and want it to succeed. I mean, if some idiot in a scarf and a tight blazer over his "ironic" t shirt, pulled together by his girlfriend's pants, came up to me and told me that he disliked puppies being killed, I'd probably gut a few in front of him just to show I hate him.

Edited by OlDrippy34

I was being facetious.

And I wasn't getting at you ;) i was just making a couple of points...and forgot to add without tobaco there would be no stress relivers LOL :w00t: now THATS facetious!!!LOL

You're misunderstanding something here, clearly.

Here's my question. Ok, it's my body, as you've said. And you apparently respect my wishes to put whatever into it I want. Then why even start this thread? Why do it if not to point out how your beliefs are in some way better or more logical? If you weren't trying to make that distinction, there would've been no need for the words "chemical ridden milk, eat feedlot meat that is basically chemicals and harmful ones that." I could just as easily call the whole vegan lifestyle hippie bullcrap, which I didn't do, by the way. And like I said in my earlier post, the last portion was more or less a rant and not directed at you.

And no, eating fast food is not the American dream. I just used that example because of the context of your initial post, which said that I "buy into the American lifestyle" or something similar.

And here's where you lose me completely. I follow the herd? I dislike anything that challenges the status quo, and am a mindless drone of businessmen on Wall Street? Am I correct in that, or did I misinterpret your in depth analysis of my psychological state?

I was at the doctor's for a check up, by the way...people do that.

Yes. I like milk. I will continue to drink milk because it makes me happy. Therein lies where the bitterness would come from if I was forced to give it up. I don't get my rocks off by hurting myself, and I genuinely don't believe that milk is harming me. And even if it is, it's a far less evil industry to give money to than the oil industry or tobacco industry.

Your problem, as I see it, judging by your posts(since we're doing our internet psychological profiles), is you think your lifestyle is in some way better than mine or anyone else's. You mask it behind "Well I don't care, it's your body, do what you want." That's crap, though. Because I genuinely live the words "Live and let live," so I never HAVE to say "...but it's your body, you do whatever." Because I don't tell people what they're doing is wrong, or my way is better or more healthy. If you genuinely felt that way, you never would've felt the need to post anything like this, except to say "Ah ha, I knew it! You're all fools and now I can rub your faces in it."

Now I just dropped psychology as my major, but it doesn't take a degree to know certain things about the human mind and the human condition. Again, your generalizations, which I'm sure left you feeling smug and satisfied with your vegan superiority, are completely offbase and just generally insulting. I'm the farthest thing from one who "follows the herd." I don't subscribe to any ideology but my own. I don't listen to Pat Robertson and his maniac ramblings and EVIL agenda, much like I don't pay any mind to lunatic conspiracy theorists who feel as though they've somehow achieved some higher level of enlightenment than the rest of the world.

It would probably be best to just end this discussion here, because I'm clearly not getting through to you like I thought I would, and a response from you would probably just p*** me off again.

Drippy you are telling more about you than me....Better is a relative word i haven't placed moral value on eating you are doing that, I am simply saying if your goal is health and a body that performs at an optimum state then a Vegan ( a diet based on nutrition)diet may be something to explore...its really about what you define as health what you decide works for you.. some are just fine with getting by...If you have info to the contrary that milk is a wonder elixir by all means post others are doing that.....we are exploring food its not personal :innocent: ..... .I'm not of the heiriarchial mentality that lays claim to superiority becasue i eat veges....., thats just silly...lol You are possibly ranking yourself or something such as that. "shrugs'....I'm posting a thread on Milk, perhaps you can learn something, perhaps you can't its your call... I learn alot from those that follow a vegan diet and those that don't also and there are some great folks here that know alot and thats what we are doing sharing research....You can drink milk drippy but this is a thread about the the downside of milk....lol You chose to post if i may make a suggetion , don't post if its gonna upset you bring up issues...... :w00t::no:

If I ever tried to pursue a vegan lifestyle I'm pretty sure I'd hang myself with my hemp necklace. And I'd request that Phish be played at my cremation, when I'm burned up with a whole bunch of dank, heady nugs, brah.

tobacco, oil, fast food... lawyer's opulent paradise, demagogue's wet dream... it's the hip and trendy thing to hate

Celum, Imagine eating and living in health what a novel concept :blink: this is what this is about...I will say a very clever way of justifying your choices though.....to minimize the effects of products that not only hurt the person but those that choose not to use the product.... (such as smoking)

At present we have a very foolish society that entrusts its food supply and knowledge to simpletons......I have great issue with that I have no qualms speaking out either...... I insist on a healthy and safe food supply and so should you, we should all be aware of what we are eating......part of being a human is being responsible to know what is in the food supply and how its prepared.......there are no set standards as to what level of bacteria is safe , you should be very concerned.....good grief.......

If I ever tried to pursue a vegan lifestyle I'm pretty sure I'd hang myself with my hemp necklace. And I'd request that Phish be played at my cremation, when I'm burned up with a whole bunch of dank, heady nugs, brah.

Drippy do you actually have something to add to the discussion??

Haha, I added what I had to add. Then I made a joke.

Don't speak so condescendingly to me, either.

Haha, I added what I had to add. Then I made a joke.

Don't speak so condescendingly to me, either.

again you are interpreting the posts through your filters, i was asking a question becasue so far it seems you came to flame and troll...UM frowns on that by the way.....

Calcium from milk makes strong bones in women?????? Not according to the 12 years nurses study it seems that women who drank two glasses of milk actually had a risk of 1.45 times higher that those that didn't...How can this be?????

(dedicated to one who takes a low key approach to the meat issues of the day LOL private joke between hyper and myself ....)

Got Milk????? Or Got B.S.??????? Discuss

I've had high blood pressure since I was 16 yrs old, despite the fact that I'm a normal weight for my height & frame (in other words, not fat). I gave up eating most forms of meat in my diet by the time I was 25, but never could give up milk. What is it that vegans are calling milk these days? Liquid Meat? Maybe, but I've seen the benefits of keeping it in my diet, as well as cheese, eggs & fish. My blood pressure is near normal these days, despite my drinking milk. I don't know about whether or not it lowers your blood pressure or strengthens bones (calcium - not necessarily the kind found in milk - HAS shown positive results in lab tests on those with osteoporosis). Beef, pork and other 'heavy' types of meat (elk, venison, etc) disgust me and I can't eat them, but it's not healthy to avoid protein foods altogether. They might not notice it right now, but later on in life some vegans have been shown to develop all sorts of problems involving the liver and the gall bladder. There's an article about on WebMD. So, give me my calcium & cholesterol. Besides, I can't eat my once-a-week allowance of a thin slice of chocolate cake without it, and water just isn't the same...