Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Haunted Dolls

Darklight_1248

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• coldethyl

• dani10

• ~Onyx~

• bLu3 de 3n3rgy

I read about that one before! I wonder where is the doll nowadays. I think it's a true case especially since the two psychics who studied it are very well known(and I know about other cases they worked at, like the one that was made a movie with the haunted house)

The doll probly was an attraction to a spirit...............

Anything by Ed and Lorraine Warren is just a sensationalized fictional account if you ask me. An interesting read everytime but nothing more. :tu:

Has anybody ever heard of any haunted/possessed dolls? Such as the story of annabell.

Annabell

Interesting read, whether it is true or not I can't prove or disprove. So for the sake of discussion I will assume it is real.

First I would like to know if this doll was purchased new or second-hand. If it was a second-hand doll its previous owner might be able to shed some light on the subject.

But assuming that it was purchsed new and there was no previous "story" behind it, I would have to say that though the doll was being moved it was not the cause of the activity. I am of the belief that many ghosts are created by individuals, more precisely created by their belief. Why and how this can happen spontaneously I can't say.

But I don't see it as a coincidence that when they held a seance the "little girl" that they spoke to was named Annabelle, Raggedy Ann[abelle], thus naming the doll and associating a spirit to it giving this "spirit" recognition or belief in it and making it more real.

Then they proceeded to house or "move" the spirit into the doll, now giving this spirit a physical appearance, a symbol, to help with recognition and belief which would give it more power.

It is not suprising that things started to go wrong and the spirit became violent, when the activity with the doll, being moved, started it must have creeped them out thus giving "strength" to this "spirit" through their fear. This fear would only get stronger until it manifested into terror.

I have never heard of any other cases of possessed dolls but I have heard of "spirits" or entities being housed in other objects. Such as the Sword of Paracelsus, do a quick Google Image search of Paracelsus and you will quickly notice that almost every picture of him includes his sword and he is always holding it with both hands. It never left him until his death when it was quickly taken from him.

So what is the story of the sword? For anyone interested, there isn't much information but what is known is that it was originally an executioners sword used to behead over 80 nobles in Stockholm. Knowing the energy that surrounded this sword he began to create an entity, or "familiar", that was housed in the hilt of the sword. He is said to have gone through somewhat of a negative personality change soon after and would threaten people with his Demon. If it is "rooted" in fear it will only produce the "fruits" of fear.

Edit: PS the picture of the lady with the doll is pretty creepy, not sure if it is the lady or the doll that makes it creepy though lol.

Edited by Hermetic Hermit

Edit: PS the picture of the lady with the doll is pretty creepy, not sure if it is the lady or the doll that makes it creepy though lol.

It's the lady. ;)

where was Andy while all this was going on?

This one is hard to comment on. If you take the theory of ghosts, they are attached to certain place or thing, so in theory this could happen. Have I ever encountered something like that? The answer is no but I am not totally closed to the idea. If say a young girl was, god forbid, say killed during a tramatic event, clutching the doll I am sure in theory that the spirit could be attached to the doll and lash out at adults right?

This one is hard to comment on. If you take the theory of ghosts, they are attached to certain place or thing, so in theory this could happen. Have I ever encountered something like that? The answer is no but I am not totally closed to the idea. If say a young girl was, god forbid, say killed during a tramatic event, clutching the doll I am sure in theory that the spirit could be attached to the doll and lash out at adults right?

I just have a hard time believing anything with the Warren's attached to it. ;)

I remember when i went to sleep at my friends house but i had to sleep in his sisters room for some reason and she had sooo many dolls....when iu was lying down i got angry picked one up and said "pppfftt you dont look so scary to me" and as soon as i said that it Blinked and i threw it across the room screaming !! i was later told that the doll has a mechanism that makes it blink :lol:

There is a story of a hunted doll named Robert in Key West Fl.He's kept behind glass now.Ppl swear they have herd him laught and move around the room by himself.He's also supose to be the cause of alot of bad things happening.

Anything by Ed and Lorraine Warren is just a sensationalized fictional account if you ask me. An interesting read everytime but nothing more. :tu:

I completely agree with you about the Warrens- hoaxers is what they are! If it were anyone else, I might kinda sorta believe it.

I used to think that my Barbie dolls came to life when I was sleeping. I even went as far as trying to stay up all night to get some photographic evidence with the polaroid camera. It was just the crazy imagination of a 6 year old! :hmm:

I completely agree with you about the Warrens- hoaxers is what they are! If it were anyone else, I might kinda sorta believe it.

I used to think that my Barbie dolls came to life when I was sleeping. I even went as far as trying to stay up all night to get some photographic evidence with the polaroid camera. It was just the crazy imagination of a 6 year old! :hmm:

I'm 34 and I still have Barbies.... ;)

If one ever came to life tho I wouldn't worry too much as my labrador would eat it. ^_^

Apparently the doll "Annabell" was just a tool for the "spirit" or "demon" (call it what you will) to attract the attention of the subjects in the story(and in the case of a possessed doll STORY would seem to be an appropriate term). The actual entity in question was drawing energy from the people in question and it's attempts to garner attention were a means to an end.....which I find interesting....beacuse if something is SO POWERFUL and SO DANGEROUS as to cause bodily harm to a living person....WHY WOULD IT NEED TO GET ATTENTION OR USE ANY OTHER TYPE OF RESIDUAL MEANS TO ACHIVE IT'S GOAL????? It makes no sense to me. Was the entity in question just follwing the "rules and regs" laid-down in the "demonic possession" handbook???

Step one: Find a "spooky-looking" doll....................check.

Step two: Find a couple of patsies................check.

Step three: Lie to them alot and play little mudane...yet spooky and unexplainable tricks...............check.

Step four:(and possibly THE MOST IMPORTANT step) Make damn sure the phone number for The Warrens is readily available.

*As a side note: If these steps do not work right away, make sure to corner the only male in the home and BEAT THE LIVING HELL OUT OF HIM....but make sure that nobody else sees this occur....then repeat step three.

I'm 34 and I still have Barbies.... ;)

If one ever came to life tho I wouldn't worry too much as my labrador would eat it. ^_^

WOW! You're 34? Me too! :D

WOW! You're 34? Me too! :D

Yep! I earned every darn year too!

:D

Have any of you guys heard about that baby doll that is haunted, and there's even a video of it moving and stuff? It is soooo spooky! Maybe that's the Robert doll someone mentioned here

Here's a link to the story of robertRobert

BTW, He's not the best looking doll.

Ugh. You can say that again! Great link, thanks!

Ugh. You can say that again! Great link, thanks!

I've actually seen the doll "Robert"......no picture of beauty.....very old though...and an interesting story if nothing else....alot of very old(and tragic) history in the Florida Keys.

I've actually seen the doll "Robert"......no picture of beauty.....very old though...and an interesting story if nothing else....alot of very old(and tragic) history in the Florida Keys.

It looks like one of those dolls that would fall apart if you picked it up....

It looks like one of those dolls that would fall apart if you picked it up....

That's probably one reason while it's housed behind glass...another reason may be beacuse it's butt-ass-ugly...either way....nobody really handles the doll anymore from what I understand....and why the hell would you want to.

That's probably one reason while it's housed behind glass...another reason may be beacuse it's butt-ass-ugly...either way....nobody really handles the doll anymore from what I understand....and why the hell would you want to.

I DON'T want to... :D

Just making a statement. :yes: