Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

06.06.06 - A date with the devil

UM-Bot

news icon rIn case you haven't noticed, today is 6 June, 2006. Or, put another way, 06.06.06. Or, put another way again, 666, or the mark of the Beast, the Devil's home address and a sure sign of eternal torment for all of us. In short, it's a pretty unusual, once-in-a-century event.

Although, of course, if you haven't noticed it's 06.06.06, that already suggests that the date is far less important than some evangelical Christians have been hoping.

news icon View: Full Article | Source: The Scotsman

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RamboIII

• IronGhost

• kaknelson

• SAMURAI-X

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am too cool for 06-06-06. Now excuse me while I continue to self-medicate. I'm still waiting for 3 a.m.

Truth be-told, i did hide under my covers this morning waiting for the end of the world. Worst thing that happened was that we ran out of milk.

your right SaRuMAn for the date and their is hype everywhere,

so the devil has a date with us huh?

how bout we just stand him up? lol :tu::whistle::devil:

:sk

Abecrombie

hey i wont tell if you dont tell

Actually it is 6/6/06, not 666, 6606 means nothing. Only time it has ever been 666 is in the 6th century. 6/6/6. No end of the world then, no end of the word now. Sorry ppl.

Well, I think the only thing that is close to the apocalypse that's happened here is I accidentally spilled some hot coffee on myself when I woke up this morning. That stung a bit.

omg! all this and more has been foretold in thy great prophecy of 1997: an lo

" coffee shall flow from thy cup, and lo will thy milk run empty. In england, the sky will be... slightly cloudy but mostly clear and according to some the movie the Omen will be a waste of money. And then the usual ground cracking and sky raining fire stuff will happen but they are not important. And so thy earth will be plunged into turmoil and there will be much screaming and chiken dancing to be done by all. And lo, the eaarth shall be wiped clean, in readiness for the second coming, and cheese will once again be plentiful. Also the one they call Evil_E.T will win thy "lottery" and similteanously find a new Burgatti Zonda on his drive." that could happen. Right? ;)

Most historians think the number 666 refers to the emporer Nero, whose name when spelled in Greek, can be added up to 666. This is done by assigning a number value to each letter of the Greek alphabet, and then calulating accordingly.

Nero burned Rome and blamed it on the Christians as a way to drum up popular resentment against them.

The 666 also configures to another Roman emporer, I forget his name, who was also antagonistic to Christians. So it could have been him, too. Remember, the Emporer Constantine evnetually embraced Chrisitanity, making it the state religion after years of persecution and throwing Christians to lions at the games. Emporer Julian, who came after Constantine, despised the Christians, and tried to reverse Constantine's Christian acceptance edict -- Julian might have been successful, but he was killed in Persia before he could carry out his full policy.

But this points out that some books of the Bible, like revelations, were written for political purposes by early Christians. The Rev. authors wanted to take slap at Nero, so they cook up this book of fake revelations -- and today, people have swallowed the whole hoax as having some kind of real meaning, thinking everything in the Bible is God's divine word.

Anyway, I have heard the movie is laughably bad. That little devil boy should have just been sent to bed without any supper, or had his X-box priviliges revoked.

Edited by IronGhost

What a day to join...

What a day to join...

Welcome, Gandalf!!! I think it's a good sign that you joined today!

BTW, a lot of pregnant women who are due today are hoping theywon't have their babies today. I guess thousands of woman are asking to be induced early, or have a C-section so avoid having their baby born on 666 -- jeez for dumb.

Another interesting note: When Pres. Ronald Reagan retired to California, the number on his house address? You guessed it -- 666. His superstitious wife had it changed to 668.

you guys are all hilarious , you guys are like my split personalitys

As pointed out, 6/6/6 only has happened once, maybe twice if you count BC and AD.. and even then, that was the name that WE gave it.

We have an 06/06/xx06 day every century, 6, 106, 206, 306, 406, 506, 706, 806, 906, 1006, 1106, 1206, 1306, 1406, 1506, 1606, 1706, 1806, 1906, 2006.

I wonder if the devil employs the home office to run armageddon..

not to try to start an argument :innocent: but we do identify "06" as just being 6 simply. 03+03=06 OR 3+3=6

so in a way it is 6/6/6....06/06/06. Either way, its just another day.

Its 6/6/6 and there was a bomb threat at school today. The first of the year. Everyone was rushed onto the field.

I know this is a bit off topic, but if there is an ANTICHRIST.

He must be the complete opposite of the ALMIGHTY. hmmmm.

My conclusion... the closest thing is: President Bush. However, i know he is only the face to represent in the media. There are more powerful evil creators in this world.

We, the people, have thought of this number of the beast, which only has meaning for as far as we allow it to. Then there's the dates, designed by us, the people, as being this and that day now and then, based on the circulation of earth around the sun, and still not good enough, because we skip a quarter day every year. Hence: Feb 29th. Then there's our, the peoples, way of abbreviating these custom designed dates.

In other words: it's all been designed by people, so where do the gods come in?

Okay, there was a fire in London in 1666. But it's only due to the date that we still know that. Which date did the Hindenburg crash?

Though some scum did break into my car last night...

Edited by manitou

The Hindenburg went down on May 6, 1937. Well, at least their was one six in the date.

But, the Hindenberg was a Nazi airship, so it probably would have special protection on a 666 day.

anyway, according to the oldest book of revelations, the devils mark is 616, not 666

I know this is a bit off topic, but if there is an ANTICHRIST.

He must be the complete opposite of the ALMIGHTY. hmmmm.

My conclusion... the closest thing is: President Bush. However, i know he is only the face to represent in the media. There are more powerful evil creators in this world.

I wish I could agree but the Anti-Christ is suppose to be someone unlikely, I believe. :lol:

So not George W. Bush. I was thinking more of someone who has descendents of the nights of templar (sounds impossible) or someone else with a grudge against the world powers- meaning Christianity or America.

He would be almighty, just no one yets knows it.. His power is his stealth, and soon his true forces will be unleashed upon the world. :gun: Then Christ will appear, with the same stealth power, and save the world. :gun::gun:

Well, cool story, huh? I wish something like this would happen! ^_^ But sadly, it ain't gonna!

Edited by RamboIII

:devil: well it's almost 6:00 pm and nothing has happened yet. what about the other countries where the day has already come and gone???? i wish something would happen we need a little excitment. :innocent: