Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Scariest Places on Earth: real?

Vera Ikon

With Halloween coming up and all, I'm waiting for ABC Family to (hopefully) rerun Scariest Places on Earth. I L-O-V-E this show, even though it's a little corny at times. What does everyone think about this show? Real or not? It's still the most realistic ghost-hunting show I've seen in recent years. But I have this constant debate with my staunch skeptic boyfriend. He says SPOE is "totally fake" right down to the stories they feature (this from a guy who decided at the age of 6 that there was no God wacko.gif ). Now, just so ya'll know, I don't go for most of the supernatural shows on TV. John "I've got a name that starts with M" Edwards, I'm looking in your direction.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dancin'hamster

• Vera Ikon

• snuffypuffer

• Cufflink

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Vera laugh.gif

Yes it is fake........outrageously fake!!!!!! wink2.gif

If you read the end credits it states that effects are used to enhance the programme......... laugh.gif

I was lucky enough to talk to a chap called Jason who went on the Draculas' Castle dare. He said they were flown out to Romania and kept in a hotel room and not allowed out or anything. They were then taken in a mini-bus to the castle, fed a load of ghost stories, and sent up there. This will have had a remarkable effect. Firstly, the adrenaline would be pumping. Then they would be extremely nervous after nearly a week of waiting. It's all psychological! Add a few hidden wires and sound effects and BINGO ~ instant ghosts!

Also, researchers and scientists have tried for many years to capture RSPK on film but to no avail. So how come a US T.V. programme manages to get all sortsof 'phenomena'?

Still, it is a good entertainment programme and I love to watch those poor people getting scared..............ummmm....criminey......that makes me sound cruel...

*wonders how to get Cuffy signed up*

Hammy x x x

*wonders how to get Cuffy signed up*

This is what I have to put up with. crying.gif

And me a scaredy, too. With a dicky heart. And bad nerves. And this terrible pain all down one side whenever the weather's cold. And......

I saw a couple shows called Scream Test, where contestants were taken to a haunted location, and they had to solve puzzles in rooms that were, supposedly, haunted. The last one standing won, basically. I loved that show. It was Australian, I think. It was on the Family Channel.

I've seen Scariest places and while I enjoyed it immensely (there's something about people screaming and terrified that makes me laugh) devil.gif I think it's probably fake.

Most haunted is my fave but even with that I reserve judgement on it's total authenticity but Yvette's hysterics (sadly rare these days) make it a must see. I still laugh about that first episode where she and the sceptical make up girl were reduced to quivering wrecks within minutes.

"What's that noise! Whoooeeuuurgh!"

ooooh Peachy ~ I LOVE Most Haunted!!!!!!!! It's fab!

I hate Alan Robson,he's just plain lame......

Yes it is fake........outrageously fake!!!!!!  wink2.gif

If you read the end credits it states that effects are used to enhance the programme......... laugh.gif

Shame on them! disgust.gif

ooooooooooooh dear............ did I spoil it for you sweetie??

sorry

dontgetit.gif

Hammy x x x

I only saw the last half of the episode at Dracula's Castle (was it Bran Castle?) and I didn't think it had much credibility to be honest, but it's still immensely enjoyable to watch for entertainment original.gif