Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Butcher turns wife into...

IhartU

SAUSAGES!!!! That's right -sausages. The following is a newspaper article from Chicago 1897:

Adolph Luetgert, Chicago's main sausage manufacturer, was a phenomenal lover, with many mistresses and a convenient bed located at his factory for occasional dalliance.

But the 250lb German immigrant's wife Louise found his infidelities intolerable.

In May, Louise's brother went to the poloce to say she had disappeared. Since Luetgert had made passionate demands that the police institute an all-out search for his missing dog some time previously, Captain Hermann Schluetter found it suspicious that he had not reported Louise's absence.

A search of the sausage factory turned up human bone fragments and Louise's wedding ring in one of the vats. Circumstantial evidence indicates that Luetgert stabbed her, boiled down the body, and put it through the sausage grinder. He has been sentenced to life inprisonment, and the citizens of Chicago are very cautious about buying sausages!

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• coldethyl

• rhyknow

• IhartU

• HarlequinDragon

I bet the people of Chicago are glad this happened in 1897, and not last week. Thats just nasty, I wonder how many people thought the sausage tasted funny. Pretty sick stuff.

They would be being cannibleistic (sp?) and not even know it...if that is possible...

second comment of mine:

and they thought I was weird...

250 lbs makes a lot of sausage.

hmmm-mmm.... It reminds me of Hilary Briss and his "special stuff"

:whistle:

hmmm-mmm.... It reminds me of Hilary Briss and his "special stuff"

:whistle:

That was the first thing I thought of too...nosebleeds!!!! ARGH! ;)

You could have turned my ex wife into many many sausages! She was rather on the large size.

God rest her fat soul.

I think I miss her.. yes, yes I do.

UGH Some people are sick how could people

actually do that? It would make me so nautious

UGH! :blink:

I bet the people of Chicago are glad this happened in 1897, and not last week. Thats just nasty, I wonder how many people thought the sausage tasted funny. Pretty sick stuff.

Living very close to Chicago, I'm very happy this didn't happen last week. :lol:

That's pretty disgusting....I wonder how she tasted? :P

Living very close to Chicago, I'm very happy this didn't happen last week. :lol:

You know how sausage has those little fat balls in it? Gross! never touch the stuff! I bet she tasted like smoked fat lady.

Like chicken.

"Adolph... Do you have any of that... Special stuff?"

(Licks lips) "It'll cost you!"

"I know it's wrong... But it just tastes soo good!"

user posted image

A possible pic of this Adolph guy? Nah just kidding it's our friendly neighborhood butcher Hilary Briss!

Edited by rhyknow

I think I am going to be sick, anyway this sounds a little like a story that aired on the Krypt keeper while I was in collage. I can’t remember the name of the episode, but it was truly gut wrenching.

Hmmmmm...... I wonder if he ate her as well as turning her into snags.There seems to be a few cases from all over the world about butchers killing people and eating them. :hmm:

I wouldn't go to all the trouble, myself. :no:

This sounds so much like something out of The Jungle.

Well there are or at least there were canables so I guess its possible. :hmm:

BTW, it goes a little off the topic, but Cannibal The Musical is hilarious!