Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

check out how big this fish is!

SkyDive

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• frogfish

• The Silver Thong

• Roj47

• kaknelson

and you should ave seen the one that got away! :rolleyes:

I've seen some big stergeon in my time, but that one takes the cake...and the candles... :huh:

I just let out a big list of expletives when I saw that... wow.

:o that would have been one hell of a work out pullin that sucker in. but fun though. I caught a 140 lb sailfish and that was a work out wow.

GOLDY! that where my goldfish wound up after being flushed down the toilet.

poor fish it must have been very old.

Something like that should be let go although I highly

doubt they will let that one go. Huge fish nice catch though.

Something like that should be let go although I highly

doubt they will let that one go. Huge fish nice catch though.

now that is what you call a workout

**right eye twitches** thats one big fish...I guess patience is a virtue (cause you need patience in fishing and I hate to fish cause I'm impatient!)

They are gonna have really big muscles now....hmmm **yells to dad** hey dad is that the fish that you said got away **dad looks around and replys after a few seconds"yes"**

lol

First of all, that fish was caught in Minnesota. It even says. Second, that sturgeon was released...more anglers than you think practice catch and release 2PAC. That would be fun to catch.

I have caught a 190 lb Sailfish, and hooked and released a marlin estimated to be around 800 lbs. It was released boastside.

There was once a time that the Snake and Columbia river used to be full of 1,500 lb sturgeon..They just don't grow that big anymore due to all the overfishing in the rivers. This is a truly great fish. I bet there are some of those still left in the Snake.

Edited by frogfish

Some more truly big fish:

user posted image

BLUE MARLIN

EVERETTE'S 1103 1/2 pound World Record on 30# test. Standing: Skipper Carl Schloderer and angler Kelley Everette Sitting: Deckhands Scott Davidson and Dom Fagundes

user posted image

"RECORD HOLDER FOR BLUEFIN TUNA - 1496 LBS.

(on rod and reel)

user posted image

1,780-pound, world record tiger shark caught by Walter Maxwell from Cherry Grove Pier in 1964. It remains to this day the only all-tackle world record ever caught in South Carolina

sturgys just freak me out

Sturgeon are fun to catch also...I caught a 30 lb sturgeon from Tippy Dam, MI.

Some more truly big fish:

user posted image

BLUE MARLIN

EVERETTE'S 1103 1/2 pound World Record on 30# test. Standing: Skipper Carl Schloderer and angler Kelley Everette Sitting: Deckhands Scott Davidson and Dom Fagundes

user posted image

"RECORD HOLDER FOR BLUEFIN TUNA - 1496 LBS.

(on rod and reel)

user posted image

1,780-pound, world record tiger shark caught by Walter Maxwell from Cherry Grove Pier in 1964. It remains to this day the only all-tackle world record ever caught in South Carolina

One of my goals in life is to land a fish over 1,000...I was 200 lbs short 2 years ago.

It's awsome they released it what would you do with it?

they released it.. that sucks..

Its called conservation...Fisherman are some of the most conservation-headed people I know. They would do anything to protect the fish and our waters. Its the right thing to do to release such a beautiful and rare creature. The only people that wouldn't are the scum of the earth-poachers.

I've seen some big stergeon in my time, but that one takes the cake...and the candles... :huh:

ive seen bigger, theres a town about 30 mins from my place called dominion city, it has a life size statue of a sturgeon that was caught in a river nearby around in between of my town and dominion city like 60 years ago, it was 15 feet long, i dont think its as heavy as the one in that pic, that one looks like a behemoth of a fatty fish but the one in dominion city is a bit longer :P

"Four anglers took turns for six hours reeling in the 11-footer that weighed more than 1000 pounds. "

That is absolutely amazing, iv'e heard of Sturgen getting that big. They catch them all along the "Frazer river" where i live, they are bottom feeders. That makes any ti-ee salmon i caught look like nothing!

Im glad they let that thing go it is ancient.

Edited by Kaknelson