Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Hall of Tortured Souls

MetallicA

Users of Microsoft Excel 95 have found something uncanny in their software. It has been removed from later versions of Microsoft Excel. If you have Excel 95 you can experience it for yourself. Here's how:

1. Open a new file.

2. Scroll down to row 95.

3. Click on the row 95 button, which will highlight the entire row.

4. Press tab to move to the second column.

5. With your mouse, click Help, then click on About Microsoft Excel.

6. Press ctrl-alt-shift and click on the Tech Support button simultaneously.

7. A window will appear with the title, Hall of Tortured Souls. The hall looks like a scene from Doom. Using your mouse, move around the chamber. On the wall you will see endless lists of names scrolling on the walls under the heading "Tortured Souls".

8. Go to the flight of stairs, walk up the stairs, then come back down and position your cursor in front of the blank wall and type in EXCELKFA.

9. The blank wall will open and reveal a secret passage. Move down the passage, be careful not to fall off the edge. At the end of the passage a terrible secret will be revealed to you. ( I don't know the secret!!!)

has anyone tried this, whats the secret?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MetallicA

• darkninja

• Skinwalkers Haunted Woods 2005

• jagerthorn

that is so so cool to bad i don't have microsoft exel 95.

I love stuff like that :D

To bad I don't have 95, eh, I did find a site that had some screenshots of it, looked alot like doom but a tad less graphically intense.

Makes you wonder what other stuff people have embedded into they're programs. Thing that sucks tho is there's really no way to uncover it unless you know what you're looking for.

Interesting, now if only there was some way that I could see this Wall of Death in action! :)

:D How do people manage to find these things? :w00t:

It would be nice to get some screen-shots of this "Hall Of Tortured Souls", :tu:

To get make screen shots, press your "print screen" button, it should be near your number pad to the right. And Right next to F12. Then go to paint and then edit, and then paste.

--Just for those who didnt know but have Excel 95 :D

• 3 months later...

I tried it, as soon as the program or w/e started to do something i creeped out, p***ed myself and ran.... I was like 10 at the time soooooo i was told it was creepy.

I think these types of rumors are great, until I find out there is no way to find out all the details! Many years and upgrades later the actual answer has probably been long gone. :hmm: That is a great site Jester. Not sure if it actually reveals the last scary detail though. Does it?

Edited by RollingThunder06

lol...I highly doubt this is true...MS have many terrible secrets im sure, but stealing a scene from Doom? Unlikely >_<

I saw it once on tv and it did look like a scene from Doom. I don't remember too much about it though:-p

I saw it once on tv and it did look like a scene from Doom. I don't remember too much about it though:-p

I never heard of it, but it is interesting. Too bad it's nothing creepy though, it's just weird happy people pictures.

Too bad my one old crappy computer isn't old nor crappy enough to try this lol.

lol...I highly doubt this is true...MS have many terrible secrets im sure, but stealing a scene from Doom? Unlikely >_<

Edit: A google search found me this:

http://www.eeggs.com/items/719.html

Nice link....kind of eerie though.... :unsure2:

Yeah, too bad this easteregg caused MS Excel to be a huge file. It was a waste of file space and pretty stupid... I guess it was exciting if you found it back in 95, but I heard about it like five years ago, used my grandma's computer to try it, and it was stupid as hell....

old news...

cool, gotta see if i can find comp w/ exel 95 to try it...

The phrase "Hall of Tortured Souls" would have sounded less mysterious than "the Hall of the designers". They were refering to themselves as the "Tortured Souls" because of the agrevation involved in making 95. I guess that it was thier way of signing it with out putting up a long list of names that no one would ever read. Many of us have actually gone through all this trouble thinking that it was something spooky and instead, ended up reading the credits any how!

• 7 months later...
I love stuff like that :D

To bad I don't have 95, eh, I did find a site that had some screenshots of it, looked alot like doom but a tad less graphically intense.

Makes you wonder what other stuff people have embedded into they're programs. Thing that sucks tho is there's really no way to uncover it unless you know what you're looking for.

I know another one. Supposedly (I don't have Microsoft Word, so I don't know if it works or not) if you go to the thesaurus and type in "I hope Microsoft will rule the world" it will say "I should say so."

And if you type in "Kill all fags" it will say "Kill by beheading", if you type in "All Jews must die" it will say "All over", and if you say "I'd like all the dikes dead" it will say "I'll drink to that".

Got it from an Urban Legends book. Somebody with Microsoft word should try it.

• 3 years later...
  • 2 months later...
I know another one. Supposedly (I don't have Microsoft Word, so I don't know if it works or not) if you go to the thesaurus and type in "I hope Microsoft will rule the world" it will say "I should say so."

And if you type in "Kill all fags" it will say "Kill by beheading", if you type in "All Jews must die" it will say "All over", and if you say "I'd like all the dikes dead" it will say "I'll drink to that".

Got it from an Urban Legends book. Somebody with Microsoft word should try it.

Just tried it out on 2007 edition (gullable me) and it didn't work, just brought up the meaning of "i" because it's the first letter in the phrase.

At the end of the bridge there is a room with staff pictures and a list of names, now you know what is at the end of it.

It does exist, it is essentially a hall that leads to a picture of the developers,artists etc. With there names on it.