Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Can ghosts travel?

Vera Ikon

We've all heard of spirits/demons/presences that can be summoned through rituals or even Ouji boards. But has anyone ever heard of a ghost previously "anchored" to a specific site following a live person back to their home and "setting up housekeeping", as it were? I've heard of maybe 2 instances where a family moved to a house, found it haunted, moved out, and had the ghost follow them to their new home! However, I suspect that in those cases, the "ghost" was actually a family member (either the mom or dad) playing some sick controlling game with their family, or just trying to get attention. However, I'm wondering about the presence I seemed to have encountered in Tennessee (see my other post)...I haven't talked about the incident since spring break ended, and thinking about what happened and recalling the girl's name today seems to have brought back the bad feeling I had when I was down in TN. I'm probably just scaring myself here, but I'm feeling a little insecure. I've got plenty of neighbors in my building that I can go hang with, so I don't have to be alone here, but I just want some feedback and reassurance. Thanks guys!

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vera Ikon

• Agent_21

• Cufflink

• dancin'hamster

Top Posters In This Topic

Um, what I'm about to say, Vera, probably won't be totally reassuring, but it might just be an isolated case.

I remember hearing a story told by British paranormal investigator, Anthony Shaeffer. After investigating a haunting, a spirit/entity `followed' him home, and started to make it's presence known, around his house.

I do remember hearing at a later date that the spirit had gone, but I couldn't say if it had left on it's own, returning to it's original site, or whether steps had been taken to remove it.

Well, we're talking a very significant lapse in time here. It's been 7 months since that trip. That's 7 months full of no strange feelings, no odd occurences-- just life as usual. I think just recalling the experience so vividly for all of you stirred up the old feelings. If it's any consolation, I don't plan on every visiting that place again!

Seven months? In that case, Vera, I reckon you must be okay, then. Surely you would have seen or felt something by now, had anything followed you home.

I can understand why you wouldn't want to go back, too. Why put yourself through all that worry again.

Yes, I think my imagination was just running away with me! I feel better now, but a little silly... whistling2.gif

Yes they can. I'll tell you about one later; and it's really scarey!!!

A:21

Yes ~ as mentioned in a previous thread !!

Me and a group of friends got something and it latched onto us.

The jist of the story is in the ouija board thread I think........

Hammy x x x

Yes, please go ahead and tell the story/stories now! I'm over my little scare (thanks guys- I'm such a baby!). I'm sure these stories have some valuble info to help others avoid a similar experience.

I don't want to scare Vera after she's been reassured. I honestly don't think you have anything to worry about after all this time though.

A:21

When I'm walking upstairs, I feel something watching and following me until I get all the way up.

I've been followed home from an investigation before, too. It wouldn't go away and it took a lot of hard work to get rid of it.

But, that was my first investigation and I walked in blind and naive, and I have learned to be better protected for the future original.gif

I've been followed home from an investigation before, too. It wouldn't go away and it took a lot of hard work to get rid of it.

But, that was my first investigation and I walked in blind and naive, and I have learned to be better protected for the future original.gif

Batty!!!!

Really?

You never told me this! Heck, don't be taking back any ghosts from The Crown on Saturday will ya? They need the ghosties!

Hammy x x x

Thanks for your concern, Agent, but I'm really totally okay now. In the few days I've been involved with this forum, I've already started to get over my fear of ghosts and the paranormal, which I'm really happy about. I originally poseted this thread to get feedback on my situation, but if someone's got a "traveling ghost" story to share, please do!

Ok, I'll put on the story of 'Isabelle, She followed them home'. scared.gif