Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Anti-aging molecule discovered

UM-Bot

I think people confuse the potential for longer life span with actually living.

If for example you where to be hit by a lorry or fall of a great height you would still die regardless of any molecules delaying the aging process. That is the same for disease and of course pre-meditated death.

Now how many people you know that die of natural causes these days...???

Truth is that it will affect the population as such but I suppose a birth control program should compensate (a fair trade I would think). Actually the majority of the human population lies in the underdeveloped countries so as long as they tackle those to match their standards it would also restrict the rise in numbers.

In nature population control comes for a number of factors ranging from disease, nutritional caps and natural disasters. Not much will change apart from socuial dynamics in my opinion.

A valid point Bio-mage. The cells may rejuvenate, but that will not stop all forms of disease from occurring.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nadal

• snuffypuffer

• Bearly

• timmy13

The wealthy elitists will be able to afford it while the masses continue to grow old. Poor and old or young and rich, life in the 21st cencury.

Well, everyone can't be immortal. There isn't enough room or resources unless births were stopped.

Humans have discovered plenty of cures for some really nasty diseases, and I fail to see how "nature" strikes back.

Nature has striked back by new diseases and viruses. There have been plenty of new ones poping up throughout the ages that culls the population.

A Sunami (Bad Spelling) would be considered 'nature' and it wiped out a heap of people. That and other disasters could be seen as one of natures ways of population control.

I would defenetly want to live forever. I can't understand how anybody could become board of life. Although I think my ego would swell if I knew that barring some accident I had eternal life. I already have an ego problem already and I haven't even earned it.

I think I would continue with my current path until I had acheived my goal of financial independance, amassing a large enough amount of investments that it would be able to sustain me indefenetly.

I would continue my first life as normal, so that I would get to know my grand kids. After the first person that I marry dies or divorces me I would disapear, changing my identity and getting plastic sugery. Starting in my home country and then going to the next and to the next until I had visited every city in the world.

I would stay in the cities if I fell in love or if there was a lot to explore, until again the person I loved passed on. I wouldn't leave for the sake of escaping, but only once everything I could do was done.

I would be a bum in one city and an ellite in another, a star sports player in the next and then an actor, a poet an artist and an engineer, a philosopher and a mathematician, a technologist and an ecologist, a doctor and a nurse, a street sweeper and a ditch digger, a factory worker and a street cleaner a CEO and an acountant.

I would learn every language on the earth and every religon, and as the world changed I could do it all over again. I am sure I would need psycho therapy to ensure that I didn't become confused and learn how to store and access my memories properly. Learning how to control my emotions of love and past regrets would also become a daily meditation process. Which would make taking jobs such as street sweeping a good transition job to allow me to meditate for a while before starting a new life.

I think a lot people would go crazy in their own memories and that would be the big challenge. For example what if along the way you went crazy? You would be impossible for anybody to capture with lifetimes of experiance to draw on to allow you to illude anybody.

Edited by WoDoByMe

:unsure: Sounds expensive. But what we really need is an invincibility molecule or whatever.

TeraLink Was Here! :P

I guess this was a matter of time, this is and has been the ultimate goal of the medicine, try to avoid death, but once again we try to play GOD..., its like the clonation...FAILURE until now, also it didnt actually said that i will stop completly the death cells...maybe we can expand our life span, but im still doubtful about it, if they havent found the cure for cancer, the cure of aids and all that stuff, they now found the source of youth??? Edited by zarvirus

I guess this was a matter of time, this is and has been the ultimate goal of the medicine, try to avoid death, but once again we try to play GOD..., its like the clonation...FAILURE until now, also it didnt actually said that i will stop completly the death cells...maybe we can expand our life span, but im still doubtful about it, if they havent found the cure for cancer, the cure of aids and all that stuff, they now found the source of youth???

Simple. Cancer, aids, and other diseases are disorders and diseases. Meaning they mutate over time. The cells and chemical reactions which age us biologically will never change from its current state, unless we make it do so. Therefore, we could change it and it'll stay that way. Aids, cancer, and other diseases mutate to 'slip' by our blockades. Also, if you've read upon on AIDS, they're working on a pill that prevents AIDS. It's all a matter of time dear freind, just a matter of time. Also, we're not playing god. Aging death is just the same as any other death. A problem and should be fixed and eleminated. This doesn't make us invulnerable, just immortal if we keep ourselves safe from biological and physical harm. Also, the only reason cloning failed is because Christian heretics and fundamentalist made it fail.

Edited by Nadal

By extending his life George W. Bush could become President for 3 or 4 more terms.

See there is a down side! :hmm:

What if it has terrible face mutating side effects?

You mean... like aging?

What makes you think death is a bad thing? It's totally natural, probably the most important thing we'll ever do, aside from being born. This idea we get that death is somehow unnatural and wrong comes from the fact that it's the ultimate mystery. Nobody knows exactly what happens when we die, so therefore it must be something scary that we have to keep at bay. I don't buy this for a moment. We might prolong our lives, but one day we all have to die. It's just the way we work. Think about it... do you really want to live forever? I don't. I'd like to come back and have everything new again. :yes:

Simple. Cancer, aids, and other diseases are disorders and diseases. Meaning they mutate over time. The cells and chemical reactions which age us biologically will never change from its current state, unless we make it do so. Therefore, we could change it and it'll stay that way. Aids, cancer, and other diseases mutate to 'slip' by our blockades. Also, if you've read upon on AIDS, they're working on a pill that prevents AIDS. It's all a matter of time dear freind, just a matter of time. Also, we're not playing god. Aging death is just the same as any other death. A problem and should be fixed and eleminated. This doesn't make us invulnerable, just immortal if we keep ourselves safe from biological and physical harm. Also, the only reason cloning failed is because Christian heretics and fundamentalist made it fail.

What makes you think death is a bad thing? It's totally natural, probably the most important thing we'll ever do, aside from being born. This idea we get that death is somehow unnatural and wrong comes from the fact that it's the ultimate mystery. Nobody knows exactly what happens when we die, so therefore it must be something scary that we have to keep at bay. I don't buy this for a moment. We might prolong our lives, but one day we all have to die. It's just the way we work. Think about it... do you really want to live forever? I don't. I'd like to come back and have everything new again. :yes:

Well, I'm not going to take the chance of my reincarnationist beliefs being incorrect. Besides, atleast I can say I mastered more stuff than any mortal could! If I can say that with truth, I'll be happy. :w00t:

Kinda like that new Frankenstein TV series, which is a disgrace. Anyways! Being a anti-aging and immortality buff myself I cried when I read this. Tears of joy, that we've made the biggest leap in anti-aging science, in history. However, if they ARE lying about this...I'm seriously going to South Korea to judicate some sinners mouths!

the leading scientist in charge is well known and well respected... i assure you this is not a hoax. he has proven himself a genious on more than one occasion. I am overjoyed myself with this news...but this will not cure aging. this is only 1 link in the chain, but i am still quite excited to see progress.

Timothy

btw...there is no such thing as natural when you talk about scientific intervention...but im pretty sure if it would save your life you would do almost anything...unless of course you dont enjoy life...to that all i have to say is get out of our way.

By extending his life George W. Bush could become President for 3 or 4 more terms.

See there is a down side! :hmm:

People can only be president for 2 terms. That wouldn't change with extended lifespans :rolleyes:

I know the law was changed as to how long a president can serve after Eisenhower. But remember new laws are written an passed every day , most of which people dont know or care about.

To topic. The general opinion With Anti Aging is that the longer you live , the more intelligent you become. That would make your Grand Parents very smart , but I detect some of our younger members not believing this. Why the difference in thinking? :mellow:

• 2 months later...

I am VERY surprised at all of you!! Can no one see one HUGE side effect??? What happens when the body dies??? Will the cells imbued with this drug keep living?? Does anyone know what this term is called?? Its called a freaking ZOMBIE!!! These poeple are engineering possible undead!! I REALLY don't want my nightmares that I've been having for the past 15 years to come true. I guess its time to sharpen my swords and buy a damn 12g shotgun....... This crap better not make it to the market at all. I REALLY don't want to start blowing the heads off of family and friends that can't stay dead.

The CGK virus has been created!!!

Remember everyone, the best ways to kill a zombie is to either scever it's spinal cord or massive trauma to the brain.

Happy Hunting everyone!!!!

Edited by UtahRaptor