Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Aunt Jane

gonzowalker

I was thinking about an old ghost story that my great-grandfather used to tell us. I didn't think that I would find anything about it on the net!

LINK

He used to live near there when he was very young, I think he was born in 1903, and everyone there (according to him) accepted the ghost as fact.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cufflink

• gonzowalker

• snuffypuffer

Top Posters In This Topic

I've only just, in the last few years, begun to notice just how many ghosts there are connected with the American Civil War. We're the same, over here, in blighty, having a huge number of hauntings tracing their origin back to our civil war.

It makes sense, really, all that bloodshed, rage, and strong emotions, with families and friends turning against one another.

If the Confederate and Union troops were camped close to each other, they would often play games of horseshoes and cards. That would be terrible to play poker with a friend one evening, then have to shoot at him the next morning.

True words, Gonzo. That extra emotional pain experienced during civil wars, of friend against friend, family against family. No wonder there are so many civil war ghosts on both sides of the pond.

Here's an idea for two new topics...American Civil war ghosts! English Civil war ghosts!

Anyone?