Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A sixth sense for a wired world

UM-Bot

news icon rWhat if, seconds before your laptop began stalling, you could feel the hard drive spin up under the load? Or you could tell if an electrical cord was live before you touched it? For the few people who have rare earth magnets implanted in their fingers, these are among the reported effects -- a finger that feels electromagnetic fields along with the normal sense of touch.

news icon View: Full Article | Source: Wired

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dando Kast

• TheLikeness

• ex infernis

• Griffon

I know this is gonna sound odd... but I'm one of the ones who can feel these fields, first time I noticed was when I was 16... my boss for the summer job I had wanted me to go shut off a breaker that cut the power to the fair grounds we were working on... I went in the room...it was a little dark and I seen a switch so I went to grab it and pull down.... I got about a foot away when my hand just started feeling tense. It probably saved my life.... now I can tell whenever a TV is on just by the electro magnetic field the tube creates...... and can someone do me a favour... take a pencil, pen...soemthing long and slender.... hold it your hand with your arm out and point the tip inbetween and just above your eyes(and move it towards you).... do you feel anything?... I always get very odd tingles.....no matter who does it...

Edited by Dando Kast

I thought everyone could sense electro magnetic fields?

Or i am i just not understanding the article?

Meh.

I can, but with my ears. I can tell whenever some one turns omn any electric applience in my house. And, whenever some one comes into my house.

I thought everyone could sense electro magnetic fields?

Or i am i just not understanding the article?

Meh.

Not everyone is tuned the same though...... so others will feel it more...

I can, but with my ears. I can tell whenever some one turns omn any electric applience in my house. And, whenever some one comes into my house.

yea, me 2. What is that? I mean, there has to be some sort of logical expl. for it.

I recieved electrical shocks at work because of faulty Grounding in power cables. This made me sensitive to Magnetism as well. I always assumed it was my body taking precautionary measures to help prevent future shocks.

I also stop old style watches with springs and timing wheels. Thank God for Liquid Crystal Watches. :tu:

• 2 weeks later...

Interestingly, even i can report that i am somewhat attune to electronic fields in the air. I don't believe there's anything special about it, perhaps it's simply just an accute sense of surroundings. But yes, i can always tell when there is a TV on anywhere in a home even if it's set to a black screen and on a different floor.

I'm sure it's something normal we just don't fully understand yet, because humans have never before had so many electronic devices in their everyday lives.

Humans have always been sensitive to electromagnetic fields, what's new? Although, modern man has lost this sensitivity a bit because he's always around electronic devices that bombard him with electromagnetic waves.

• 6 years later...