Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Search for Extra Terrestrial Lifeforms

pappagooch

I was watching a few shows last night regarding the search for extraterrestrials. Most astronomers, scientists, etc... tend to look for planets and moons with favorable conditions to sustain life using our planet as a reference... i.e. H2O, in hopes that life could potentially exist in that location. Now why do most people believe that life can only stem from water (I understand that all animals on our planet, including ourselves, are water based life forms)? Is it unfathomable that a conscious entity might not be a “water based life form” and could actually consist of a different chemical composition than we do? And that possibly this entity could thrive in environmental conditions we could never exist in? Hmmmmm

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pappagooch

• Phantom

• Diamond JO

• ROSWELL

Life actually originated in space before matter existed, this is why there are microbes on mars, just remnants of the creation process. Get out of the dark ages, give science the flick

Get out of the dark ages, give science the flick

Or pseudo science... mellow.gif

this is why there are microbes on mars, just remnants of the creation process.

Hmmmm... Isn't it a current ~Theory~ that H2O was plentiful on Mars?... thus the primary reason that "microbes" had been "created"? And where is the documented proof that "Life" (that scientists are currently searching for outside of our planet) actually originated in space before "matter" was created????? Am I missing something?

If there are Aliens, which I mean other intelligent life forms besides us in this univers, its impossible to know what specific chemical they rely on.

I mean, if they're visiting earth, so they're probably based on h2o. But yet again, maybe the reason they havent exposed themselves till now is they can't survive in our enviroment.

And btw, that one thing that really annoyed me in the movie Signs is the fact that those visitors are sensitive to water. What they have to look for on our planet, its made of 2 thirds water! They didn't bring any protection! No air filters, masks, biochemical suits, NOTHING! It's like entering the middle of a Nerve-gas fog without any BC suit! thumbdown.gifthumbdown.gifthumbdown.gif

I for one, although I am no scientist and I have no physical proof, prefer to totally believe that there is other life in this universe. I mean, of all the solar systems in the universe, it is , in my opinion, highly likely that there is another planet on which life does exist. My belief is that we would be totally arrogant to believe that Earth is the only planet that can sustain lifeforms, not to mention intelligent life.

Although our planet has just the right amount of everything to support life, isn't it conceivable that there is, somewhere else in this universe, another solar system with a planet that also has just the right conditions to support life? What these beings need to survive is something that none of us can even begin to attempt a guess at. As someone else mentioned in a previous post, perhaps there are other forms of life that require other kinds of conditions to be created and exist. Our evolution as a planet and all its life took the courses that it did to adapt to the conditions on our planet. I say this to say that one can almost be sure that life on other planets would have done the same...but to their planet's conditions.

~peace~