Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Walsinggam Haunting

colorless

THE GHOSTS THAT PLAGUED THE WALSINGHAM FAMILY'S HOME IN GEORGIA, U.S.A, IN 1891 DID EVERYTHING THEY COULD TO SCARE MR WALSINGHAM, HIS CHILDREN AND EVEN HIS PETS

When the Walsingham family moved into a new house in Georgia, U.S.A, none of them believed in ghosts. But the things that happened to them there were to change their minds forever.

LOUND LAUGHTER

The trouble started in 1891, when the Walsinghams began to hear noises at night. At first they thought the screaming and laughing must be coming from next door. But as the wailing grew louder and the laughter grew more evil, they began to get scared. The family dog often barked at a strange presence, and once he was grabbed by a mysterious force and thrown to the ground. The cat, meanwhile, had his fur stroked by an invisible hand.

SHOULDER SHOCK

One night, the youngest girl was sitting in front of a mirror when she felt a touch on her shoulder. Turning around, she saw a ghostly hand lying there. But there was no reflection of the ghost in the mirror. She screamed, and the hand vanished. Meanwhile, Mr. Walsinghamd was followed by an invisible ghost. He was its foorptints on the ground beside him.

DINNER DISASTER

The last straw came when a dinner party at the Walsingham house turned into a nightmare. As the guests sat around the tabke, they head a loud groan from upstairs. Then blood began to drip from the ceiling onto the tablecloth.

Nothing was found in the room above, or anywhere in the house, to explain the drops of blood. But by this time the Walsinghams had had enough. They moved immediately.

FRIGHTFUL FACE

The house stood empty, until a man named Horace Gunn decided to spend a night there to investigate. He fell asleep easily, but later he woke with a start. Floating above him was a disembodied human head, dripping with blood with an ugly, ghoulish expression.

Gunn was so scared, he couldn't scream. He stumbled out of bed and into the hall. But as he ran, he felt an icy cold, invisible hand grabbing his throat. He fainted, and lay in the hall until the next day.

This experience haunted Gunn fro life. But from that day on, the Walsingham ghosts were gone for good.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cufflink

• dancin'hamster

• colorless

• Panch

That very unpleasant story seems vaguely familiar to me, Siphis. I'm sure I heard it in my younger days, but I can't think where.

I had this story in my 'Hamelyn Book Of Ghosts' when I was ikkle.....it was my fave tongue.gif

Sounds a bit like The Bell Witch, apart from the blood on the table-cloth bit!

Hammy x x x

I had this story in my 'Hamelyn Book Of Ghosts' when I was ikkle.....it was my fave  tongue.gif

I've a pretty good idea that's where I saw it, Hammy.

Either that, or The Junior Scaredy's Book of Slightly Scaredy Stories for Big Scaredy's. tongue.gif

LMAOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

laugh.gif

• 4 years later...

I've read this story in two different books... about 8 years ago, when still in elementary school... but I only remembered "Walsingham", "Gunn" and "Floating head". :P

Can you tell me where I can find anything on this? I've been searching, but I've not found it referenced online except now! How come it's in two books and mentioned here, but not anywhere else? Where did you quote this from? I've been searching as hard as a could, but not found a thing!