Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Would It KILL You To Believe In God ?

exeller

Heres a question for you: Would it kill you to leave us alone?

You cannont force us to believe in God and you shouldn't call us wrong for not believing in him.

I believe the universe was created by science and thats what i will carrying on believing. Are are we forceing you to stop believing in God? Are we questioning you beliefs in anyway? NO. So leave us alone!

Edited by Keira

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• exeller

• ragus

• Beckys_Mom

• zandore

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Even those who believe in god are reincarnated

It's better to have believed in god and died to find out he didnt exist;(and loose nothing) then to lived your life believing he didn't exist and die to find out He did(and loose everything).

Why would anyone who did not believe in him loose everything?. I would think it would be the other way round. What if god is not real and all that time praying, worshipping and showing all that love and devotion to a being that in the end did not exist? all that time wasted for nothing praying to something that was never there and realizing that there is no heaven to go too. Your hopes broken and shattered. I think it would be those who believe in him/she/it that would have the rough end of the deal if god did not exist.

hope that does not offend you :tu:

Why would anyone who did not believe in him loose everything?. I would think it would be the other way round. What if god is not real and all that time praying, worshipping and showing all that love and devotion to a being that in the end did not exist? all that time wasted for nothing praying to something that was never there and realizing that there is no heaven to go too. Your hopes broken and shattered. I think it would be those who believe in him/she/it that would have the rough end of the deal if god did not exist.

Not to mention nuns and priests. Think what they'd be missing out on! :o

Perhaps the question this thread poses would not be necessary, if zealots didn't give cause to disbelieve in the god of their ideal!

If man is created in god's image, consider the impression zealous rage provides as an example of that believer, when that one proclaims to know god and to know what they're talking about when they speak so about others created, that think differently than they approve.

Imagine then what it really is that the zealous seek to convert of every one else,unto that one way of thinking and what it is that they are really screaming for and at, when they behave so; the affirmation that they're right and to assuage the fear they are not alone in thinking that way!

Then imagine the terror inside as they realize the challenge that lay ahead. Outnumbered by a world population that thinks for themselves. What dedication to commit one's behaviors to the faith that one believes commands that every one in the world must see things one way, in order for the world to be at peace. And then imagine the likelihood of that happening in anyone's lifetime! (Not that there hasn't been oceans of blood spilled already trying to make that thought a reality mind you!)

If one's faith brings them peace, they do not find cause to war on matters of faith for others.

"Have you heard of Jesus!?"

Yes! He was said to be a man of great heart and compassion and told us to love our fellow human beings as we love ourselves.

It's sad that he would not recognize his message in many of his faithful today. For the lamb of god has been sacrificed yet again, to the blood lust of ego that calls itself, zealot! :no:

Really, would it kill you to believe in God?

yes, yes it would

So much rambling, I can barely make heads and tails of what youve typed.

Rambling??? Why would you say, he was rambling??...if he was rambling..then why bother to respond to his post?? I don't get it?..I mean you say you couldn't make head not tail from what he has said...if this is true ..umm why throw the lil hissy fit?? :hmm:

I mean are you just a tad annoyed because Stellar has thrown up an efortless side to his views on why he doesn't feel he needs to believe and worship God?? Does that get to you??...

Ok hun...when you are done reading this along with the others...go out of this board...read the top of it and you will find it reads ---> Spirituality V's Skepticism...meaning the board will be full of skeptics too...meaning they will share their opinion, like it or not...HONESTLY GO LOOK :yes:

And obviously youve chosen to be ignorant of what ive already typed, Yes ive prooved god exists with logic, it. I see not one valid point from you.

Good day, illogicle Person.

Looks like you too have chosen to be ignorant to his own personal views..yup...you sure have......and btw hun...logic does not prove God exists...nothing proves it...we just BELIEVE..have what's called FAITH..thats why what you follow is called a...FAITH wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :clap: ohh and I think you might be trying to call him an illogical person arent you LOL practice what you preach...you should respect his opinions too :tu:

hmmm a circle has a beginning and an end? then, by definition, it ISN'T a circle.

But, in your own mind, you have "proven" your "logic". Even though you haven't.

Aww JM I was going to say that...darn it LOL :w00t:

Edited by Beckys_Mom

to the OP, why beleive in something, that in my opinion doesn't even exist. I don't want to waste my life worshipping something that i feel doesn't exist, I'd rather live my life. :tu:

Religion has changed i don't believe it is growing i think it is dying with each new generation more non believers start to appearer out of the masses of believers and begin to grow in numbers and question if GOD is real at all which i believe frightens and angers most of the believers because GODS children are growing up and don't need to rely on daddy anymore. They don't need to look to him for guidance they don't need to give him praise everyday or thank him all the time or at every meal. They look after themselves and if they make a mistake they suffer the consequences if there are any and deal with it. Every week i have someone trying to convert me to christanity or scientology because i live next to a church. Don't get me wrong i appreciate that they ask me to join there cause but when i explain i Don't believe i have mixed reactions of outrage and pity from them. It has got to a point in my eyes that the different religious groups are trying to convert and gather people to there cause not for the sake of a entity known as GOD but in my opinion just to get one over on other religions and try and be top dog. I really hope this has not offended it is just my opinion

You cannont force us to believe in God and you shouldn't call us wrong for not believing in him.

I believe the universe was created by science and thats what i will carrying on believing. Are are we forceing you to stop believing in God? Are we questioning you beliefs in anyway? NO. So leave us alone!

I once made a thread asking you NB's why you dont pray and have you ever tried it...I got some great feedback...yea honesly...see sweetie this is a discussion board...people believe it or not are allowed to ask these kind of questions...you will get usedto it..heck I will ask those kind of questions all the time...don't mean that I want you to believe in God like I do...heck I dont give a toss if you do or not (plz note I am not trying to be rude sorry) but I really don't care look see, if everyone stopped believing..i'll still believe...and i'll still ask all questions...if everyone stopped believing alltogether..all the more people to ask questions to :w00t: so lighten up :tu:

It's not a question of..asking simply ..why do NB's not believe...its how one would word his question....thats what rubs people up the wrong way....they tend to make their questions look as though, they are looking down at you NB's....when it is much easier to ask the simple straight forward..why dont you believe question...if you ask a straight forward question...you will get a straight forward answer...if you dont and you throw in some arrogance with you questionss..you will get arrogance right back at ya :w00t:

Edited by Beckys_Mom

Wow! nice to see someone with sense...

But as I say, live and let live... practice what you want i'll just sit back and giggle

Lol here is a question for you: is exe11er not allowed to ask a question?

no offence to you i dont want to upset you of course. I agree he could of rephrased that question a little better instead of making it seem like he is talking down to us and treating us like children and it does make him seem arrogant but he is allowed to ask even if it was in a jerky kind of way. :tu::w00t::tu:

Edited by chaoszerg

Lol here is a question for you: is exe11er not allowed to ask a question?

no offence to you i dont want to upset you of course. I agree he could of rephrased that question a little better instead of making it seem like he is talking down to us and treating us like children and it does make him seem arrogant but he is allowed to ask even if it was in a jerky kind of way. :tu::w00t::tu:

Ya big copy cat LOL I've just said that :w00t::P

Ya big copy cat LOL I've just said that :w00t::P

lol did not notice sorry

scratch that one :w00t: ignore it lol.

curse you becky for getting there before me!!!! :angry2: :tu:

lol did not notice sorry

scratch that one :w00t: ignore it lol.

curse you becky for getting there before me!!!! :angry2: :tu:

user posted imageLOL :D

Been Gone a while. Now that I'm back, feel free to complain to me about anything as much as you want, now would be a great time.

Well, probably not, but why take the chance :D

Too bad science cant disprove Gods existence huh?

It's prefectly fine, when you're dead you can't complain :tu:

Religion has changed i don't believe it is growing i think it is dying with each new generation

I wonder why. Maybe they want to become a part of the crowd. Or maybe they want to follow their parents. Or earthly desires just prove too much. If you think religion is dying, you haven't been to europe. Also, I wouldn't be worrying about religion dying. Jesus should be returning in about 5-10 years. After WW3 that is. Please don't bach me for my beliefs.

Jesus should be returning in about 5-10 years. After WW3 that is. Please don't bach me for my beliefs.

Where does it say that?

Rambling??? Why would you say, he was rambling??...if he was rambling..then why bother to respond to his post?? I don't get it?..I mean you say you couldn't make head not tail from what he has said...if this is true ..umm why throw the lil hissy fit?? :hmm:

I mean are you just a tad annoyed because Stellar has thrown up an efortless side to his views on why he doesn't feel he needs to believe and worship God?? Does that get to you??...

Ok hun...when you are done reading this along with the others...go out of this board...read the top of it and you will find it reads ---> Spirituality V's Skepticism...meaning the board will be full of skeptics too...meaning they will share their opinion, like it or not...HONESTLY GO LOOK :yes:

Looks like you too have chosen to be ignorant to his own personal views..yup...you sure have......and btw hun...logic does not prove God exists...nothing proves it...we just BELIEVE..have what's called FAITH..thats why what you follow is called a...FAITH wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :clap: ohh and I think you might be trying to call him an illogical person arent you LOL practice what you preach...you should respect his opinions too :tu:

Aww JM I was going to say that...darn it LOL :w00t:

Theres a hissy fit if ive ever seen one, I <3 all the bold and "eeeeeeeeeeeee"'s :tu:

:rolleyes: and as far as a circle having an end it does, if you dont understand what I said, I understand (even though it takes not much energy to do so). Nothing else i say at this point will matter because you will not listen, just like you didnt listen to anything I've already said, but in the end we shall see, even though Ive proven god exists.

I could prove all day but if you choose to be ignorant, Ignorant you shall be.

Good luck in life. and there-after :tu:

Edited by Desty

Do I really have to explain?

Well....yeah. Why wouldn't you? It's not like it's obvious where that's from..:unsure:

and as far as a circle having an end it does, if you dont understand what I said, I understand (even though it takes not much energy to do so). Nothing else i say at this point will matter because you will not listen, just like you didnt listen to anything I've already said, but in the end we shall see, even though Ive proven god exists.

A circle does not have a beginning or an end, that's why it's a circle. You have not actually proven a single thing. All you have said is that since you think that the only cause for the universe's existence could be god, so that means he definetely exists. Don't talk down to people and assume they don't understand-it's your logic that's flawed. There is no possible way to prove either the existence or non-existence of a god. It's all about how you reason it to yourself. Everybody just leave everyone else alone. This topic is one big troll machine and I'm requesting it to be closed.

oh but apprently the bible can?!!!!!! :rolleyes::P:rofl::lol:

i wholeheartedly believe in Science at least it has EVIDENCE that things are real lol

so when is WW3 starting? i see we have another 'prophet' on our hands. please warn me so i may be able to fully join with the anti-christ's army and lead the rebellion against this :):gun:

when we win you may be spared lol :)

Edited by Kahrie

but in the end we shall see, even though Ive proven god exists.

No you didn't.

Do I really have to explain?

Yup. It's one thing to say the end times are drawing near. It's a whole different story to say it's happening in a few years on a specific time for sure. Not to mention that WW3 is upon us. Most people who've said that throughout history were wrong. Reeeeaaaally wrong.

Edited by ivytheplant

Too bad you cant prove gods existence.

Jesus should be returning in about 5-10 years. After WW3 that is.

Why do you say that? I rather doubt it. I'd love it for you to still be around in 10 years so that I can see what you say then.

Maybe thats why people turn away from religion? Because they see people like you who cover their ears and sing "LALALALALALALALALA" out loud while intermittently calling the rest of us deaf and ignorant. Perhaps they're scared religion might turn them into people like you.

exe11er Posted Today, 08:45 PM

ummmm, since when has science's goal been to disprove the existance of god?

Did I miss a staff meeting again?

Mr. Fahrenheit Posted Today, 10:28 PM

There is no possible way to prove either the existence or non-existence of a god. It's all about how you reason it to yourself.Everybody just leave everyone else alone. This topic is one big troll machine and I'm requesting it to be closed.

Then we might as well close down the whole board.

It is a forum for the open debate of topics. If there has been any offensive behavior, I'm sure the mods will lock it down. But, to request a thread be closed just because there is no consensus of opinion, is assinine. For many of us, it is interesting and informative to learn WHAT people think as much as WHY they think it.

No you didn't.

Yup. It's one thing to say the end times are drawing near. It's a whole different story to say it's happening in a few years on a specific time for sure. Not to mention that WW3 is upon us. Most people who've said that throughout history were wrong. Reeeeaaaally wrong.

Kudos to you Ivytheplant :tu: you are absolutely correct he has not yet proven the exsistance of God (please refraim from using the cliche lines:

1. "oh just look around us this is God's work"' :rolleyes::rofl: yeah a nice one proves nothing but there is nature and materials around us, so far this is proof that EVOLUTION exists ^_^:clap:

2. "it's God's work because the bible says so" :wacko: if i wrote down in a book that i was the one that created eveything, would you believe me???? NO