Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Would It KILL You To Believe In God ?

exeller

I don't think it's fair to take the p*** out of those that believe in God because they follow their bible...come on guys it's a faith...I dont believe in the bible, but I can understand as to why billions of people do...

I am not saying I believe the bible must be right...cuz those of you that know me KNOW I don't...but I can accept those that do....there is no harm in believing a book like the bible..if they want to so be it....the topic starter had a right to ask the question...YES ..I agree he worded it wrong to gain these kind of replies...but don't y'all think it's high time it was knocked on the head?? :huh:

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• exeller

• ragus

• Beckys_Mom

• zandore

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah, but I think it's a tad hypocritical of christians who go about saying "Any other religion is heresy" and then they get all offended when people criticize their religion...

im not taking the p*** im trying to say the bible say's god is real and some people are going yes the bible tells me god is real so he is real. And the bible was written by men. Im pointing out that if a man wrote the bible and some believer's think it's got to be real and the bible says god is real he has to be, then if someone wrote a novel about a fictional creature or a care bear then does that mean the care bear must be real. Sorry if it came across if i was taking the p*** i was not sorry. I respect everyones faith but im trying to point out to some people that just because the bible say's god is real it does not mean he is. I cant prove if he is or not so he may be real but i think the bible should be taken with a pinch of salt. In the olden times the world was male dominated so if a man wrote a book about a great being who was MALE the bible might have a just been a male ego booster.

But sorry again if i offended i did not have any intention of that. :tu:

Edited by chaoszerg

No offense caused... :D Has it ever occured to anyone that God might be a woman?

No offense caused... :D Has it ever occured to anyone that God might be a woman?

Too be honest if there is a god and it turns out to be a woman i think we are doomed. :no:

They hold grudges :w00t:

But it would answer all the wrath that god has dished out................lol sorry ladies :tu:

im not taking the p*** im trying to say the bible say's god is real and some people are going yes the bible tells me god is real so he is real. And the bible was written by men. Im pointing out that if a man wrote the bible and some believer's think it's got to be real and the bible says god is real he has to be, then if someone wrote a novel about a fictional creature or a care bear then does that mean the care bear must be real. Sorry if it came across if i was taking the p*** i was not sorry. I respect everyones faith but im trying to point out to some people that just because the bible say's god is real it does not mean he is. I cant prove if he is or not so he may be real but i think the bible should be taken with a pinch of salt. In the olden times the world was male dominated so if a man wrote a book about a great being who was MALE the bible might have a just been a male ego booster.

But sorry again if i offended i did not have any intention of that. :tu:

Ohh you didn't offend me at all. :D ...........I can see where you are coming from....it's not the question the OP asked..it's how it was worded...I mean I have asked the same question in a previous thread I created a while ago..and not once did I get a number of NB's taking it personal..not once did an NB go in my face....not once did an NB try and take the michael out of it all....WHY??? Cuz when I asked the question and replied back...I did it in a way that the NB's didn't feel as though I am looking down on them :tu:

Too be honest if there is a god and it turns out to be a woman i think we are doomed. :no:

They hold grudges :w00t:

But it would answer all the wrath that god has dished out................lol sorry ladies :tu:

Ohhh so because God is vengeful (ahem according to the bible) and because it says something about feeling his wrath...it MUST be af female God :w00t::lol: ohhhhh touchy one that....hmmmmmm you could well be on to something there LOL :w00t:

I wouldlike to know what was meant to be achieved by this thread.

The religious have been attempting to convert mankind for thousands of years. THere are records of the zoroastrians killing non-believers and that was about five thousand years ago.

So if after five thousand years of murder, terror, rape, pestilence and war people still choose to believe in themselves rather then a mythical figure head whos sole purpose for existence seems to be to insure teh various churches remain rich. if we still believe in ourselves then what is it that a poorly written and barely researched thread full of people whos concept f proof is "god exists because David happened to win a major war five thousand years ago and as a result bring terror and religious intolerance to the world" or even "God exists because i said god exists" , what is this to achieve. I have based my belief on twenty years of life experience, some people here have had considerably more, some a little less. but thirty minutes of poorly written selfcontradictory statements will not change that twenty years of experience.

So instead of trying to convert me and my fellow non-believers why not be silent in the knowledge (or belief)that you are right and those of us that do not accept our words will spend eternity in hellish agony.

Also hell must be a much larger place then heaven as only about a third of the world is christian and that is divided into the various brands of christianity so of the 8 billion people in this world about 6.5 billion will spend eternity in hell. Some loving father that is.

I wouldlike to know what was meant to be achieved by this thread.

The religious have been attempting to convert mankind for thousands of years. THere are records of the zoroastrians killing non-believers and that was about five thousand years ago.

So if after five thousand years of murder, terror, rape, pestilence and war people still choose to believe in themselves rather then a mythical figure head whos sole purpose for existence seems to be to insure teh various churches remain rich. if we still believe in ourselves then what is it that a poorly written and barely researched thread full of people whos concept f proof is "god exists because David happened to win a major war five thousand years ago and as a result bring terror and religious intolerance to the world" or even "God exists because i said god exists" , what is this to achieve. I have based my belief on twenty years of life experience, some people here have had considerably more, some a little less. but thirty minutes of poorly written selfcontradictory statements will not change that twenty years of experience.

So instead of trying to convert me and my fellow non-believers why not be silent in the knowledge (or belief)that you are right and those of us that do not accept our words will spend eternity in hellish agony.

Also hell must be a much larger place then heaven as only about a third of the world is christian and that is divided into the various brands of christianity so of the 8 billion people in this world about 6.5 billion will spend eternity in hell. Some loving father that is.

Have you heard of hitler? Have you heard of other people wanting to be worshiped as God?

Let me just point out that religion has become corrupt in the hands of MEN. Killing is MANS doing, NOT GODS.

You talk as if the only proof of Gods existence is his name. Maybe you've forgoten the prophets. I don't know, but you can have as much experience as you want and it won't make God any less real now will it?

If we were going to be silent, then what the hell is the point of this forum?

Do you know what the hell you're talking about? You're saying that all christians are going to go to hell? Let me just point out that it's mostly christians that believe in hell.

Have you heard of hitler? Have you heard of other people wanting to be worshiped as God?

Let me just point out that religion has become corrupt in the hands of MEN. Killing is MANS doing, NOT GODS.

No, because God had the choice to make us immortal... But he placed a tree in the garden, knowing well that man and woman might eat from it... And then, the so called "all forgiving" God banished us.. So he is partially to blame

No, because God had the choice to make us immortal... But he placed a tree in the garden, knowing well that man and woman might eat from it... And then, the so called "all forgiving" God banished us.. So he is partially to blame

Like I posted......

Can someone explain this to me. Really, please, this God created the blahblah 6 days thing. I don't get it. Is it a christian belief?

And if God would have made us immortal then we wouldn't die and our souls wouldn't move on to the next stage of life. God has given us the time needed to mature in this physical world, so we can move to the next life. Who the hell wants to live that long anyway? Are you aware that my religion says that if you die a wrongful death, your life will be 1000 times better in the next life? I wouldn't want to give that up.

Edited by exe11er

Nothing can exist from nothing, except for God;

Oh really than how come people say god made earth from NOTHING, and

then you come here saying nothing can be made of nothing but god can?

So you're saying that god is made of nothing(which you have no proof of),

then you say that the universe can't be made of nothing, when god made the earth

out of nothing? that does not sound logical to me.

ok, i know what im about to say is gunna make a lot of people hate me but i dont care, so here it goes. christians and catholics (not all of them but most of them) will not listen to anything that has to do with god or religion if it doesnt agree with what they think. im sorry but its the truth. they dont believe or even try to understand what anyone else thinks, all they say is well your wrong and im sorry because your gunna burn in hell. Everyone might as well stop argueing with these people because no matter what you say they are not going to listen to what you have to say. Im not anti-christian or anything and i know this sounds REALLY christian bashing, but its not, its just the truth i could really care less what religions oyu have but these kids will argue forever about what they believe and wont listen to anything anyone else has to say.

ok, i know what im about to say is gunna make a lot of people hate me but i dont care, so here it goes. christians and catholics (not all of them but most of them) will not listen to anything that has to do with god or religion if it doesnt agree with what they think. im sorry but its the truth. they dont believe or even try to understand what anyone else thinks, all they say is well your wrong and im sorry because your gunna burn in hell. Everyone might as well stop argueing with these people because no matter what you say they are not going to listen to what you have to say. Im not anti-christian or anything and i know this sounds REALLY christian bashing, but its not, its just the truth i could really care less what religions oyu have but these kids will argue forever about what they believe and wont listen to anything anyone else has to say.

Actually, alot of people will admire you for pointing that out. I also kind of don't like the catholic church.

Are you aware that my religion says that if you die a wrongful death, your life will be 1000 times better in the next life? I wouldn't want to give that up.

But it's still dying a wrongful death. Key word here is "wrong." Getting a life 1,000 times better the next time around doesn't change the fact that a wrongful death is wrong.

(500th post!)

Let me just point out that religion has become corrupt in the hands of MEN.

No surprise, though, that it has become corrupt. Religion began in the hands of man.

AUGH, posts like these annoy me so much.

If you don't believe in god, then you don't believe the bible. I could say that "Shall a llama soil ye robes thou isth blessed by thine mother's uncle" but does that make it true? no. PEOPLE wrote the bible, that does NOT immediately make it true. If you can only see things with your Christian set of rules, you have no place questioning atheism.

Are you aware that my religion says that if you die a wrongful death, your life will be 1000 times better in the next life?

AS is normal for most Christians i've talked to, you don't even know what you're saying.

The bible basically says you will be ridiculed and downtrodden for your beliefs in god, but you will go to heaven. It does NOT say that if you are a martyr you get a better life in heaven. It says heaven is a place where you eternally bow down and chant to the lord, and everyone who gets to heaven does. It says nothing about favorites.

It's bizarre enough already.. There's no need to make it more so.

Can someone explain this to me. Really, please, this God created the blahblah 6 days thing. I don't get it. Is it a christian belief?

yea it's Genesis God created man on the 6th day, it's the order in which God created the earth according to the bible.

Id argue it’s your understanding and knowledge of science that is flawed and inconstant. Time and time again you are shown what real evidence is and proofs of a cobrative nature yet you choose to interpret those proofs as inconstant we can show you over and over how its your understanding that leads to your Doubs but you don’t want to see that and infact you cant and will never see that but that’s ok. Your argument s are weak but that’s ok too your logic is flawed and that’s ok too you see its ok to not understand we’ll forgive you for that.

A circle isn’t a circle until its, completed then if it is a circle its biggining and end are indisiferable form any other point within its circumference so you are talking complete rubbish. Your attitude is exactly what is fundamentally wrong with religion the numbing of intellect .you make weak arguments based on a flawed logic .you haven’t proven god exists only that you are incapable of serious debate closed to new ideas and suffer a predisposition to making silly inane statements with nothing other than statments to back them up but again as I said to gwyn that’s ok

I feel had you understood the comments made by other posters who I might add made perfect sense you would make a more interesting debater . You make the bold comment that your existence is proof of gods so i ask you your parents had nothing to do with it ? Your genes did not give you the colour eyes you have? .As you Christians are so fond of saying you can never know the mind of god how do you know if he is consistent . I challenge you to offer your proofs for scrutiny show your source for this proof or is it just words and hot air as i suspect :yes:

read the bible you will find that god does not "change his mind". And by throwing insults at me is not going to make me change my mind.

So i'm not open to new ideas eh? Every idea you people threw at me, i looked into, i found that they were in no way shape or form suitable for me. If you cant handle that then thats your problem. Everyone here thinks they know me and think that i dont "look into" other beliefs, for gods sake my mother is Buddist. Trust me i have looked into alot of things and everytime i do that something brings me back to god.

No i cannot prove he exsists, i've stated that numerous times, and if you would have read correctly i said "statement of faith" which means, i cant prove it i only believe in it. Just because i believe in something i cant see doesnt mean that i have no logic, or i am stupid. Logic is in the eye of the beholder, either the circle starts and ends or it's continuous it cant be both.

Seriously stop trying to treat me like i was raised in christanity, and i'm so blind that i dont know what i'm saying, or believing. Don't let God annoy you! :tu:

You are exactly right, i dislike organized religions, like catholicism. I dont go to church or anything like that because they all try to brain wash you.

Of course you're not and we appreciate that. I do have to point out a couple of things though...

But that's the beauty of science! It's not that scientists "change their mind" or are "inconsistent." Far from it. They formulate theories with the evidence at hand. Someday, the evidence changes and the theory must change. If the sun doesn't come up tomorrow, then we have to create a new theory about the sun rising. Science doesn't "prove itself wrong" because you can't prove or disprove anything in science. All you can do is falsify one theory. So using the sun analogy, if the sun doesn't come up tomorrow, then the theory that the sun rises every morning has been falsified and we now have a theory that the sun won't rise. Then, one day, the sun might rise again and the theory that it doesn't rise has been falsified and a new theory that the sun rises has been formulated.

Also, you can't use science as a "belief." People who claim science is a religion and that people just merely "believe" in science is silly. You can't merely believe what science tells you to believe. You have to look it up yourself, research it yourself, and come to your own conclusions based on the evidence. Anyone who knows anything about science understands this. THAT'S how science works. It's a beautiful thing.

It's not evolution that says man was created out of dirt. It's the Bible that says that.

As I (and others) have already pointed out, a circle is a symbol of renewal. Of neverending. Which was pointed out here. Just in case it's too much effort to look it up (a trend I've noticed),

"Like JMPD1 said, then it's not a circle. A circle, by it's nature, continues the cycle. All you said is that the artist ended drawing his circle and that the paper ended its life when it decayed. The circle itself, has not ended.

There's a reason the circle has been used in religious and spiritual practices all around the world. It is a symbol of cycles, renewed life, of neverending. Think."

thankyou for being nice and not trying to insult me like everyone else does. I agree with you in some respect. I wasnt trying to bash Science i was just trying to say that when used as a belief structure its kinda shaky. I like science, my brother is a forensic scientist, i think its pretty cool, i just think to actually base a entire belief of your exsistence on science is kinda flawed. Maybe, maybe not :tu:

Does it really matter if any of us believe or not :D . So what if some of us dont believe in god does it really matter. If you believers keep your faith then your fine are you not? :) Us non believers are not going to screw up your chance of getting into heaven or where ever it is you are going to go when you die are we? :hmm: We have all chosen our own path so why does it matter if some of us decide to wander off the same course you belivers decide to go. Lol cant we all just get along :D:w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::tu:

i wish it were that way! :rofl::D:tu::tu:

thankyou for being nice and not trying to insult me like everyone else does. I agree with you in some respect. I wasnt trying to bash Science i was just trying to say that when used as a belief structure its kinda shaky. I like science, my brother is a forensic scientist, i think its pretty cool, i just think to actually base a entire belief of your exsistence on science is kinda flawed. Maybe, maybe not :tu:

Well, i've said it before and i'll say it a million times again...

As long as your beleifs suit you, then that's fine by me... Christian, buddist, muslim, jewish; WHATEVER! If it suits you, then fine... Just as long as you don't push it on me, which you're not... :tu:

Perhaps thats because as technology advances, new architectures become possible to create... ever think of that one?

Its funny how you falt science for being "inconsistant". That, imo, shows a lack of proper understanding of how science works. Its very rarely inconsistant, infact, its more often expanding upon itsself in order to be closer and closer to the truth. Wouldnt this be more preferable than than being consistantly wrong?

As for religion... Im suprised that you can say that science is inconsistant but not your religion. Your churches have made unsupported claims for many years, and were stubborn enough to oppose what science said... until they couldnt deny it anymore... kind of like the whole idea of the Earth being round and Earth being the center of the universe...

Please show me an example of things in modern science being proven wrong?

God tried to make Lucifer the most beautiful and perfect angel, no? How did that turn out?

Alright. I think your mistakenly under the impression that your "feeling" or your "desire" is actually worth anything though.

my religion is not based on the church because when i the bible was written there was no church.

The point is that my belief structure has been the same for 2000 years has science?