Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Would It KILL You To Believe In God ?

exeller

This is a question I've had for a long time. Really, would it kill you to believe in God? Isn't it better to spend life believing in God rather than disbelieving? Isn't it true that "All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men. And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come"? So this means that every sin will be forgiven, but disbelieving, I don't think that's going to be forgiven. So what I'm wondering is, aren't you better off believing in God, rather than getting reincarnated or something like that?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• exeller

• ragus

• Beckys_Mom

• zandore

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is a question I've had for a long time. Really, would it kill you to believe in God? Isn't it better to spend life believing in God rather than disbelieving? Isn't it true that "All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men. And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come"? So this means that every sin will be forgiven, but disbelieving, I don't think that's going to be forgiven. So what I'm wondering is, aren't you better off believing in God, rather than getting reincarnated or something like that?

Even those who believe in god are reincarnated

It's better to have believed in god and died to find out he didnt exist;(and loose nothing) then to lived your life believing he didn't exist and die to find out He did(and loose everything).

Even those who believe in god are reincarnated

It's better to have believed in god and died to find out he didnt exist;(and loose nothing) then to lived your life believing he didn't exist and die to find out He did(and loose everything).

Exactly my point :w00t:

Isn't it true that "All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.

Could be. Then again... "All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but unsupported beliefs shall not be forgiven unto men." could also be true...

What if the god that turns out to exist doesnt like people believing in things without evidence... so he punishes those who believed in him and forgives those who dont...?

What if the god that turns out to exist doesnt like people believing in things without evidence... so he punishes those who believed in him and forgives those who dont...?

What do you think prophets are for?

I believe that spirituality limits the mind from achieving it's full potential. So, to me, there is much to lose in the belief in a god.

I believe that spirituality limits the mind from achieving it's full potential. So, to me, there is much to lose....

Like what?

What do you think prophets are for?

What prophets?

Could be. Then again... "All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but unsupported beliefs shall not be forgiven unto men." could also be true...

I take it you dont believe in god, Bwaha. :no:

unsupported beliefs nice one :tu:

my existence is proof enough that god exists.

then again look at the matrix of our reality. is that not proof? our consciousness'. our complex bodies and minds.

a Chance for something more. Proof enough for any logicle person.

I don’t believe in god. And I don’t see how it would better to live in fear of sin or hell, or to believe that something is better than you.

But if I died and found myself in front of god and he said to me, that because I’m an Atheists I’m “dammed” to Hell, I would say that I lived a good life as a good person. I didn’t kill, rape, steal, or anything like that.

God can have is Heaven. Why would I want to be by someone who acts like a 5 year old kid that didn’t get his way?

I’ll go to Satan who will take me for who I am. Why would I want to serve in Heaven when I can reign in Hell?

I believe that spirituality limits the mind from achieving it's full potential. So, to me, there is much to lose in the belief in a god.

Spirituality limits our minds?

More like it sets them free, For the truth shall set you free :tu:

this world is a bondage for our mind. And all knowledge you gain in this world shall be lost forever once we advance from this place.

Therefore its useless, yes very depressing, keyboards computers language speech trees hearing molecules atoms the universe, all gone. poof. only the good and bad weve created in this world is left. in the essence of our being

>slaps palm against forehead<

Gee exceller, y'all make it sound so good. I will renounce my own lifetime spirituality right now and follow the misinterpreted words of a man dead these 2000 years.

or not......

But thanks for caring and sharing. :)

I don’t believe in god. And I don’t see how it would better to live in fear of sin or hell, or to believe that something is better than you.

But if I died and found myself in front of god and he said to me, that because I’m an Atheists I’m “dammed” to Hell, I would say that I lived a good life as a good person. I didn’t kill, rape, steal, or anything like that.

God can have is Heaven. Why would I want to be by someone who acts like a 5 year old kid that didn’t get his way?

I’ll go to Satan who will take me for who I am. Why would I want to serve in Heaven when I can reign in Hell?

But why don't you believe in God. Let's say you don't even love him, but you believe in him. What's wrong with that? Or is it that you're so damn lazy, that you can't dedicate a few hours of your life to God. If you had a kid, you would want them to love you and respect you, right? We are Gods children, and all he wants is our love. Why won't you give it to him?

>slaps palm against forehead<

Gee exceller, y'all make it sound so good. I will renounce my own lifetime spirituality right now and follow the misinterpreted words of a man dead these 2000 years.

or not......

But thanks for caring and sharing. :)

You make it sound as if there is only one prophet.

Edited by exe11er

But why don't you believe in God. Let's say you don't even love him, but you believe in him. What's wrong with that? Or is it that you're so damn lazy, that you can't dedicate a few hours of your life to God. If you had a kid, you would want them to love you and respect you, right? We are Gods children, and all he wants is our love. Why won't you give it to him?

You make it sound as if there is only one prophet.

Everyone has the capacity to be a prophet just not all will. If this thread effects even 1 person remotely it was completely worth it. If there is good news what is wrong with telling others? Some will accept some will deny, that is the way of things. The highest truth is love.

Why does god ""NEED"" anything?

Spirituality limits our minds?

More like it sets them free, For the truth shall set you free :tu:

this world is a bondage for our mind. And all knowledge you gain in this world shall be lost forever once we advance from this place.

Therefore its useless, yes very depressing, keyboards computers language speech trees hearing molecules atoms the universe, all gone. poof. only the good and bad weve created in this world is left. in the essence of our being

I don't expect someone with your beliefs to understand. Our beliefs couldn't be more opposite from eachother, and I believe they are equally as stubborn.

God doesnt need anything hes god.

He cant be defined (or put into a box like so many religions try to do) and I dont even believe our human minds can conceive 1% of him

If anything I would say we NEED God.

God already knows weather or not we will accept to love him. Because he is god he knows everything.

I don’t need to believe in god like you.

You see, I try to understand the world around me. I see how it works. I don’t just say “god made it”.

And why would I love something that’s not there?

Everyone has the capacity to be a prophet just not all will. If this thread effects even 1 person remotely it was completely worth it. If there is good news what is wrong with telling others? Some will accept some will deny, that is the way of things. The highest truth is love.

Agreed, I just don't get the everyone being a prophet part.

He doesn't "need" anything, I just think he wants it. The again, that's not a question I can really answer.

Edited by exe11er

I don't expect someone with your beliefs to understand. Our beliefs couldn't be more opposite from eachother, and I believe they are equally as stubborn.

haha :) equally stubborn we're like opposites, yin and yang, I would be glad to hear your beliefs man, Im looking for peices of the puzzle like everyone else here, maybe you could sway me.

Serve me and I will give you a place of rule in Beelzebub. That was the offer. I said no.

I don’t need to believe in god like you.

You see, I try to understand the world around me. I see how it works. I don’t just say “god made it”.

And why would I love something that’s not there?

And how is religion stoping you from saying "God didn't make this". You talk as if God doesn't exist.

He doesn't "need" anything, I just think he wants it. The again, that's not a question I can really answer.

OK then, why does god ''want'' anything?

According to the mythology, god is omniscient, omnipotent, knows all, sees all, tells little.

Why does your god "want" or "need" anything?

Does your god require an endless multitude singing his praises ad infintum, for eternity?

And how is religion stoping you from saying "God didn't make this". You talk as if God doesn't exist.

Thats because he doesn't