Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Are Gnomes and Goblins Real?

Jambe

I mean magical gnomes and goblins, not those little people found on some island. Please some info...

I guess, use this as a place to discuss them.

Edited by Jambe

No, I don't think they are real. I do like the Travelocity Gnome tho, he's funny....

• Like 2

i think maybe some lower level demons could be considered goblins.....i do believe those exist. not quite so sure about gnomes. the roaming gnome....woohoo! :w00t:

• Like 3

Are Gnomes and Goblins Real?

Only if you're in grade 1 or under. Maybe the the cpkabra, but not anything else.

Edited by exe11er

if hobbits fall into your category, they are indeed real, or at least, Were real.

they evolved from Homo Erectus.

• Like 1

I do like the Travelocity Gnome...especially his balloon chair.

• Like 1

No, I don't think they are real. I do like the Travelocity Gnome tho, he's funny....

I do like the Travelocity Gnome...especially his balloon chair.

See? He's quite the popular little guy!

• Like 1

See? He's quite the popular little guy!

Garden gnomes have become a popular accessory in many gardens, although they are not loved by all. They are often the target of pranks: people have been known to return garden gnomes "to the wild", most notably France's "Front de Liberation des Nains de Jardins" and Italy's "MALAG" (Garden Gnome Liberation Front). Some kidnapped garden gnomes have been sent on trips around the world (the travelling gnome prank).

They have become controversial in serious gardening circles in the UK, and are banned from the prestigious Chelsea Flower Show as the organisers claim that they detract from the garden designs. Gnome enthusiasts accuse the organisers of snobbery because they are popular in working class and suburban gardens.

A sub-culture exists among those who collect garden gnomes, which is frequently lampooned in popular culture.

Garden gnomes were made in various poses and pursuing various pastimes, such as fishing or gardening. More recently, garden gnomes have been depicted indulging in indecent exposure or having sex... :o

LINK-> Gnome

More recently, garden gnomes have been depicted indulging in indecent exposure or having sex... :o

LINK-> Gnome

So we know that they are breeding.....

Oh of course they are! I have proof, just look at this photo I snapped! I must have stumbled across a village of them or something. They didn't do much, kind of just stayed in one spot. It's like they were made of clay or some sort of plaster!

post-13102-1151078382.jpg

Edited by MadEyePixie

Oh of course they are! I have proof, just look at this photo I snapped! I must have stumbled across a village of them or something. They didn't do much, kind of just stayed in one spot. It's like they were made of clay or some sort of plaster!

And you apparently caught them in the midst of a fire drill......good get!!! :tu:

And they have their own little toilet!! How uhm...smashing.... :lol:

And they have their own little toilet!! How uhm...smashing.... :lol:

OH LOOK.........SMALLVILLE!!!!

I mean magical gnomes and goblins, not those little people found on some island. Please some info...

I guess, use this as a place to discuss them.

I dont think they exist, but I suppose anything is possible, but it just dosent seem like they do. It just seems like they couldnt exist as they are only legends.

I dont think they exist, but I suppose anything is possible

Not everything is possible :tu:

Awww, how cute. It's some kind of tribal ceremony!

Someone say goblins?

::: reaches for suit of chain mail and grabs +2 axe of fire :::

Not everything is possible :tu:

Awww, how cute. It's some kind of tribal ceremony!

No. :tu:

I agree. No.

Pffft! Shows what you guys all know! Maybe you don't find them in the US, but you certainly do here in the UK. Take my word for it; you're talking to a Goblin Control Officer (tis but a messy job, but someone's got to do it!). Normally you just gotta lure them into a cage with a piece of cake (a faery flute also works), take them 20-30 miles away and release them. Hobgoblins are easiest, because they're helpful and most folk enjoy having them around to clean the house, but unfortunately Red-caps have to be humanely disposed of as they are a real nuisance in Scottish castles, killing guests and whatnot. :lol:

RKD

Its a popular belief that goblins attack unbaptized kids. My uncle told me that my little cousin had some scars, and wounds (she was unbaptized) when my uncle asked her what happened, she kept saying that little ugly men with big teeth and ears were bothering her. They baptized her after those incidents. My mother told me once that when my aunt was a baby she used to appear under her bed and crying (she was also unbaptized) they believed goblins were messing with her. Ive also heard that when you see a goblin you have to curse at it if you want it to go away. Ive heard many stories, and i think they exist especially in forests.

• Like 1

Pffft! Shows what you guys all know! Maybe you don't find them in the US, but you certainly do here in the UK. Take my word for it; you're talking to a Goblin Control Officer (tis but a messy job, but someone's got to do it!). Normally you just gotta lure them into a cage with a piece of cake (a faery flute also works), take them 20-30 miles away and release them. Hobgoblins are easiest, because they're helpful and most folk enjoy having them around to clean the house, but unfortunately Red-caps have to be humanely disposed of as they are a real nuisance in Scottish castles, killing guests and whatnot. :lol:

RKD

Whatever you've been smoking, pass some this way, please. I want to see some gnomes.

Its a popular belief that goblins attack unbaptized kids. My uncle told me that my little cousin had some scars, and wounds (she was unbaptized) when my uncle asked her what happened, she kept saying that little ugly men with big teeth and ears were bothering her. They baptized her after those incidents. My mother told me once that when my aunt was a baby she used to appear under her bed and crying (she was also unbaptized) they believed goblins were messing with her. Ive also heard that when you see a goblin you have to curse at it if you want it to go away. Ive heard many stories, and i think they exist especially in forests.

Well i was never baptised or christened or whatever, and i've never had any problem. Overactive imagination more of a culprit maybe?

Whatever you've been smoking, pass some this way, please. I want to see some gnomes.

I don't think you can smoke Sarcasm :w00t:

RKD

The same thing happened to my younger sister! the only different is that she was like only months old when that started happening to her, and my mom would actually see little teeth marks in her arms and sometimes all her clothes would be on the floor.