Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Earth is round !...or is it ?

TheOracle

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mentalcase

• Seraphina

• moe eubleck

• TheOracle

Sorry to be pedantic, but the Earth is actually an oblate spheroid original.gif

oblate spheroid

Don't they have creams and ointments nowadays to help fix those? tongue.gif

I had always thought that the flat earth society was just a joke...

11. Does this fit in with the Hollow Earth theory?

Yes. Beneath the Earth, or hanging off the edges, is a land populated by either green-skinned women or Nazis. All those claiming to have seen this have misinterpreted it to fit in with the spurious and false Spherical Earth theory.

Nazis hahahahahahahaha

I had always thought that the flat earth society was just a joke...

It is FluffyBunny.

I always assumed the the FES was just an anagram for 'We Fear Change Through Scientific Discovery' W.F.C.T.S.D.

I mean if the Earth was flat there would be no need for the complex mathmatics of Map Projection.

user posted image

I can't believe I just spent so much time reading through four pages of this stuff.

The Earth is Flat. My Grandmother told be that the Bible says that god will have his angels stand on the four corners of the earth. And my grandma (deceased) wouldn't lie to her favorite grandson now, would she? gunsmilie.gifwiggle.gif

Don alien.gif

Heheheh. Flat Earth Society makes me laugh. From the FAQ:

"22. Any other places which are believed to exist but really don't?

Yes, Australia. And then there are the cryptogeographica, places such as Kadath, Carcosa, Hobbiton, Narnia, Hy-Brasil, Hell and such whose existence has not been satisfactorily proven."

Australia doesn't exist?? Well they're pretty good at rugby and netball for a country that doesn't exist. tongue.gif

Oh yeah, I never though that Narnia or Hobbiton existed. I wish they did though...that'd be cool.

Also from FAQ

"14. What about photographs of the Earth from the moon?

Most of these are fake. It is well known that the "moon landing" was faked. The film of what is claimed to be the moon was taken in the desert in the US state of Arizona.

There exist some genuine photographs from high altitudes, which appear to the untrained eye to show a spherical Earth. The reason for this effect is that the Earth's atmosphere becomes denser the further one ascends, after thinning out at about 5 miles. This causes light to be refracted more at high altitudes, giving the appearance of a spherical Earth.

The reason the atmosphere becomes denser is the increased pressure. If not for this extreme pressure, the sun, and all stars, would not be able to hold together but would gradually dissipate in accordance with the gas laws, and Brownian motion (see any basic school physics text). Further proof that there is atmosphere all the way between the earth and the sun, moon, etc, is that heat from the sun warms the earth. Heat cannot travel through a vacuum, as anyone who has ever used a vacuum flask knows. Real astronauts would need pressure suits to protect them from the incredibly high pressures they would encounter."

RAAAAH. They think man didn't land on the moon. Sorry for those of you who agree. But they so did! That TV show about it was all incorrect..so there! whistling2.gifrolleyes.giforiginal.gif . Read the book Bad Astronomy if you don't believe me.

About an hour later.

I have come to the conclusion that the Link 2 was just someone having abit of fun. It's hilarious. laugh.gif

Edited by Catrat

Further proof that there is atmosphere all the way between the earth and the sun, moon, etc, is that heat from the sun warms the earth. Heat cannot travel through a vacuum, as anyone who has ever used a vacuum flask knows.

Someone should explain to them the difference between convection, conduction, and RADIATION.

Oh My God. If these people are for real i'm completely disturbed. I keep thinking "mabey these people are just messing around" but it has this ominous feel to it....

Some flat brainers out there laugh.gif

I think they (FES) are just out there to mislead and confuse the ignorant for fun or whoknowswhat. It takes a lot of effort and cross-checking of crap to write up that BS thumbsup.gif , so I'm sure they are pretty intelligent.

Some flat brainers out there 

I think they (FES) are just out there to mislead and confuse the ignorant for fun or whoknowswhat. It takes a lot of effort and cross-checking of crap to write up that BS  , so I'm sure they are pretty intelligent

Your right with a little intelligence a small group of people can exert the effort to compile evidence and cross-checking 'crap' to write a bunch of BS. So then just imagen what a very large group of intelligent people could write-up.....like a group the size of a civilization maybe?

The things people think of "is the Earth round?" We got every last bit of proof that it is. Thats about the only thing we are POSITIVE on. laugh.gif

thats ridiculous....just....ridiculous