Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

This crime is just like Days of our Lives!

IhartU

NEWSPAPER ARTICLE: Convicted Alabama murderess Marie Hilley absconed from prison while out on a week end furlough in February, and was subsequently found dead of exposure. Marie had "died" before and resurrected herself as her own imaginary twin, but this time her death was for real.

Marie's career in crime began in 1975, when she poisoned her 45 year old husband Frank. She then proceeded to live it up on his insurance. In 1978 her daughter nearly died of arsenic poisoning, after Marie had heavily insured the girl's life. Investigation of this misadventure led to further delvings into Frank's death, revealing arsenical poisoning as the cause.

When it looked as though she was cornered, Marie jumped bail and fled to Florida where she married a boat-builder in 1980. Then she went away and announced her own death, returning to Florida to console her husband as her "twin" sister Terri! It was as "Terri Martin" that she was arrested in 1983, and subsequently convicted.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• coldethyl

• LostLittleGirl

• IhartU

• Dossman

Top Posters In This Topic

Weird.

Surely he knew that it wasn't her twin!! :huh:

Weird.

Surely he knew that it wasn't her twin!! :huh:

He most likely did but didn't say anything to protect her.

He most likely did but didn't say anything to protect her.

I hope he wasn't that dumb and really thought she was her own twin.... :mellow:

It's amazing what some people beleive. My aunt Kim's first husband thought my grandpaw's cows were going to eat him if he went into the pasture.

It's amazing what some people beleive. My aunt Kim's first husband thought my grandpaw's cows were going to eat him if he went into the pasture.

:blink:

Yeah, people are strange. :D

Beef! It's what's for dinner. lol :D

think there is a tv movie about that one