Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Demonology 101

Sasa

I have a question. How does one become a Demonologist? What branch of science does this fall under and which accredited universities teach it? Can you do post-graduate work in Demonology?

Are there any peer-reviewed Demonology journals I can subscribe too?

If I don't have the time or money to work towards a Demonologist degree, can I take a two year technician program at a community college?

Thanks

Hello, maybe you missed my post, or maybe it got buried. Either way, you started this thread on Demonology 101 and I would like to know if you could provide me a list of other first year courses in this curricula?

Also, do you take into account life experience as an adult student towards any courses.

I've seen "The Exorcist" half a dozen times, and it keeps getting funnier and funnier.

Are there any scholarships you know of that I might be able to apply for?

Thanks again.

Edited by redhen

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JustNormal

• Sasa

• FrankBlunt

• coldethyl

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I wonder if the person turns out to be possessed is the exorcism free?

:w00t:

I would like to know if you could provide me a list of other first year courses in this curricula? Are there any scholarships you know of that I might be able to apply for?

I believe someone did respond to your post earlier and I don't really have anything else to add other than one other place I know of.

"Exorcism and Prayer of Liberation" at the Pontifical Academy Regina Apostolorum

http://www.upra.org/bioetica/template_inte...id_articoli=507

I don't know of any scholarships. Good luck to you though.

I believe someone did respond to your post earlier and I don't really have anything else to add other than one other place I know of.

"Exorcism and Prayer of Liberation" at the Pontifical Academy Regina Apostolorum

http://www.upra.org/bioetica/template_inte...id_articoli=507

I don't know of any scholarships. Good luck to you though.

Well, to be frank, I believe that other person was being faceitous

Check out The University of Rangoon. You can also take assorted night-classes at the Knoxville, Tennessee college of Faith-healing..................... rofl.gif

The link you provided is to a Vatican university offering courses in bioethics, i.e. abortion, human cloning, etc. Nothing in there about Demonology unfortuantely.

I do believe that the Vatican does offer courses on exorcism, but you have to be an ordained priest to attend. Are you an ordained Catholic priest?

May I ask which college you attended Demonology 101 from?

Thanks once again

Edited by redhen

Well, to be frank, I believe that other person was being faceitous

Oops sorry...I didn't really read their reply, just skimmed over it. To be quite honest, I thought you were being faceitious in your first post as well - and I'm still not convinced that you aren't. I will answer your questions though and if this becomes some sort of an inquisition I will stop answering them.

The link you provided is to a Vatican university offering courses in bioethics, i.e. abortion, human cloning, etc. Nothing in there about Demonology unfortuantely.

Here's a link to a story on it, so I don't know why they don't have the information on their website: http://mdn.mainichi-msn.co.jp/features/arc...0fe001000c.html

I do believe that the Vatican does offer courses on exorcism, but you have to be an ordained priest to attend. Are you an ordained Catholic priest?

No, I'm not ordained as a Catholic Priest, I'm female so that wouldn't be a possibility. I am however, an Ordained Minister.

May I ask which college you attended Demonology 101 from?

I didn't attend college for it. The Demonology 101 article is an article I personally wrote.

Edited by Sasa

Oops sorry...I didn't really read their reply, just skimmed over it. To be quite honest, I thought you were being faceitious in your first post as well - and I'm still not convinced that you aren't. I will answer your questions though and if this becomes some sort of an inquisition I will stop answering them.

Here's a link to a story on it, so I don't know why they don't have the information on their website: http://mdn.mainichi-msn.co.jp/features/arc...0fe001000c.html

No, I'm not ordained as a Catholic Priest, I'm female so that wouldn't be a possibility. I am however, an Ordained Minister.

I didn't attend college for it. The Demonology 101 article is an article I personally wrote.

Ok, you got me. I was just having a bit of fun. Might I suggest though that in the future you choose a more suitable title for your post, some people might be misled into thinking that you were actually offering a Demonology 101 course somewhere.

cheers

Demonology is a popular topic so I thought I'd post an article I wrote based on what I've learned and experienced as a Demonologist and open the thread up to any questions people may have.

Redhen - Did you bother reading the first paragraph quoted above or just the title?

Outside of the church Redhen, the only closely related academic study would be parapsychology.

Outside of the church Redhen, the only closely related academic study would be parapsychology.

Yeah and good luck trying to find somewhere to get a degree in that. :tu:

You may have to do a BSc hons Psychology degree then a masters in parapsychology to make it that.

In my brief, and less than expansive experience with demonology and spirits alike, is that more often than not the entity is derived from a more inward location. For instance, a house with paranormal activity in it is more likely to have a teenager or young person as a resident, thus causing a lot of negative energy, which can easily be manifested into something other than 'normal'. I would say the same for demons.

We all know that some adventures are better taken when you have a clear head and you're not particularly stressed about any one thing, your day goes a lot smoother that way. But all of us have skeletons in our closets, don't we?

Isn't it possible that demons manifest because of a psychological problem in the person, perhaps this demon is a kind of therapy for some people, ones that need to be ‘cleansed’? I've heard many accounts of people who have gone through an exorcism, and they often say that they feel more whole as a person now than they did before.

Are demons in our head anti-stress relievers?

Yeah and good luck trying to find somewhere to get a degree in that. :tu:

There are actually an abundance of courses in North American you can take, in a decent number of schools. More importantly it's possible to receive such a degree by taking courses through online correspondences.

There are actually an abundance of courses in North American you can take, in a decent number of schools. More importantly it's possible to receive such a degree by taking courses through online correspondences.

Interesting. I've always heard that a degree in parapsychology wasn't readily available in the US. :hmm:

Isn't it possible that demons manifest because of a psychological problem in the person, perhaps this demon is a kind of therapy for some people, ones that need to be ‘cleansed’? I've heard many accounts of people who have gone through an exorcism, and they often say that they feel more whole as a person now than they did before.

You bring up an interesting point. Yes, it's possible. Considering that everything is made up of energy, negative and positive energy play a huge role in our daily lives. You've certainly heard the term, "Negativity breeds negativity" right? Well it's absolutely true. Spirits (ghosts, demons and angels) as well are energy and that includes both negative and positive. Humans are either negative, positive or mixed. A psychological problem could inadvertantly draw negative energy into the home or the person. The demon could then use that to their advantage. There have been many cases documented in which this has in fact occurred. Someone with a psychological disorder of some sort are much more suseptable to being on the receiving end of negative energy and in turn, of demonic activity. Once it is there, it must be dispelled somehow. Sometimes the person isn't capable of doing it on their own and need help to accomplish that task.

Interesting. I've always heard that a degree in parapsychology wasn't readily available in the US. :hmm:

I can buy a class ring....dosen't mean that I graduated from college.

In my brief, and less than expansive experience with demonology and spirits alike, is that more often than not the entity is derived from a more inward location. For instance, a house with paranormal activity in it is more likely to have a teenager or young person as a resident, thus causing a lot of negative energy, which can easily be manifested into something other than 'normal'. I would say the same for demons.

We all know that some adventures are better taken when you have a clear head and you're not particularly stressed about any one thing, your day goes a lot smoother that way. But all of us have skeletons in our closets, don't we?

Are demons in our head anti-stress relievers?

Your ideas on this are similar to mine...I'm a big fan of energy exchange and how energy affects us and the energy we give off.

Cleansing negitive energy can achieve the same result by using meditiation, yoga or certain rituals. I personally cleanse and balance the energy in my house a few times a month. And whenever I'm meditating or opening to spirit I cleanse and rebalance my energy (chakras). Build ups or blockages can come from everything your exposed to in everyday life over time, at the very least it acts as great stress buster...

Sasa may i ask if you do summon angels or demons or whatever it is do you create some form of protection or seal?

Edited by chaoszerg

Your ideas on this are similar to mine...I'm a big fan of energy exchange and how energy affects us and the energy we give off.

Cleansing negitive energy can achieve the same result by using meditiation, yoga or certain rituals. I personally cleanse and balance the energy in my house a few times a month. And whenever I'm meditating or opening to spirit I cleanse and rebalance my energy (chakras). Build ups or blockages can come from everything your exposed to in everyday life over time, at the very least it acts as great stress buster...

I thought I should add that I was talking about just energy in general there. Not methods for dealing with specific spirit/ghost/poltergiest problems!

Sasa may i ask if you do summon angels or demons or whatever it is do you create some form of protection or seal?

I don't summon angels or demons. Being able to summon anything spiritual is folklore, but I am protected by an angelic shield made up of the Cherubic Order of Angels and I wear the Full Armor of God mentioned in Ephesians 6 10-20

I did post a photo of one of those angels on my blog on myspace. It's in the very first blog post. You can view it there. The link is in my signature.

You bring up an interesting point. Yes, it's possible. Considering that everything is made up of energy, negative and positive energy play a huge role in our daily lives. You've certainly heard the term, "Negativity breeds negativity" right? Well it's absolutely true. Spirits (ghosts, demons and angels) as well are energy and that includes both negative and positive. Humans are either negative, positive or mixed. A psychological problem could inadvertantly draw negative energy into the home or the person. The demon could then use that to their advantage. There have been many cases documented in which this has in fact occurred. Someone with a psychological disorder of some sort are much more suseptable to being on the receiving end of negative energy and in turn, of demonic activity. Once it is there, it must be dispelled somehow. Sometimes the person isn't capable of doing it on their own and need help to accomplish that task.

I appreciate your take on the subject, greatly. However, I was also bringing up the point of humans breeding their own demons from a very dark place inside of their heads, a mental instability that manifests itself into the appearence of a darker thing, mainly because the person in question has no other means in which to express their anxiety. They are, if you will, 'possessed' by their own negativity.

A very good thing, indeed! Everyone has their own 'stress relievers', but very few recognize the importance of cleansing their own dwelling, rather than just cleaning out a few closets in their heads. :)

I appreciate your take on the subject, greatly. However, I was also bringing up the point of humans breeding their own demons from a very dark place inside of their heads, a mental instability that manifests itself into the appearence of a darker thing, mainly because the person in question has no other means in which to express their anxiety. They are, if you will, 'possessed' by their own negativity.

Thank you, and likewise. I think that the metaphore of a "Personal Demon" is probable. But in respect to Demonology and what it's all about, in my opinion they wouldn't fit within the same catagory simply because a metaphorical personal demon isn't of a spiritual nature, but a psychological one.

can i ask Sasa do you have a degree in Demonology? or a you one of many who are a self proclaimed Demonologist? (no offence) ;)

That, my friend, is a VERY long story. But, long story short, I am an ordained minister and as part of my being in service to Christ through my ministry I am also able to oust and expel demons. This, coupled with my experience, studies and research of the paranormal validates my title of "Demonologist". There is no "Demonology Degree" that I am aware of.

I don't summon angels or demons. Being able to summon anything spiritual is folklore, but I am protected by an angelic shield made up of the Cherubic Order of Angels and I wear the Full Armor of God mentioned in Ephesians 6 10-20

I did post a photo of one of those angels on my blog on myspace. It's in the very first blog post. You can view it there. The link is in my signature.

Folklore? If you are a Christian how then do you explain Saul summoning up the spirit of the prophet Samuel ? First book of Samuel, chapter 28:4–25

http://www.newadvent.org/bible/1sa028.htm