Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

witches

Jack Distance

hi all,

i'm looking to do some reading about witches and witchcraft, specifically in scotland. i haven't been able to find much, if anyone could suggest anything it would be greatly appreciated.

jack.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jack Distance

• earthygirl04

• Chiron_the_Horse

• Fairy bye bye

"A discoverie of witchcraft" might be a good place to start, it was written sometime like the 1500's and exsposes the secrets used by witches during the good ol' "Burn them! stage of British History.

If you were looking for more Wicca or something, then I can't help. But it might me a good idea to start with "discoverie" as a historical reference. :yes:

The Triumph of the Moon: A History of Modern Pagan Witchcraft by Ron Hutton

Pagan Religions of the Ancient British Isles, Ron Hutton

Pagan Celtic Britian, Ann Ross

I don't know of any one book on Pagan religions of Scotland, but you can find it in bits and pieces in books on Paganism in British Isles.

Good luck

if you have a waterstones try there in the mind/body and spirit section you will find them there. I wonder if the spells actually work though i have a book on spells that i brought just to see there is 5000 spells in it. But i would like a book on hex's to read also. So if there are witches on here can you direct me to some good books to research on. Much appreciated if you can point me to the books. :tu:

Anvil is a member of this forum and she is from Scotland. I don't know if she knows of witch stories, but she is gifted, so you might ask her? :tu:

JD,

If your still looking for books about witches and witchcraft, here is one you might find interesting. It's arranged in alphabetical order for easy reference,and discusses over 125 subjects that will interest anyone wishing to know more about this ancient pagan religion.

It's called:

ABC of Witchcraft Past & Present by Valiente, Doreen

Or you could try:

Wicca A-Z by Dunwich, Gerina

This book features hundreds of entries and numerous illustrations. There are explanations of all the different traditions, sabbats, and rituals of the Wiccan spiritual path, as well as Wiccan jargon and folklore. Arranged alphabetically by name, each entry discusses how each has influenced contemporary Paganism.

There are many books on the subject, and some libraries have a section on witches also, so you might want to check them out.

I do know there are several websites that you may be interested in, such as:

www.unexplainable.net/artman/publish/printer_3018.shtml

www.angelfire.com/ky2/cerridwen/scotwitch.html

Good luck on your search! :)

Edited by earthygirl04

I am a little gifted myself. Yes I am a Scottish witch.(Or warlock,if you prefer) I am also a Pagan.