Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Sons "Imaginary" Friend

mystikal_angel

My husband and I recently bought our first home in a very small town in rural Oklahoma. The home was in quite a bit of disrepair when we moved in and we have been working on it steadily ever since.

One night shortly after moving in I fond myself in an odd dream. I awoke in my husband and I's room, dark and silent, with a child standing over me at our bedside. She said hello, and that her name was Julie. In the blink of an eye she was on my husband side of the bed, peering at his face very closely. She looked to me and very seriously said, "if he hurts you, I'll kill him." I panicked and swore he was a good man, he would never hurt me and to please leave him alone. She smiled and said ok, then kissed his cheek and in a blink of the eye again she was gone. It was then that I truly awoke in my darkened room to the feeling of being watched. I thought myself possibly asleep still, and having one of those, "I think I'm awake." type dreams.

It was then that I noticed a slowly growing glow in the doorway to my room, that leads to a very small hallway into the rest of our home. The figure of a girl materialized, mainly and mostly from the waist up, then just as quickly faded away.

It was some time before I returned to sleep, and several days before I told my husband of it. It was rather, unsettling for him, to think of some ghost child leaning over his sleeping form and threatening to do him harm, so the subject was quickly dropped. Ever so often since that time we have had minor happenings about the house. The usual "haunting" type events, lights going on or off, noises in empty rooms, things being moved, and my favorite...the opening of all the cabinet doors and drawers in our kitchen.

We have come to accept that there is most definitely a ghost in our home, and a very playful one at that. So it goes to reason the child "dream" and apparition I saw, is that which is with us.

Now to the actual reason for this posting...

In February of this year my husband and I adopted two very young brothers. Both whom have had birthdays very recently. It was after the oldest childs 3rd birthday that we began letting him choose if he wished to have nap time or simply quiet time during the day. Sometimes he sleeps with his younger brother and sometimes he would rather play quietly, alone, in his room.

it is during these quiet times of play in his room that sometimes I would hear him speaking as if to another child. I have, of course, put this off as normal childhood "imaginary" friends. That was until the day my daughter, who is 13, and I were sitting in the living room listening to him play and giggling at his argument over a toy with his friend. I hear him ask if he could have the toy back, ask if he could trade for the one he himself had, for the other, and use a name in doing so. My giggles stopped, and I must have looked as chilled as I felt because my daughter asked me what was the matter. I asked her if she heard the name he used, and she said, "yes, Julie. He always calls it that, or Jeffrey."

I got up to check on him then. He was sitting near his toy box when I entered the room, and looked up at me with a big welcoming grin, and a, "Hi Mommy!" I asked if he was having fun and he told me yes, that he was playing with his friend. I gave him a hug, and chatted with him for a couple more minutes before leaving the room.

He has never given any indication of being scared in any way, nor has his younger brother. He continues to have conversations and playtime with his friend, and on some rare occassions he will yell out to one of us that his friend says, "hello and I love you."

Is it all some weird coinisedence that he uses a name for his friend that I have already myself had an encounter with? Or is he really communicating and playing with this ghost child? I definitely believe that children, in their innocence, have the ability to be far more open than most adults to these things.

I would just like a few comments, opinions......if you would please.

(I am posting this to my blog as well. As i have many other of my stories.)

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mystikal_angel

• kaiboijin

• ~Onyx~

• Spiro007

I would have thought nothing of it if you hadn't said you actually visually saw something with your own eyes yourself. I would have just said that it was a coinisedence, or sometimes parents and children may be so close as to just randomly pick it up if they heard you say or think about it enough. But to see it first... yeah that's a bit odd.

I would most def look into the history of the house and area there.

My sister used to have "imaginery" friends like this when she was younger, too. People would often see strange things, once my friend even swore she saw a man in my sisters room, when there was no one in the house.

I remember when my sister had a friend she called "Pipes". We'd had a lot of weird experiances happening around the house during that time and it just seemed very strange that my sister had a play mate like that.

I think that your soon is playing with some sort of ghost, but i wouldn't worry about it. Young children are often very sensetive about spirits and the paranormal. Its definitely worth checking out the history of your house, because that might clear some things up for you, too.

I would think it's kind of cool for my kid to have a ghost as a friend/playmate. I'd tell him to invite her to dinner and set a place for her, just to see what happens. Tell him to tell her she's welcome in the house as long as she's good. =) BUT, also beware. If it's a demon, then verbally accepting their presence could be dangerous. I heard they need your permission to enter your lives. So, it's a risky business. Haha. Good luck though.

Also, one thing that bothered me... I wouldn't think a cute, innocent little girl woud threaten to kill anyone... so I would consider that a heads up to be very careful.

I as of age 13? had an imaginary witch freind, and this was when I was interested in the black art's, I had a book, it was not one to be ancient, but it was not of white craft, anyway none of my freinds knew of my intrerest, one day my freind real person came over, and said to me who was the woman in my room dressed in all black, now that freaked me out, for I had thought of her as imaginary. Mother took book away, when she found out and I learned not and why not to get into the black art, I have never dealt with it after that.

I feel that you have a spirit of a child in your hame she sounds like she looks at you like a mother, by her threating your husband, if he hurted you she would kill him, take that threat seriousI would do some reserch on your house while you are not in it, you don't want this spirit to know what you are up to, she will becaome p***ed off. As for your boy's if she becomes mad at them or jealous I wonder if she can do physical harm and what she talks to your boy about, I would have a talk with your boy about his firend outside your home, also have a medium come in your home and see if she/he can get the vibe of the girl, so on...

Be careful.

I as of age 13? had an imaginary witch freind, and this was when I was interested in the black art's, I had a book, it was not one to be ancient, but it was not of white craft, anyway none of my freinds knew of my intrerest, one day my freind real person came over, and said to me who was the woman in my room dressed in all black, now that freaked me out, for I had thought of her as imaginary. Mother took book away, when she found out and I learned not and why not to get into the black art, I have never dealt with it after that.

I feel that you have a spirit of a child in your hame she sounds like she looks at you like a mother, by her threating your husband, if he hurted you she would kill him, take that threat seriousI would do some reserch on your house while you are not in it, you don't want this spirit to know what you are up to, she will becaome p***ed off. As for your boy's if she becomes mad at them or jealous I wonder if she can do physical harm and what she talks to your boy about, I would have a talk with your boy about his firend outside your home, also have a medium come in your home and see if she/he can get the vibe of the girl, so on...

Be careful.

I answered this one in the blog, but I have to disagree with what is said here by Spiro.

If the child is spirit then despite the threats the child can not hurt the living (my opinion) so I wouldn't take the threat seriously at all. The child probly has issues with men for some reason....The only thing that will hurt you is the fear of this...but there really isn't anything to fear. The child should be treated as a child and any naughty behaviour/threats are a no no...you are the adults and this is your house and your time living on earth. Make that be known!

If you feel this is more than you can cope with then look into getting a good medium out to help the child.

When i was a child my mom and dad apparently heard a voice talking to me while i was asleep at the time i had a imaginary friend so this frightened my mom because of the voice so we moved and it never happened again.

When my little brother was between the ages of 3 and 6, he had an imaginary friend named "Bill". I actually heard my brother talking to his "friend" and then his "friend" answering back. We had all kinds of weird things happen in our house and we always blamed Bill. My brother is 24 now and he still swears that Bill was real, that he could see him and hold conversations with him. FREAKY! :blink:

something similar happend to me.

i was sleeping in my moms room (i was 8)

and i looked over to see this figure standing over me starring

i tried to scream(8 lol) but couldnt i soon found out his name was charlie through som mind thing i thought i was goin crzy the next day i kept the experience to my self not talkin to anyone thn for the next nights for a year i could hear some one walkin around my room and whn i get up and look no one was there it was fine till i got terrified and yelled my aunt soon blessed my room and put a bible there and everything was kool a few years later whn i was about 14 i got mad and cursed at my room and took my bible down the next day i could here my nephue talkin to him self in his room thinking he was playin wit toys i listend till he said charlie and i stoped and went in and he was sittin gon the floor lookin at the chair in the room and i asked who he said he was talkin to and said charlie i thn went back in my room and put the bible bak up and he went away

true story

I had an imaginary friend named Julie, but she was just that, an imaginary friend.

Most kids have imaginary friends who are very very real to them. I know Buppy, my friend was so real i can close my eyes and still see her. As much as I pretended she was still just a part of my very active imagination.

You mentioned that you discussed Julie with your husband. It is very likely that one of your children overheard you. Now before you say they werent at home, they were asleep, they werent within hearing, people say things offhandly after the fact and dont remember having said those things. You could very easlity repeated the name for the younger child to pick up. Children are always listening, trust me :P .

Im not saying you dont have a ghost, Im just saying an imaginary friend of a 3 yr old dosent really count as solid evidence.

Cheers

i think your son is probably playing with the spirit. I wouldnt worry about it though it sounds to me like it is a very friendly ghost if it is playing with a small child. The thing about your dream though is what worries me. I would worry more about your husband than i would for your son, it seems the ghost dislikes your husband very much

"if he hurts you, I'll kill him."

YIPES!!!!...Yeah, that would irk me just a teeny-weenie bit.

Its definitely worth checking out the history of your house, because that might clear some things up for you, too.

That's good advice, as well as being the only thing that you can "arm yourself" with at the present time(information).

mystikal_angel

my son is 4 years old and an only child. I often hear him talking to someone when he is playing by himself. I wonder if he could have an imaginary friend. I adopted my son as a newborn.

I would have thought nothing of it if you hadn't said you actually visually saw something with your own eyes yourself. I would have just said that it was a coinisedence, or sometimes parents and children may be so close as to just randomly pick it up if they heard you say or think about it enough. But to see it first... yeah that's a bit odd.

I would most def look into the history of the house and area there.

I plan on it. If for nothing else than curiosity. Thus far it doesn't seem as if there is any negativity meant. The thing with my husband, and her threat, I tend to agree with some of the other posters in that she probably has something against men in general and was just stating so in the way a child would.

Thank you for you reply. :)

My sister used to have "imaginery" friends like this when she was younger, too. People would often see strange things, once my friend even swore she saw a man in my sisters room, when there was no one in the house.

I remember when my sister had a friend she called "Pipes". We'd had a lot of weird experiances happening around the house during that time and it just seemed very strange that my sister had a play mate like that.

I think that your soon is playing with some sort of ghost, but i wouldn't worry about it. Young children are often very sensetive about spirits and the paranormal. Its definitely worth checking out the history of your house, because that might clear some things up for you, too.

Thank you for your reply and sharing your story about your sister.

I called my mother and asked her if I had one (imaginary friend) when I was young, and she stated I indeed did. Several in fact, over the years. I don't personally remember having them though.

(But thats a whole other long story for some other group/board. I don't recall many things from my childhood, and still some others are very clear.)

I would think it's kind of cool for my kid to have a ghost as a friend/playmate. I'd tell him to invite her to dinner and set a place for her, just to see what happens. Tell him to tell her she's welcome in the house as long as she's good. =) BUT, also beware. If it's a demon, then verbally accepting their presence could be dangerous. I heard they need your permission to enter your lives. So, it's a risky business. Haha. Good luck though.

Also, one thing that bothered me... I wouldn't think a cute, innocent little girl woud threaten to kill anyone... so I would consider that a heads up to be very careful.

Thank you for your reply and advice.

I really don't feel like it was a threat made out of fact that she would. But it seemed more like when a child is trying to express soemthing with deep feeling. They tend to go overboard in doing so. Now, I could of course be wrong. But so far, so good.

I feel that you have a spirit of a child in your hame she sounds like she looks at you like a mother, by her threating your husband, if he hurted you she would kill him, take that threat serious I would do some reserch on your house while you are not in it, you don't want this spirit to know what you are up to, she will becaome p***ed off. As for your boy's if she becomes mad at them or jealous I wonder if she can do physical harm and what she talks to your boy about, I would have a talk with your boy about his firend outside your home, also have a medium come in your home and see if she/he can get the vibe of the girl, so on...

Be careful.

Thank you for sharing your story with me, as well as the advice. :)

I think everyone seems to be of the same opinion that I should do soem sort of research on our home and find out about its past. Which really that shouldn't be to hard to do, as we live in a very small town and most everyone who lives here, has been here thier whole lives, or near that.

When/if I find something out I will certainly post it.

mystikal_angel

my son is 4 years old and an only child. I often hear him talking to someone when he is playing by himself. I wonder if he could have an imaginary friend. I adopted my son as a newborn.

Thank you for your reply, and sharing your story.

My children are adopted as well. Perhaps he does, have an imaginary friend. It's not that uncommon. ;)

Am I the only one who didn't have an imaginary friend???? =( I feel lonely now...

But yea, like I said in my earlier post: if it's a demon just playing nice, you'd be sorry to admit it into your life. I got that from reading a post in an "Anabelle" thread a while ago. Anabelle was that haunted doll. But yea, the demon used the doll as a medium and the victims thought it was the harmless ghost of a little girl so they accepted her. Then it got very violent.

Just be careful.

Edited by kaiboijin

Am I the only one who didn't have an imaginary friend???? =( I feel lonely now...

Awww ((hugs))

Maybe you did and just don't remember?

Don't feel bad. When I was a kid, we were so poor not even my imaginary friend would play with me.

Edited by Onyxdk

Don't feel bad. When I was a kid, we were so poor not even my imaginary friend would play with me.

PUAHAHAHHAAH!!! That's funny man. Hahaha....

I answered this one in the blog, but I have to disagree with what is said here by Spiro.

If the child is spirit then despite the threats the child can not hurt the living (my opinion) so I wouldn't take the threat seriously at all. The child probly has issues with men for some reason....The only thing that will hurt you is the fear of this...but there really isn't anything to fear. The child should be treated as a child and any naughty behaviour/threats are a no no...you are the adults and this is your house and your time living on earth. Make that be known!

If you feel this is more than you can cope with then look into getting a good medium out to help the child.

Hi and what I was getting at is what if the spirit is a Demon? I don't know nearly as much as you do nor am I gifted like you.

Since you aer gifted and know more about spirits and such, what if this lil girl is actualy a Demon? this was my concern...

Thank you,

Tammy