Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is the heart our emotional memory centre?

bLu3 de 3n3rgy

The heart CANNOT STORE memories like the brain. Unless you believe the 'soul' can be transplanted, this nothing more than a mere coincedence.

Did you read the holographic universe theory I posted?

Do you totally refute it?

Do you think you fully understand how this reality works beyond any question of doubt?

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• metacast

• frogfish

• A+Certified

• Raptor

Hey no need to get so sarcastic :blink:

This documentry is saying it's MORE than just a coincedence, the examples/case studies they know of are just to complex to be coincedence. The Docu is called 'transplanting memories' It's one of those they play on the discovery channels, look out for it and see what you think.

But not everything was necessarily true, things are often exaggerated to make them look more interesting.

What has that got to do with this thread?

Do you think you fully understand how this reality works beyond any question of doubt?

For all practical purposes, science can.

actually the heart can regulate itself frog, theres a patch of cells on the heart called the "pacemaker" and that CAN regulate itself, BUT the brain does command the pacemaker when something is wrong, or different.

and as for "the heart had a reaction first" that is a huge lie, becuase just seeing the picture requires the brain to put the picture together. there is no way the heart had a reaction before the brain even put the picture together, and recognized it. UNLESS you can provide a link

I think that it said the heart had a reaction before the image came up so it could 'prepare itself'.

I'll try and watch it again if it repeats, then I'll be able to understand everything properly.

so you are saying that the brain told the heart the picture was going to come up? then the brain acted first. unless your telling me that the heart somehow "knew" that a pic was going to be shown even though it couldnt see it, and had no warning from the brain? and even if it did try to "prepare itself", for what? how can my heart "prepare" when my brain hasnt told it there is something to prepare for? am i going to have a heart attack if im startled, and have not "prepared" my heart? it just doesnt fit.

That is just ridiculous.

dr. emoto.

its not so ridiculous.

water is magical. it holds vibrational energy paterns. Who is to say the brain can't translate them. water is affected by emotions. check out the name above he does alot of research concerning water.

maybe water is the the spirit or substance that exists within the material world that our souls can bind to. its something to think about.

Edited by ADbox

i thought about it, and i respect what you think, but i viamently disagree. water is (to me) a fluid that helps cells make ATP, and a medium for transporting chemicals, thats it. maybe water can transport sumthing that can alter emotions, but i dont see water being anyhitng like you say

oh, and water isnt some mystery, its hydrogen and oxygen, simple as that. i dont know what "vibration" you refer to, water must be acted upon to vibrate. (a law of motion)

Edited by A+certified

dr. emoto.

its not so ridiculous.

water is magical. it holds vibrational energy paterns. Who is to say the brain can't translate them. water is affected by emotions. check out the name above he does alot of research concerning water.

maybe water is the the spirit or substance that exists within the material world that our souls can bind to. its something to think about.

If I remember right, what Dr. Emoto is that emotions could change the formation of ice crystals, and he demonstrated that by having someone listen to music and have them in some way interact with the water, the water is then examined and the shape of the crystals formed is recorded. It seems logical that the only real effect the music had on the water, were the vibrations being sent through the person which could have directly effected the crystal formation.

so you are saying that the brain told the heart the picture was going to come up? then the brain acted first. unless your telling me that the heart somehow "knew" that a pic was going to be shown even though it couldnt see it, and had no warning from the brain? and even if it did try to "prepare itself", for what? how can my heart "prepare" when my brain hasnt told it there is something to prepare for? am i going to have a heart attack if im startled, and have not "prepared" my heart? it just doesnt fit.

Apart from the obvious fact that the brain was in communication with the rest of the body; I'm talking about a direct response to the images.

i thought about it, and i respect what you think, but i viamently disagree. water is (to me) a fluid that helps cells make ATP, and a medium for transporting chemicals, thats it. maybe water can transport sumthing that can alter emotions, but i dont see water being anyhitng like you say

oh, and water isnt some mystery, its hydrogen and oxygen, simple as that. i dont know what "vibration" you refer to, water must be acted upon to vibrate. (a law of motion)

its that too. and i think there is further mystery, apart from what already defines water.

Yep. emoto would project emotions, and music, to hundreds of samples of water. Positive emotions and harmonic music would produce organised and astheticly(sp) pleasing ice crystals, while the negatice emotions and sporatic music would produce chaotic ice crystals. Thereby, possibly (if his research is right), proving that non material things such as emotion has effects on something material, water. Nearly everything is composed of water.

But it could be that it isnt just water that is responsive to emotions, its something common in everything that holds these specific energy patterns. Water just was our way of figuring it out. But if it is just water, then every drop that we sponge into our body holds onto the nonmaterial energies that we experience throughout our life.

If that is so, then the purity of our water isnt just based on its physical contents, but the energy it holds. So water with positive vibes might make you emotionaly or spiritualy healthier... at least until you attach negative energys of your own into it. Then the water could capture those energies/emotions until they pass out your system.

for example. if i farted into the air, and then mysted the air with a spray bottle, the water might collect the stinky methane in an attempt to purify the air.

i dunno. i just think these are relavent rants.

sometimes i like to call water the holy spirit. doesnt make it true though.

intake toxins= dehydrations. smoke= dehydrate. drink = dehydrate. cry dehydrate.

but do you dehydrate when you get angry or excited or anything else emotional?

Edited by ADbox

Yep. emoto would project emotions, and music, to hundreds of samples of water. Positive emotions and harmonic music would produce organised and astheticly(sp) pleasing ice crystals, while the negatice emotions and sporatic music would produce chaotic ice crystals.

That can be easily explained using science. The music we consider to be harmonic is that produced by light, rhythmic soundwaves (which will only have a small effect), whereas the music which is 'angry' is made up of erratic soundwaves with a high amplitude (which will have a much great effect on the particles).

Yep. emoto would project emotions, and music, to hundreds of samples of water. Positive emotions and harmonic music would produce organised and astheticly(sp) pleasing ice crystals, while the negatice emotions and sporatic music would produce chaotic ice crystals.

That can be easily explained using science. The music we consider to be harmonic is that produced by light, rhythmic soundwaves (which will only have a small effect), whereas the music which is 'angry' is made up of erratic soundwaves with a high amplitude (which will have a much great effect on the particles).

actually the heart can regulate itself frog, theres a patch of cells on the heart called the "pacemaker" and that CAN regulate itself, BUT the brain does command the pacemaker when something is wrong, or different.

:no: Without the brain, the heart cannot survive. It cannot send impulses to itself.

intake toxins= dehydrations. smoke= dehydrate. drink = dehydrate. cry dehydrate.

That's because cells lyse, and the water is expelled. Learn about Osmosis.

Dr. Emoto is more of a pseudoscientist. When ask to duplicate his project, he can't. He has no credibility.

Water, like A+ said, is just needed to make energy. There is nothing magical about it.

our emotions come from our mind, and our brain triggers are blood rate to go faster when we 'think' or 'feel' love, thus making our heart go faster, which makes our heart seem it but its just our mind, no matter what

Frogfish?

JC2 what do you think the implications of the heart doing this would be?

Do you think it's possible the key to really understanding emotional and personality disorders could lie in the hearts relationship with the brain?

I don't see how it relates...

Are you truly that incompetent to either not be able to read the holographic universe post, or understand the relation to this thread that it has?

Oh dear

Edited by Uversa

Guest Lottie
I have deleted several posts. Using profanities, insults and flaming situations is not tolerated on UM. PM's will be sent along with warnings to the offenders. You know who you are.

Are you truly that incompetent to either not be able to read the holographic universe post, or understand the relation to this thread that it has?

Oh dear

Or are you truly incompetent that you can't prove this idea without the help of another fantasical and outrageous claim?

Use facts. Not ideas.

:no:

By the looks of it frogfish, your ego will not allow you to answer these questions.

The one I can answer for you is the third one, in which case your arguments are not solid - not fact - and not 100% correct. Unfortunately you seem to think otherwise.

A friendly debate is great, but you speak as if only what you say is 100% correct, which is to be fair quite rediculous

Edited by Uversa

JC2 what do you think the implications of the heart doing this would be?

Do you think it's possible the key to really understanding emotional and personality disorders could lie in the hearts relationship with the brain?

Not really, I personally feel that the hearts part of the process but as it has been stated there are more things within the dynamics of personal problems such as personality and emotional issues.

Its not as simple as some of the simple minded people would like to suggest……

I have some whopping issues that have taken a great punch out of my life per sae, issues that have enabled me to do some remarkable things as well so for every problem there is a solution it just takes time to gather up all the possibilities and see which things balance out what conflicts….

I would love to be able to say that the heart plays a major factor in the process of imagination but and that’s a big but, time is the issue.

A creative mind is definitely full of passion and a heart beats a mighty beat when full of that stuff so something is definitely at play….

Just have to wait for the science to prove/disprove the theories currently at play…

All this talk of its just a muscle is science from the middle ages type of thinking, I like the ideas that surround the current emf philosophies but again science is a little slow and technology IS being adapted to study the effects on may levels so fingers crossed a lot of answer will be coming in the none to distant future….

Adjure…

this thread may as well be closed now. all it will turn into is a bully trying to get attention by making fun of people. JC2, i think you know that your just another bully.

this is the only proffesor i could find in a google search of your name:

http://www.cox.smu.edu/academic/professor.do/rmargeri

if that is you, dont you think your a little old for this kind of behaivor?

the only other links were for a guy who invented some tea performance thing, and i dont think thats you

Edited by A+certified

Guest Lottie
Another couple of posts have been deleted from here. Guys be civil with eachother otherwise further warnings will be issued.