Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

friend sees demons

tendo

theres a girl i know...from a chatroom, she says that every once in a while, she sees demons, she knows theyre demons cuz all they talk about is God and satan. im not sure what to think, as i dont know if shes lying or not (she said this in a christian chat room so im givin her the benefit of the doubt) but...does n e one have n e info on demon hauntings, so i can see if what she says matches up?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Phantom

• babyforrest

• tendo

• Vera Ikon

So how do you know when you’ve got a demon problem? "A human spirit can only move an object three, 10 pounds max," explains Jason Hawes. "An inhuman spirit can move an object 300 pounds or more. I’ve had a fridge slide out, couches move." And demons are far more likely to be bullies. "People have been pushed, scratched, bitten," Hawes continues, "shoved downstairs, stuff like that. They’re evil." Paul Eno agrees that demons are evil, but disinterestedly so. "I think of them as paranormal sharks," he says. "It’s a sterile feeling, uncaring."

With demon hauntings, the more scared you get, the stronger they get. Demons, say those in the business, are parasitical. "They come in and feed on people," Eno says. "They literally feed off emotions. When a person is surrounded by negative energy, when the environmental factors are right, these entities come in and play frisbee with the fine china, rip the covers off at night, anything to push your buttons, and what they are doing is eating. The point is, you can get rid of them with positive thinking, with support from friends and family, with lots of love."

Source : Boston Phoenix

My friend used to date a guy that claimed he could see demons and angels. She only dated him for about half a week (wonder why). As it turns out he could only see these things after he dropped acid. True story.

I liked what Phantom said though. I agreed with the part about feeding off of emotions. I used to work in a haunted place. The more angry, upset or scared I was the worse the poltergeist became. I don't know about it being a demon, but I am open to the possibility.

I agree with the theory of spirits feeding off emotions, but I think it's far more likely that the girl in question is mentally unstable. Just because she posts in a Christian chat room doesn't mean she's legit. It's more likely that she has some form of schzophrenia. I'm in school for psychology and I've met some people with schizophrenia. Exaggerated, extremely odd religious beliefs can accompany the disorder, along with beliefs that one is God, or another religious figure, or that one can communicate with God or has special powers. During an internship a few years ago, I met a woman in the psych ward who believed she'd been commanded by God to destroy the devil, who'd taken the form of the sister she was living with. Go figure. When police showed up, the woman was found throwing every black or red object she could find in the house out of the windows, because they were "evil". The woman then assured me that no one had to be afraid any more because she'd defeated the devil. Her sister was safe, however. I'm open to the idea that demons/evil spirit forms exist. But from a mental health perspective, it's just far more likely that those "demons" exist solely in the mind.

• 4 weeks later...

So how do you know when you’ve got a demon problem? "A human spirit can only move an object three, 10 pounds max," explains Jason Hawes. "An inhuman spirit can move an object 300 pounds or more. I’ve had a fridge slide out, couches move." And demons are far more likely to be bullies. "People have been pushed, scratched, bitten," Hawes continues, "shoved downstairs, stuff like that. They’re evil." Paul Eno agrees that demons are evil, but disinterestedly so. "I think of them as paranormal sharks," he says. "It’s a sterile feeling, uncaring."

With demon hauntings, the more scared you get, the stronger they get. Demons, say those in the business, are parasitical. "They come in and feed on people," Eno says. "They literally feed off emotions. When a person is surrounded by negative energy, when the environmental factors are right, these entities come in and play frisbee with the fine china, rip the covers off at night, anything to push your buttons, and what they are doing is eating. The point is, you can get rid of them with positive thinking, with support from friends and family, with lots of love."

Source : Boston Phoenix

Agreed! I definitly believe they exist although I'm not to sure about the traditional Christian ideas of demons, yet alone demon possession. Especially since according to my church, almost everyone fits the description of a demon possessed person.

i also agree that spirits feed off emotion. whenever there is alot of tention in my home. the two spirits there are more active.never have they harmed anyone through this but they are definetly mischievious.

*doesn't think seeing demons running around after taking drugs really counts as being possessed....*

I think if someone you know is claiming that they see demons, or interact with them in some way, I wouldn't take their word for it tongue.gif If I were to go round to their house and find tea pots flying around, and horrifying shrieks tearing through the walls, then I might rethink that stance...but I'd be extremely surprised.

That's the thing about chat rooms...people can say just about anything they want, and then walk away from the computer screen and, since they don't know anyone they lied to, nobody cares...I once spent a year chatting to a girl who turned out to be known as Dave to 'her' friends huh.gif

Tendo ........... she's yanking your chain sweetheart