Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Free Handbook of the Navigator

shakti_junkie

The Handbook of The Navigator, Eric Pepin of Higher balance Institutes first Book has just been released in full for free in PDF Format. I have an actual print copy of the book and Ive read it 3 times, thats how good it is. Anybody who is Interested in Downloading it can go to www.navigatorhandbook.com

I hope to keep this thread open for discussion and open commentary on the topic of the book if that is at all possible.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• shakti_junkie

• coldethyl

• bluesimone

• ghreldion

Man all the terms and agreements just to download a file...I don't think so.... :hmm:

Just legalities, as it is free thats your loss, nobody elses..

I just finished readin this book and have to go back and read it a couple of more times to make sure I digest the information correctly. But so far, good, almost life-changing stuff. Especially since I am or WAS (more or less) a fundamentalist Christian. The book made lots of sense, but at the same time it turned my ideas about God and the world and other human beings completely upside down. I'm still a little confused and actually sad to see these beliefs I've held for so long kinda...die.

I've never heard of any of this ....Could anyone fill me in on what he and the book are about ?

Thanks

I know what you mean PDub, But rest assured no belief system you could have held is ever going to be as beautifull and fullfilling as the truth once its found. It simply is perfect.

Bogeyman, its all in the book have at it. :)

I know what you mean PDub, But rest assured no belief system you could have held is ever going to be as beautifull and fullfilling as the truth once its found. It simply is perfect.

Bogeyman, its all in the book have at it. :)

Have downloaded it ...will give some feedback when i've read some of it

Edited by Bogeyman

Just legalities, as it is free thats your loss, nobody elses..

Yeah, you keep the spam.

Yeah, you keep the spam.

Thanks for your contribution to this discussion coldethyl. Are you through? Because Id like to keep the rest of this thread clear for those who are open to actually reading the material BEFORE critiquing. Ive posted this link for the interest of forum members. If no interest is had please move on. If moderators would like to take issue with my posting free info so be it. Otherwise all opinions and arguments supporting or refuting the information layed out in this book is welcome.

Thanks for your contribution to this discussion coldethyl. Are you through?

You're welcome. I dunno, I'll see. I just made a comment about all the crap you have to go thru before you can even download the thing. I'll be through when I'm through. :tu:

You're welcome. I dunno, I'll see. I just made a comment about all the crap you have to go thru before you can even download the thing. I'll be through when I'm through. :tu:

"all the crap?" you type in your e-mail address and the file is sent to you directly. Please refrain from your petty pessimistic comments in efforts to save face. Im trying to share something that is life altering, something many have been looking for there entire lives myself included and your immature manner is not helping in the least. Your only making a fool of yourself and this is not necessarily about you.

"all the crap?" you type in your e-mail address and the file is sent to you directly. Please refrain from your petty pessimistic comments in efforts to save face. Im trying to share something that is life altering, something many have been looking for there entire lives myself included and your immature manner is not helping in the least. Your only making a fool of yourself and this is not necessarily about you.

Yeah and after you type in your email address what else is sent to you directly? Tons and tons of spam, maybe? I'm not trying to save face. It's funny though when people are called out on something if they know it's true they get so defensive. :tu: And I never said it was about me. I'm just stating my opinion. :yes:

It's funny though when people are called out on something if they know it's true they get so defensive.

:no:.... I'll just quote part of what you said this time only for the irony of it.

Your just projecting assumptions that are completely false and your actually making a complete ass out of yourself you know that right?

:no:.... I'll just quote part of what you said this time only for the irony of it.

Your just projecting assumptions that are completely false and your actually making a complete ass out of yourself you know that right?

:lol: No I guess I don't. But keep telling me, I'll get it. :tu:

:lol: No I guess I don't. But keep telling me, I'll get it. :tu:

look.. if your affraid of getting spam, have it sent to an e-mail account that you dont use just incase and wallaw, issue solved. Thats not what this is about. If there are a few like minded individuals out there who can find the benefit in the knowledge offered here through my token effort, Im happy.

look.. if your affraid of getting spam, have it sent to an e-mail account that you dont use just incase and wallaw, issue solved. Thats not what this is about. If there are a few like minded individuals out there who can find the benefit in the knowledge offered here through my token effort, Im happy.

Fine. You didn't have to go off on one. If you're civil, so am I. :tu: I don't have a problem with your effort at all. :tu:

I've been involved with the HB institute for several years in the past. Eric gives out some useful information particularly for the main stream and people from organized religion who have probably had very little information regarding any methods or "western" explanations of eastern concepts. Unfortunately IMO much of the institute is geared towards profit and as such his "free" book while it does contains information which may seem to open the minds of new seekers is actually more like an infomercial - it educates you to what you "need" to buy.

The techniques themselves are not bad but fail to provide results promised for the majority of people. Sure you'll get sensations of energy and so on - but in time you will realize that this gives very little change in your life. Then the HB team tells you it's time to upgrade. They tell you that their stuff is cutting edge - because of course everyone wants the cutting edge stuff.

They tell you that this stuff is too advanced for most people to understand - and this gets people thinking "wow! I must be advanced - let's see what else there is."

There is a reason that this company is a multimillion dollar company. Lot's of sales. The mistake that many people make after all this time is that big company = good product

A similar discussion about Higher Balance is going on here:

http://signs-of-the-times.org/signs/forum/...pic.php?id=1360

I have nothing to gain from saying this other than hoping that some people will not waste their time - because in the long run this is the biggest jib - not the money. Spiritual predators/gurus are prolific in this day and age - and the only reason they are is because we as people are not educated on concrete methods of questioning and spiritual inquiry. This needs to change.

Predators throw us some spiritual candy and like children we think it's all good - we miss the hidden agenda.

The best advice I could give is to investigate methods of meditation that are based on mindfulness and self-observation first.

I agree with you bluesimone. I bought the handbook a year or so ago for $20. I thought it was going to be life changing. All I got out of the book was a very long, $20 commercial. :angry2:

I can respect your opinions but to be fare Higher Balance Institute is yet to be that BIG of a company, they have only been around for a few short years, I believe the number is 3. Spiritual predators are a Huge commodity in this day and age without a doubt, an unfortunate side effect of this is the very few true teachers out there in the lime light must also have there bridges burned by this potential being used as a cop out. From personal experience all the claims made about this material by its producers are 110% true. It works like nothing else Ive ever known. My meditation practices are absolutely jaw dropping as a result. The Truth is much of the stuff Eric Pepin and HBI put out is stuff that has been in the past kept as secret knowledge for a variation of reasons. The Inbetween state is one excellent example of just that. This, for those who dont know (im guessing most) is the point where energy converts into matter. It is quite literally a mystical state and that state where all the great masters through-out time have had to enter in performing there greatest so called miracles or feats of incredible circumstances. I personally have experienced it on 2 occassions and I feel confident that I can say without a doubt, its like nothing anybody else out there is putting out and through consistent practice if/when

achieved its guaranteed to skyrocket anyones spiritual practices and level of awareness. The helpline from all my experiences have been nothing short of just that, exceptionally helpfull. Never without integrity, products are not even mentioned or suggested unless a possible need for this or that is expressed. Add to all this the return policy, which is a lifetime 100 percent money back guarantee. If you dont like it, dont keep it. As for the book being a 20 dollar commercial, is it really? I mean such things as ohh i dunno, how God came to be are explained with a great sensibility, among many other insightfull revelations. There is one chapter towards the end of the book that speaks about purchasing the Higher balance foundation set and is that so terrible? Is that the element that makes the rest of the book nothing but a mere commercial for you? So be it. For me, its everything claimed and then some. cutting edge? absolutely. spiritual predators? absurdly not so.

p.s. I just read that thread you just posted and I have to say if that forum group isnt completely biased I dont know what is. When actual moderaters and admistrators come out and say you have to read there books before you can have a legitimate opinion about something that they themselves have not even tried is ludicrous. Notice how they just swarm alpha wheel when he attempts to put things into perspective. I made a short 3 sentence post in his defense and my membership was banned and I just noticed my post was deleted. I dont mean to get on you bluesimone but you say youve been involved with Higher Balance in the past, do you really honestly and truthfully believe they are so deceitful as you've painted them to be? honestly..

Edited by shakti_junkie

after some considered thought Ive come to the conclusion that nobody can do Eric justice like the man himself. So with that, I give you a link to a few free internet radio seminars held by none other than Eric Pepin and Higher Balance Institute. http://www.hbidynamics.com/podcasts.html

I hope this helps clear the air a bit.

Just to give some background on myself I would consider myself a fairly disciplined practitioner of meditation(some 25 years). I am pretty much open to trying out any system - and by try I mean fully immerse myself in it to see what it's about. In HB case I gave it a good one and half years or so. I was part of the Star Reach program which is their coaching program.

I know that Eric often says that no one else is putting anything out remotely like what he is. Not only do I find this statement ludicrous but I have in fact had this discussion with him and his staff indicating sources that openly and freely share far more advanced information than he. His response? Most people won't understand it. He makes it far more easy and simple. Further more he and and his coaches indicated that the reason that I found his stuff so easy has because I was "very advanced." This genuinely does not stroke my ego as I have trained with teachers and senior students who can trigger experiences within moments that I can not even comprehend - not even on the intellectual level. I know for a fact that I am not advanced.

As far as Eric not being "that big a company" - I guess it's all relative - he's no Microsoft sure - but even he has openly stated and also does so on his podcast that HB is a multimillion dollar company. I also know for a fact that his 1 hour consultations cost $800.

Still that being said by concern is not really with the money. My main interest at this point in my life is spiritual development - I am quite willing to spend money on exploring new methods even if they end up not being all that they promised. My main concern is wasting time on systems that do not deliver all that they promise.

In truth the "in between state" is not a big deal at all in most method schools of meditation. Many teachers would be amazed that it is even considered something at all - it's more of a side effect. For the record Huna, Gnostics, Tantrics, Winn, Samuel Sagan(just to mention a few), all explain ways to enter the in between state as a conduit to far deeper states and the methods are actually 100% reliable. My former coach who I developed a good friendship with admited to me that no one else within the institute had even come close to experiencing anything that Eric had. She believed and had had agreement with Eric that there were things in the system that held people back - but nothing had been done about it.

Another coach said to me that while HB material helps to develop energy centers and cultivate ones 6th sense or intuition - in his experience finding true spirit was another path completely. Personally I don't believe there's anything wrong with seek psychic abilities - but it is extremely misleading to believe that just because someone has psychic abilities they will have a greater connection to spirit.

Personally I'm not into bashing anyone but I've said to HB that there are methods out there that can bring consistent results far easier than theirs. Erics reply was that most of the mainstream are just not ready for that kind of practice - that most people are not disciplined enough or ready for the knowledge. I don't share that opinion - I believe that keeping people in the dark simply makes them look for gurus - and gives the wow factor at psychic tricks and so on. It's something that has been repeated throughout history. Keep the masses ignorant and in awe. Another coach has also said that people will get to the stage where HB can no longer do anything for them. That they will realize that what they thought was "profound" was not really.

I believe that Eric is an honourable man who is struggling between that and the desire to be "the best out there" and have a successful company. He has said himself that there is no one out there who give out as many "secrets" as he - and he has also admitted that everyone must eventually take control of their own spiritual destiny - a moment of honesty and one which I appreciate him saying to his many followers.

As far as "secrets" go - I had experienced all that HB had to offer years ago - and even though I genuinely know that I am not an advanced student of spirit the experiences I have had amazed all the staff at HB. All I can say is that I have had very good and honest teachers who have never tried to say that they had all the answers but provided me with methods that worked consistently. All my teachings have also been free and straight from the heart.

My point is not that HB needs to be ignored - it is that when Eric declares that he gives more than anyone else - he can put new comers off looking anywhere else. He is implying that he has the best answers and secrets out there and this can seriously stop people from progressing. I would far prefer it if he simply said - look I know that I'm good at what I do - but the path of spirituality is very broad and there are many details and areas that other people specialize in. Eric does not want to allow for the possiblity that there are major gaps in his teaching. This is turn encourages his students who do not want to face the possibility that their teacher may be wrong from looking for those gaps. So that's my main point - use the methods if you choose - but know that there is a lot more out there that could give you what you want also. Allow teachers to say "don't look anywhere else" but don't let that stop you from looking everywhere else.

So which is he a predator or an honourable man, because he certainly cant be both. I know everyone on Higher Balance staff or have atleast met everyone and I feel I know most of them farely well, from that I have to more than just wonder but seriously doubt you arent taking these claims you make of things said completly out of context. I too have studied alot of different paths from shamanism to some of the great indian yogi lineages of the east. I may not have 25 years under my belt but Ive looked into enough that I know the stuff Eric is putting on the table is of extremely high end nature. He is the only one bringing much of these teachings to the main stream. The only one. To suggest that he is holding back on some way, I find very hard to believe as he's already controversial in all that he does offer.

Now if they said you were very advanced I dont think they meant that in a category amongst enlightened masters. If they said you were very advanced amongst students then you probably are. As much as Higher Balance support the possible catalyst that confidence can be they also are pretty good about keeping egos in check from my own experiences.

On the topic of the inbetween being not a big deal, I think it can be gathered even from what you have said that it is the doorway to some very profound states, which would actually from the best of my knowledge just be deeper states of the inbetween. You also seem to be intent on implying that Erics direct students have not had there share of profound experiences. In response to that I think the bending reality cd which is a compendium of just some of the many experiences they claim to have had says it all. You say you've been a seeker for some 25 years, I know of atleast 2 direct students of Erics who have awakened in under ten and 2 other participants who rightfully have claimed the same in under 3. Surely It wasnt a waste of there time it would seem.

Im just about as wary of a spiritualist as you will find, Im very carefull where I tread and Ive never been so comfortable of the competence in a teachers ability to deliver the goods as I am with Eric. I certainly dont believe he has all the answers, I would never put that burden on anyones shoulders. what I do know is he has offered more than all the other courses or teachers Ive studied under combined. And I do not restrict myself to his teachings but as far as meditation goes, I would agree that its important to keep a consistent particular practice for that I only use the foundation meditation with great satisfaction.

So Eric strives to be the best teacher out there, big deal is that really such a sin? What he doesnt do is parade around claiming to be the most enlightened avatarian saint like so many others I know of. Although It arguable he is amongst those highly evolved he doesnt make it about him, he makes it about the teachings. And as much ego that he admittantly does have he has more than enough humble sensibility to even the playing field. The new age world is filled with so much of nothing but fancy sayings as it is Its rediculously stagnant. HBI's material are at best a clear cut path to an awakened state and at worst a breath of fresh air. The real sharks out there are the likes of scientology and the many brands of evangelicals. Most certainly not HBI. But for those out there still seeking the best advice I can offer is to follow that navigator, that inner knowing will not lead you astray. And the excercising of the 6th sense will only help to refine that knowing. You will know when you know that you know.

For me Higher Balance has been a true gift. They gave me a much needed jump start to my spiritual progress and this progress is continued at a rapid rate. I would have no intentions of mixing up my practice now. Im more than content, if I wasnt I certainly would not stay in it for as long as I have. I am in it for the long haul though and Im without doubt that this path will lead to the destination in good time.

You may misunderstand me a bit Shakti. I'm not saying that there is anything wrong(certainly I never said it was a sin!) if Eric or anyone wishes to be the best teacher they can be - on the contrary - I am all for it. One obstacle though when someone wants to be seen as the best out there. Is that this desire for image or ego can begin to compromise other pursuits.

Also I am not saying that Eric is holding back - what I am saying is that he does not know all that he is making out to know. All this means is that he like any of us have much more to learn.

As for predator/honourable man - don't you believe it is possible for people to have dualities? Parts or aspects of themselves in opposition or struggle with one another? Can a fearful person also have a courageous side? Can a shallow person also have a honorable side? I believe they can. I certainly don't mind you having the opinion that the two sides can't exist together though.

As far as HB telling me that I'm "advanced" - I'm not even interested in putting myself in the category of Enlightened - for the record I've already said that I don't even consider myself advanced. It's just a relative term anyway and the only reason I mentioned it was to indicate where HB put me on their scale of learning.

Regarding the students and perhaps Eric himself being "awakened" - well I guess this depends on what "awakened" means. I know that the Buddha refered to himself as being "awakened." I know that I definitely would not put Eric or any of his students in the category of the Buddha - but again I certainly don't mind you having the opinion that he or others is awakened. It is isn't the kind of awakening that I seek - but that's only because we have different paths. Interestingly though there are quite a few "masters" out there that claim to be the only enlightened and awakened beings in our world.

When all is said and done my intention is not to offend you or Eric. I would wish for all people to have the opportunity to achieve or realize their own spiritual and higher selves. Whatever methods get them there are good methods. Perhaps I've been overly confrontational about my opinions here and I genuinely do not seek to denigrate your own experiences or any beliefs that work for you. On the contrary if they work for you then they work for you - this is the main thing.

My primary interest is in encouraging the exploration of many systems and teachings in the hope that everyone can understand the underlying principles beneath all of them and ultimately know themselves. This is the main area where Eric and I differ. But there are many ways up the mountain. Again if you disagree this is fine. Each person has their own "best" way - and that's my point - HB may not be the best way for everyone to understanding spirituality - I know it is a good way for you Shakti, and again I'm not undermining that - I'm just putting it out there that if people don't connect with this material don't think that it's just you, don't think you have some problem why spirit eludes you. There are other ways and methods that will suit you. This is why I think it is dangerous when someone proposes that they are the "best" - because people who don't "get it" think there is something wrong with them - they're not practicing right or enough - or perhaps they just never will get it. It's fine for you or me Shakti - but I have met many people who yearn for more and have been through systems like HB and others and where hindered by the belief the system would work for them but they were just doing something wrong. And so they stayed and they stayed - they were never encouraged to search elsewhere - until eventually experience just showed that nothing was happening for them - they left disillusioned with the whole "spiritual thing." Some of them continued the search later. Some of them still have not.

I have often and continue to refer people to HB when I believe they will connect well with that system. But I also encourage them to look broader if in time they do not get what they seek. Many of my peers do not practice the ragtag conglomerate of methods that work for me. We argue and laugh at each other but at the end of the day we respect the fact that we are all finding our own way to the same goal. That is what my true intention is here Shakti alright? I'm sorry if my own ego expressed itself in a way that offended you.

So was I right about this all along then? :huh: