Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Christianity

AndyThorley

Im pretty sure this one's gonna get locked pretty quickly...so just to make sure you all know, Im not doing this to start an argument or say anyone is wrong or anything...I just wanna chat.

Does anybody else feel somewhat ...cheated, I suppose...by the recent developments about homosexual clergymen?

Now Im not bashing gay people, here...its their choice (or whatever, I dont get how it comes about) and thats fine by me. NOR am I bashing christianity...

Im just saying I find it really annoying that high ranking people in the church say "Does the bible encourage homosexuality and if not we'll make our own version where it does" (and surely this is putting something before God, which is a fundamental no-no of any kind of christian)

Maybe its because it was the only thing we really looked at in depth in RE, but christianity is the only religion I know that functions like an ISP package.

You write down what you want to believe in and choose which type of christianity suits you best. If you dont like something you change it to suit you. Its the linux of religions.

I cant help but wonder what God makes of all this (if indeed he exists)...he must be up there like "What on earth is going on down thar?" it must make him upset to see people warping his religion to suit their needs.

Hell, I dont even know what the original form of christianity is (that is, before stuff like church of england came about..the ORIGINAL form)

GAH...its just so damn confusing...

And if anyone has information about religious denominations in any religion other than christianity then please tell...I seem to recall Hinduism involving something like that, but I spent most of those lessons goofing off or correcting the teacher, so hit me with whatcha got.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AndyThorley

• Phantom

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

And if anyone has information about religious denominations in any religion other than christianity then please tell...

so hit me with whatcha got.

Let's not. The thread itself already starts off on the wrong foot. I will not wait untill this becomes the "Let's Bash Each Others Religion" thread.

Im pretty sure this one's gonna get locked pretty quickly...

So why start it in the first place? This board is no soapbox for politics, nor is it a pulpit for religion, or lack thereof.

Trust you understand.