Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Favor...Help me debunk 'orb' photos!

Lint

hey lint, good to hear other people are trying to get photographic evidence to debunk this CRAP!!

shaking off any pillow/jumper or just stomping on the carpet can kick up enough dust to

get some dust'orbs', it can be very irritating when you have to use a camera with slow flash recharge,

as i find better quality cameras with larger lens' and flash units further away from the lens are not so good at capturing them.

you might wanna read through the 'orbs are spirit energy.. my evidence' thread for a lot of opinions and photos

and hey i was gonna make a website with my pics, but im too lazy atm!

as for taking pics of dust being useless.. well hundreds of people are doing it and saying they are spirits,

whats the point in that?

Edited by jonb

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lint

• Passtheflask

• Sasa

• Acenaspheru

hey lint, good to hear other people are trying to get photographic evidence to debunk this CRAP!!

shaking off any pillow/jumper or just stomping on the carpet can kick up enough dust to

get some dust'orbs', it can be very irritating when you have to use a camera with slow flash recharge,

as i find better quality cameras with larger lens' and flash units further away from the lens are not so good at capturing them.

you might wanna read through the 'orbs are spirit energy.. my evidence' thread for a lot of opinions and photos

and hey i was gonna make a website with my pics, but im too lazy atm!

as for taking pics of dust being useless.. well hundreds of people are doing it and saying they are spirits,

whats the point in that?

It's not really my contention that all orbs are crap. There are plenty that I can't explain away like that, but I think there are WAY too many people in the 'paranormal community' jumping to conclusions about too many things without ANY real physical reason or evidence, and convincing others to take those assumptions as gospel.

For example...Say there was a bad story about a murderer named Mr.T and he and many others died in a spacific location. Someone goes to that location and collects a few EVP's. One of the EVP's is a male voice that says, "I killed her" in an angry tone.

So, that guy who recorded that EVP goes all over the place and tells people that he has Mr.T on tape saying "I killed her."

Everyone hears the story about the Mr. T murders, and thinks that his claim is completely logical.

Now, I fully believe in the EVP phenomenon, but it could have been ANY spirit or something saying anything, or nothing at all. Who knows the context? But people would rather jump to the comclusion that it HAS to be Mr. T saying "I killed her."

It's like that with a lot of things in the paranormal community. People take pictures of orbs and ignore the fact that it COULD be dust, while others get an apparition on film and everyone buys it because they're told what they're SUPPOSED to be looking for, like an image in a cloud.

Same thing goes on the other side of the argument. I've heard some say that orbs must have their own light to be considered acceptable. There are plenty of energy typs that do not produce light. Who says ALL spirit energy produces light? Another assumption without solid evidence.

Again, I'm not saying that these questionable orb pictures are useless. I don't think that they can be used as proof of anything, but they're definately not useless. I have orbs on my website that as an investigator, I can say with an educated opinion that they're not dust, moisture, pollen or whatever. But, do you hear me coming on here to show them all to you as proof of anything?

Nope. I even have temperature readings to signify cold spots and EMF readings to go along with the orbs. Most people just flash a picture and ignore the rest of the work, forgetting the other readings that could be taken to substantiate their claims.

I think orbs on film could be useful to give investigators an idea WHERE to hunt. A REASON. Not a final result of a hunt. If at the end of a hunt, all you have is some orbs on film, then you better declare the place 'NOT HAUNTED' or prepare to go deeper into investigating the location further.

I guess it'ssort of a round aboutway of saying it but the point I'm really trying to make is, STOP MAKING sh** UP! Do the work. Get the evidence. I don't care what you 'believe' when it comes to a scientific study. Far too many people are claiming to KNOW what they're doing and it's getting out of hand. You show me someone who claims to be "a paranormal expert" and I'll show you a liar and a fraud. I know nothing, and neither does anybody else. I just think it's about time some come down off their high horse and admit it to themselves.

Sorry if that was long, angry, and ranty. :hmm: I'm a nice guy, honest! And i'm very open minded to it all. I just want more facts, less well thought opinions.