Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

"The Secret"

Bogeyman

I disagree. I think it is a very important film and definitely worth watching. The only thing is, it takes dedication and effort to adopt the mindstate they talk about.

You can get it from mininova if you have a bittorrent client.

Edited by RedEyeJedi

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• (31oha2a121)

• Astronema

• DR. YO

• Avius

tried it, didnt work. confidence is the key not some 'secret'.

• 4 months later...

The Secret

The Secret has existed throughout the history of humankind. It has been discovered, coveted, suppressed, hidden, lost and recovered. It has been hunted down, stolen, and bought for vast sums of money. Now for the first time in history, The Secret is being revealed to the world over two breathtaking hours.

A number of exceptional men and women discovered The Secret, and went on to become known as the greatest people who ever lived. Among them: Plato, Leonardo, Galileo, Napoleon, Hugo, Beethoven, Lincoln, Edison, Einstein and Carnegie, to name but a few.

Fragments of The Secret have been found in the oral traditions, in literature, in religions and philosophies throughout the centuries. For the first time, all the pieces of The Secret come together in an incredible revelation which will be life transforming for all who experience it.

Some of today's greatest teachers will be presented in The Secret and will impart this special wisdom that has been known by so few. They include some of the world's leaders in the fields of business, economics, medicine, psychology, history, theology and science. Each of these teachers is living proof of The Secret; each of them a walking marvel of achievement and success...

Included are; 'Miracle Man' Morris Goodman, who tells his awe inspiring story of how he recovered from paralysis by using The Secret. Dr. Denis Waitley, who used various aspects of The Secret in training Olympic athletes and Apollo astronauts to reach new heights of human endeavour. Best selling authors and philosophers including Bob Proctor, John Assaraf, James Ray and Joe Vitale, explain how they have created lives of phenomenal success utilising The Secret. Doctors in the fields of medicine and quantum physics explain the science behind The Secret.

The Secret reveals amazing real life stories and testimonials of regular people who have changed their lives in profound ways. By applying The Secret they present instances of eradicating disease, acquiring massive wealth, overcoming obstacles and achieving what many would regard as impossible.

The Secret reveals how to apply this powerful knowledge to your life in every area from health to wealth, to success and relationships.

The Secret is everything you have dreamed of... and is beyond your wildest dreams.

Source: http://thesecret.tv/home.html

-------------------------------------

My thoughts

If this has already been posted I apologize. I watched this feature length movie a few hours ago and I have been totally surprised and enlightened.

I hope you all watch this as it is an eye opener and delves into the paranormal, scientific, spiritual, and religious aspects of our universe. :tu:

It also delved into the manifestations of thought, believing in yourself and how it will change your life for the better and those around you on a daily basis.

A nice quote from the film: "Follow your bliss and the universe will open doors for you where there were only walls." - Joseph Campbell 1904-1987

Edited by Scorpius

dont insult my intelligence kiddo, its sad to see people like you think they can bad mouth people simply because you feel insecure enough to use the internet as a tool to insult people, when you know no concesquences can come from it. its not big and its not clever buddy.

i did try this on holiday that i just go back from, two weeks of nothing but positive thinking, and i must say it didnt really work for me, maybe its becasue i havent tried it long enough but hey.

plus on a really horrible day i thought, 'ill start this day off great with some positive thinking'

then a bird crapped on me.

THAT is awesome! Usually the only real laffs I get on UM is from the conspiracy boards! On the plus side of the bird poop.........good excuse to go buy a new shirt! Woot!

Wow so much negativity in you people

I have watched the Secret and live my life by it. It is a truly amazing thing to really do. You have to give it a chance and not treat it like its some diet, like your gonna lose weight from it or something. Its not Jenny Craig people.

It is simply changing your thoughts and how you look at life. When we get up in the morning and think, "Oh man, I am not looking forward to going to work, it is gonna SUCK today." THen that is right, you are making it crappy for yourself. What they talk about is the most important thing: You have to think like your in the present tense, not in the future tense. That is the KEY to the secret. "I am rich, I am beautiful, I am intelligent, I am happy, I have a BMW (even though you dont have one yet, think I have one), I have millions of dollars." You are attracting what you are thinking. THis totally works. I am not kidding, it totally works. Negative thoughts do NOT work. When you think negative things like, "My brother is dead, I hate him, he is dead" It is not going to make your brother literally die. Probably what will happen is he will be dead to you. Just you. If you send positive thoughts to people you dont like, you will change their attitude toward you. Right now I have negative thoughts about certain people and they treat me like sh**. I need to retrain my thought so that I focus only on the positive aspects of those people and it will change how they treat me. I've already done work with this with my fiancee. I was focusing my energy on thethings that p***ed me off about him. THis was getting me nothing but more of the same. When I started focusing on the things I liked about him, our relationship completely changed.

Its an amazing movie, you should all watch it. and if you dont get it or think its dumb, its because while you watch it you are saying in your mind, "this is dumb." well, then it will be. if you say, "this is awesome, I totally understand this" it wont be so dumb anymore.

Hi Renza, I was wondering if you gained all the knowledge you needed from watching the video or if there's any good books as well? I haven't seen the video yet but I've started reading a book that taps into this stuff and i'm finding it really interesting. It's deff something I want give a go :)

Oh and does anyone know where the video is being hosted now? None of these links seem to work :huh:

I love this movie and I have got results. It is not an instant gratification thing though. You need to stick with it and discipline yourself to change things gradually.

I had problems at work and was becoming frustrated with how it was working out. I went to interviews and even got to the point of being offered another job.

After changing the way I think I had four things change in one week to turn my job around, and make me decide to stay. I'm a software developer and the things that happened were: we moved to a brand new modern office building, I got a new boss, who decided to change the programming language we primarily use (one of the reasons I wanted to leave) to one I had been applying for jobs in, and I got a pay rise and a bonus all in one week!!! It's almost as if I have a new job.

Now whether that is from using the Law of Attraction or not, I can't say conclusively. But looking back at events in my life and my outlook at the time, and the lives of people I know, I totally believe it works. It does make scientific sense, if you know anything about quantum physics.

Keep at it and practice releasing negativity.

;)

what were your positive thought patterns? in specifics?

Hi Renza, I was wondering if you gained all the knowledge you needed from watching the video or if there's any good books as well? I haven't seen the video yet but I've started reading a book that taps into this stuff and i'm finding it really interesting. It's deff something I want give a go :)

Oh and does anyone know where the video is being hosted now? None of these links seem to work :huh:

Yes there are many books on the subject. I am not sure what they are but I've seen them sitting around in Barnes and Nobles. In fact there's a book called The Law of Attraction which is on this very subject. Basically, it's learning how to think with positive thoughts all the time. If your at work and something p***es you off, try not to think, "that sure did p*** me off". What your doing is attracting what you think. If you think instead, "Oh well, no big deal, I'll move on with my day now" then you'll attract that kind of emotion.

The secret will be hard to find online. What you can do is ask around to your friends if they have a copy, or go to your local video store and see if they have it for rent. It's a good 2 hours long. I have a copy, I might be able to work something out ;)

Edited by rezna

• 4 weeks later...

I was just wondering if anyone here has seen the movie called "The Secret" if not I suggest getting it. It's quite an eye opener and everyone I have introduced to it has loved what it's done for them. The secret has been passed down trough the ages, and it is using the universal law of attraction. The law of attraction states you attract everything that happens to you in your life, by way of thoughts, feelings and images you hold in your mind. Its a mind changer for sure.

I'm currently reading the book now. You're right, it is a mind changer, at least for me. I'm about half way through but I like what I've read so far.

• 2 weeks later...

hey guys, anyonne read or seen the dvd "The Secret" its the hottest thing i guess in a long time, it is 50million copies back up.. it talks about the law of attraction and what not... you should check it out, for those who have read it tell me what u think because im going ot buy it... i had to watch the dvd in class.

This is the real secret. You can put anything into people's heads by simply creating an idea, making a brilliantly produced film about it, getting seemingly professional people to talk in it, reiterating the bulletpoints of your created idea over and over, and find as many ways as possible to charge people money about it. I do tip my hat to people who create a marketing idea out of nothing as they are clever, creative, and just plain good at what they do (which is to give people nothing, put a price tag on it and sell the hell out of it). :rolleyes:

Edited by mattk4today

This is the real secret. You can put anything into people's heads by simply creating an idea, making a brilliantly produced film about it, getting seemingly professional people to talk in it, reiterating the bulletpoints of your created idea over and over, and find as many ways as possible to charge people money about it. I do tip my hat to people who create a marketing idea out of nothing as they are clever, creative, and just plain good at what they do (which is to give people nothing, put a price tag on it and sell the hell out of it). :rolleyes:

It's not "out of nothing", it comes from old teachings passed down. Also, why knock it before you even try it? That makes absolutely no sense.

Edited by Zero of Deism

It's not "out of nothing", it comes from old teachings passed down. Also, why knock it before you even try it? That makes absolutely no sense.

I try it all the time. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. That's because the law is bogus. If you haven't noticed, almost everything has bain said in ancient times, a lot of ideas have floated around for centuries; they chose a somewhat believable one and cherried it out. Like I said; they take an idea, sugarcoat it, and sell it. They're living the American dream.

Edited by mattk4today

I wouldnt knock "The Secret" simply because you do not believe it as truth. We already have scientific evidence, in the field of quantum mechanics, of man choosing the world around them. Take for example the double slit experiment where physicist can choose whether a photon will travel as a wave or a particle. In fact time itself has no bearing on this experiment as astronomers can choose whether a million year old photon left its source as a wave or a particle. There still lies no explanation for this phenomena and if humans can define the quantum state of the universe by observation and choice whose to say that the same doesnt work on a larger scale.

Here is a link to an article about this choice, there are millions of other webpages about the same thing in more and less technical terms.

http://www.bottomlayer.com/bottom/basic_delayed_choice.htm

Here is lay/comical explanation of the double slit experiment:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4237751840526284618

PS sorry for the typos... major headache

Edited by eleazaros

I don't know, maybe it is real. But I'm just wondering why they want to make so much money off of it. Just wait for The Secret pencils and coffee mugs.

I wouldnt knock "The Secret" simply because you do not believe it as truth. We already have scientific evidence, in the field of quantum mechanics, of man choosing the world around them. Take for example the double slit experiment where physicist can choose whether a photon will travel as a wave or a particle. In fact time itself has no bearing on this experiment as astronomers can choose whether a million year old photon left its source as a wave or a particle. There still lies no explanation for this phenomena and if humans can define the quantum state of the universe by observation and choice whose to say that the same doesnt work on a larger scale.

Here is a link to an article about this choice, there are millions of other webpages about the same thing in more and less technical terms.

http://www.bottomlayer.com/bottom/basic_delayed_choice.htm

Here is lay/comical explanation of the double slit experiment:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4237751840526284618

PS sorry for the typos... major headache

interesting spin...Ill have to foreward the link to this thread to my peeps at the ANL Advanced Photon Source (right brainers) :geek: .....B

bareks' glass is half FULL at alll times!