Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

North Korea Nukes - just launched 2 mid-range

rob lester

Well , N.Korea just launched 2 missiles....We new they were getting into this way back with the Nuclear facility work....Well ,do we sit back and wait?..Wonder where this is going to go , and if giving them a big "hug" will help things out....

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• intrepid

• jesspy

• Stellar

• I am me

Top Posters In This Topic

North Korea Threatens US with Nuclear War if Attacked

North Korea's jacked up it’s rhetoric against threats of an American pre-emptive strike today threatening an "annihilating strike" with its nuclear deterrent if military action is taken against the country.

North Korea’s communist party newspaper stated on Monday, "The army and people of the DPRK are now in full preparedness to answer a pre-emptive attack with a relentless annihilating strike and a nuclear war with a mighty nuclear deterrent."

Washington officials have claimed that North Korea is currently planning to test a long-range ballistic missile that according to some may be within striking range of the U.S.

SOURCE

North Korea Threatens US with Nuclear War if Attacked

North Korea's jacked up it’s rhetoric against threats of an American pre-emptive strike today threatening an "annihilating strike" with its nuclear deterrent if military action is taken against the country.

North Korea’s communist party newspaper stated on Monday, "The army and people of the DPRK are now in full preparedness to answer a pre-emptive attack with a relentless annihilating strike and a nuclear war with a mighty nuclear deterrent."

Washington officials have claimed that North Korea is currently planning to test a long-range ballistic missile that according to some may be within striking range of the U.S.

SOURCE

.............they really have no clue how strong our military is. Plus if they launch a nuke at the US we have a right to return the favor and they would have the international community mad at them.

Now they just failed the launch of what could be the Taepodong 2, but they were succesful in launching 4 mid-range SCUD missiles that landed in the sea of japan. Coincidence its on july 4th?

Edited by shikon1

they launched the long range now.....possible problems though...

Looks to me like that North Korean long-range missile was a short-range dud.

Now they just failed the launch of what could be the Taepodong 2, but they were succesful in launching 4 mid-range SCUD missiles that landed in the sea of japan. Damn fools.

The North Koreans don't like to admit to failure of their missile systems so don't be surprised if they claim the missile's in-flight failure was not a failure at all but meant to mend hostile feelings between them and the America and was actually a public relations move on their part to help the United States celebrate its Independence Day holiday.

What was that about the "rocket's red glare, the bombs bursting in air?" Perhaps, the missile ran into some of the fireworks that were launched off the deck of an American naval vessel off their coast.

.............they really have no clue how strong our military is. Plus if they launch a nuke at the US we have a right to return the favor and they would have the international community mad at them.

Now they just failed the launch of what could be the Taepodong 2, but they were succesful in launching 4 mid-range SCUD missiles that landed in the sea of japan. Coincidence its on july 4th?

they said they'd launch a missile if america touched their country in any way, not them launch first and wait for return fire

I just left the T.V. At latest they are still saying that they launched three missles; two Scud style missles and one Taepodong 2. Type two is supposed to be thier newest long range missle. At the last that I heard, there was no word on rather any of them carried a warhead, nor was there any word on a possible military retaliation. Most likely we're going to try to talk it out, since that always goes so well.

I think that they thought that if they launched three missles the U.S. would not be able to track and stop all three of them and the Type Two might get missed.

If we shot it down, we'll never admit it. It's better to let them wonder if it was a technical problem or U.S. interference.

Some years ago when Bush was pressing for a missle defence system, it was said that we didn't need ot design and build one because there were nop nations that could hit us. Had we just told the doves to shut the h*ll up, the missle defence would be in the last stages of R&D right now and we might be able to defend against it. As is, we've got 15 year old systems out there to protect our homeland.

Edited by Lord Umbarger

I new they never had warheads on them , I also new it is just a " threat " to try to get talks going again.After watching more , and learning how bad off they are it is not as " threatening" now.It is to Japan , more so than us.What I ment to say is I wish we would do something about it , strong arm style....Show them what will happen.We could easily knock out those test areas , and I am sure it would get a lot of applause from Russia , China , and Japan...Might even send a message to Iran..

The only thing about hitting the PDRK is that theyhave the ability to hit the ROK s capital city with long range guns. That would bring about full scale hostilities. Of course, we have to do something, carpet bombing them from the border in the south all the way to the north might be a solution.

Fox News just said that North Korea has launched a fourth, fifth and sixth missle only moments ago. I wonder how far these wil get? Do you think that they will be able to reach as far out as to get the PDRK stomped?

If nothing else, we will at least find out just how accurate Fox News is in a few hours, eh?

Edited by Lord Umbarger

Interesting, only their long range missile suffered a "technical problem". Hmm, technical problem in the first minute after launch, or maybe something like this? Even if the U.S. did have something to do with it, we're not likely to ever know.

These launches are only tests....And the news confirmed that the US is and was ready for it....I doubt we shot it down , we would have said so....Why keep it a secret we can shoot down rockets?...Everything here has to be a conspiracy :) ......

for everyone who thinks striking North Korea is a viable solution, heres what will happen

the US attacks using surgical strikes on North Korean infrastructure, South Korea is leveled as North Korean artillery pummels it.

the US uses every conventional weapon it can in an attempt to take out as much of the NK military assets as possible, South Koreais leveld as North Korean artillery pummels it.

the US uses onconventional weapons, ie Nukes, North Korea is a smoking hole in the ground, millions of civilians are dead, China potentially retailliates with nukes of its own and south asia gets to live with all the fallout.

North Korea has to be dealt with diplomatically and as far as i see it, Kim Jong Il will never be part of the solution

North Korea has to be dealt with diplomatically and as far as i see it, Kim Jong Il will never be part of the solution

The Western world has to stop propping up this morally bankrupt regime. As bad as it may seem, we have to stop giving them aid. I remember reading stories about the North Korean peasants being reduced to eating tree bark and leaves.

If we stopped giving them food, one of two things will happen;

1) the gov't will have to divert money from their arms race to feed their people

2) the people will rise up and revolt

either way we win.

Call it Tough Love if you want.

p.s. I believe we should apply this Tough Love policy to all Third world dictatorships.

Don't worry , the UN are going to meet to talk about it , thats that problem solved then. :D

i think should aid stop, the people would starve and blame the west, they won't revolt. I think at this point we shouldn't be concerned though, as far as they are concerned we are the baddies, with North Korea, we can really adopt the whole black and white mentality of the 1940s

What I ment to say is I wish we would do something about it , strong arm style....Show them what will happen.

That'd be the equivalent of getting into a scuffle with a lion, loosing your arm, just because he growled at you, and all you've managed to do is bruise him. I really doubt NK is going to sit there and take any military reaction, they will react. The US is in a very delicate situation, because if they do perform any sort of military action, NK is going to use it as an excuse to invade the south I think, and the US is not going to want to get into such a serious war. If the US does, it can not hope to do anything but spend enormouse resources maintaining a status quo, because the moment the US threatens that statusquo, I think NK will not hesitate to use its nuke. Afterall, if KJII is about to be deposed by the US, what would he have to lose?

That'd be the equivalent of getting into a scuffle with a lion, loosing your arm, just because he growled at you, and all you've managed to do is bruise him. I really doubt NK is going to sit there and take any military reaction, they will react. The US is in a very delicate situation, because if they do perform any sort of military action, NK is going to use it as an excuse to invade the south I think, and the US is not going to want to get into such a serious war. If the US does, it can not hope to do anything but spend enormouse resources maintaining a status quo, because the moment the US threatens that statusquo, I think NK will not hesitate to use its nuke. Afterall, if KJII is about to be deposed by the US, what would he have to lose?

Nice comparative example. :tu:

I personally think that people are making more out of this than there needs to be. They fired off a few missles, apparently the long range missles isn't very long range and the short range missles aren't anything for us to really be concerned with.

South Korea and Japan need to work with China on this one, we don't need to deal with them other than letting them know that we support japan and SK in it's concern. NK has been sabre rattling from the getgo and this is just another tirade to get attention. To me it feels like the horrible child that thrives on negative attention, the more you give him, the wilder he gets.

He knows very well that if he were to send off a first strike at the US, that he would have about 20 minutes to live, as would the rest of his countrymen and women. We have plenty of missiles pointed in his direction and they are far larger and more dependable.

Making threats at this point is just a waste of time, and effort. The countries in the region have much more at stake and should be in the lead in these discussions.

i think should aid stop, the people would starve and blame the west, they won't revolt.

The people are already starving.

Okay Does anyone know is it three or five missiles and do i need to go back to building my bomb shelter?

And do we consinder this a threat?

Not even. The long ragen missile is a treath only to Alaska, IIRC.

do i need to go back to building my bomb shelter?

yes u do...

The news just said that one of these missiles could have reached the US or Australia this was on a "Prime" (australian channel) news update just then. i live in OZ *gulps*

Is China supposed to stop this?

Edited by jesspy