Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

North Korea Nukes - just launched 2 mid-range

rob lester

7 Missiles According to the ABC (Australia) and the BBC... and the russians have joined the west in condeming N. Korea and their actions.

Japan must be wetting themselves... You know that N. Korea has a long history of hating everyone else in the world and this could be the beginning of the Korean assult on the world - although they first have to launch a missile that actually makes the distance :P (referring to the crashed missle).

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• intrepid

• jesspy

• Stellar

• I am me

Top Posters In This Topic

So my dad is saying that he thinks that this is the start of the 2nd Korean war

7? :blink: see its been confirmed on radio as three

Edited by jesspy

Well , N.Korea just launched 2 missiles....We new they were getting into this way back with the Nuclear facility work....Well ,do we sit back and wait?..Wonder where this is going to go , and if giving them a big "hug" will help things out....

North Korea and Iran are genuine threats. NK's Taepodong missiles can reach Alaska, Hawaii and possibly even California. No, a 'hug' won't do it, but neither will nuclear war. When a country (especially one with nukes) is literally starving, stuff like this happens. If there is a war with N. Korea, there will be hundreds of thousands dead, making Iraq look like a tea & cake party. We do NOT want a war with N. Korea. It will be worse than Viet Nam. They are not like the Iraqis - they have a million-man army that has been poised to strike for over 40 years and their leader is certifiably insane. I would be surprised if there isn't a coup attempt sometime in the next few days.

Edited by Maelstrom5

^ Plus I think they have China on their side

The news just said that one of these missiles could have reached the US or Australia this was on a "Prime" (australian channel) news update just then. i live in OZ *gulps*

Is China supposed to stop this?

From the BBC

user posted image

It shows what's supposed to be the range of the short and long range missiles.

see its been confirmed on radio as three

Everywhere else says 7, the radio probably didn't get a news update? :huh:

^ okay i live in Canberra they dont reach me YET! and yes the radio has updated to seven.

He knows very well that if he were to send off a first strike at the US, that he would have about 20 minutes to live, as would the rest of his countrymen and women. We have plenty of missiles pointed in his direction and they are far larger and more dependable.

I agree, the NK's are power-hungry fanatics who are content to sit in their borders and let their people rot so long as they are in power. This is just them rattling their saber, but they know full well any attack on the any of their neighbors would result in a nuclear retaliation which would destroy their country. Iran is a serious threat because its run by religious fanatics who likely believe Allah will personally protect them from any Western retaliation (like he's ever helped them before), but the NK's leaders aren't religious fanatics, just power hungry dictators, they want to warn the west off but they wont actually attack us first.

The news just said that one of these missiles could have reached the US or Australia this was on a "Prime" (australian channel) news update just then. i live in OZ *gulps*

Is China supposed to stop this?

Yes, a Taepodong missile has the range & CAN reach Australia, which is why the world needs to pay attention to this. I'm very scared about what N. Korea might do - my dad was a Korean war veteran and he talked about something like this happening for years. China may or may not do anything. They have been 'under the table' allies for decades, so their hands are tied unless a missile hits Hong Kong or Taiwan, then you'll see China lob a few Silkworm missiles towards PyongYang. If they do, God help us all.

Now the price of oil has gone up cause of this.

^ okay i live in Canberra they dont reach me YET! and yes the radio has updated to seven.

Lol, I live in Geelong and I only trust news that I read online (normally on the BBC).

Basically we have the issue of North Korea showing off and testing the patience of the world. We can go three ways:

- Be nice to N. Korea. Smile and say "Good work, welcome to the Nuclear Club. Want to be friends?"... or continue to try to reach a compromise.

- Attack them. This will not be WW3, but the war will be worse than the invasion of IRAQ and Vietnam combined - every citizen believes that North Korea is the king of the world thus every citizen is a soldier.

- The Bully Principle. Ignore them in the hope that they will stop when they get no reaction. This is unlikely, those guys are crazy.

Edited by intrepid

Lol, I live in Geelong and I only trust news that I read online (normally on the BBC).

- The Bully Principle. Ignore them in the hope that they will stop when they get no reaction. This is unlikely, those guys are crazy.

Lol hows Geelong. Also I tried that bully princible on my brother when he was being mean to me swearing and such. I ignored him then he came up and started hitting me. So no i dont think the bulling principle will work. :no:

Unfortunately even if the Western world completely walks away from North Korea, that doesn't mean that every other country will do the same. Jung-Ill could also opt to take action before being starved into submission or internal revolt, North Korea has quite a large military.

As of right now, I'm not too sure that North Korea has the capability of creating a nuclear warhead small enough to be a viable payload in one of their missiles. Also, their testing of these missiles has been a rousing failure. I'm not sure how this will all play out. North Korea isn't known for making rational decisions.

Well, I see a lot of you saying "Big deal, their missiles can't hit us anyways. Let those in their vicinity worry about it." Well, I am a U.S. Army Soldier stationed in Cp. Humphreys, SOUTH KOREA. So, I don't know about the rest of you, but this situation worries the hell out of me. If a war breaks out, one thing is for sure... I am dead. N Korea would pummel the hell out of S Korea and our 30,000 troops stationed here are no match for N Koreas 1,000,000+ soldiers waiting to stomp the heck out of S Korea. Also, I read on one of the news reports (don't remember exactly which one and can't seem to find the link again, so take this "quote" with a grain of salt...) that China, although being N Koreas' "ally", is considering economic sanctions against N Korea if they continue with their "stunts''.

All I know is if something major breaks out because of this I am a goner. I was considering moving my fiance, her son, and my daughter over here for the rest of the duration of my tour, but this situation has definately turned me off from that idea.

Hopefully this all clears up, but I guess only time will reveal what is to happen.

God Bless America!

Lol hows Geelong. Also I tried that bully princible on my brother when he was being mean to me swearing and such. I ignored him then he came up and started hitting me. So no i dont think the bulling principle will work. :no:

Well that's normally the case. I too find that the bullying principle would work better if it involved locking the bully in a cage and poking them with sticks whilst saying "now whos the boss? huh? HUH?"

As for Jung-Ill. I would have thought that by now Russia, China or the USA would have developed something to take down missiles. Then you could just sit off shore constantly knocking down their millions of dollars in missiles.

And how's this for irony - US launches a maned shuttle into space and on the same day N. Korea fails to launch a rocket that lasts for more than six minutes.

Edited by intrepid

There are two things here that need to be understood.

Kim Il Jong is doing this because he wants free stuff from the USA and then he will stop. The USA just needs to ignore him and let him throw his tantrums.

Also if we do decide to do something, what needs to be done should be very different from past conflicts. Instead of pitting army vs army, they need to take out the leaders only. One strategically placed bomb, a big one, can take out Kim and his whole gain and not hurt any innocent civilians that are nearby.

Same goes for Iran. Take out the President and Clerics that are pulling his puppet strings and you have erased the entire problem.

Also if we do decide to do something, what needs to be done should be very different from past conflicts. Instead of pitting army vs army, they need to take out the leaders only. One strategically placed bomb, a big one, can take out Kim and his whole gain and not hurt any innocent civilians that are nearby.

Same goes for Iran. Take out the President and Clerics that are pulling his puppet strings and you have erased the entire problem.

The issue then is - what if the people didn't think the leader was all that bad? If you killed Kimmy boy and saying "you're free", it'd effectively be like them killing Bush and telling you that you had been liberated. You would be outraged and want to hurt them back - "How dare they attack our people on our soil? Who are they to say what we can and can't do?"

You would need to simultaneously wipe out all known military structures and personal, along with all related plants/factories and still prepare for a counter strike. It will be ugly no matter what.

Edited by intrepid

How much of the blind ingnorance that the N.K. people show is from their being bainwashed or out of plain fear?

If you even so much as say one thing negative against the Leaders of N.K. you will be imprisoned and worse. So it may be that they wouod be grateful to whoever can get rid of that maniac and get them something to eat for a change.

Well, I see a lot of you saying "Big deal, their missiles can't hit us anyways. Let those in their vicinity worry about it." Well, I am a U.S. Army Soldier stationed in Cp. Humphreys, SOUTH KOREA. So, I don't know about the rest of you, but this situation worries the hell out of me. If a war breaks out, one thing is for sure... I am dead. N Korea would pummel the hell out of S Korea and our 30,000 troops stationed here are no match for N Koreas 1,000,000+ soldiers waiting to stomp the heck out of S Korea. Also, I read on one of the news reports (don't remember exactly which one and can't seem to find the link again, so take this "quote" with a grain of salt...) that China, although being N Koreas' "ally", is considering economic sanctions against N Korea if they continue with their "stunts''.

All I know is if something major breaks out because of this I am a goner. I was considering moving my fiance, her son, and my daughter over here for the rest of the duration of my tour, but this situation has definately turned me off from that idea.

Hopefully this all clears up, but I guess only time will reveal what is to happen.

God Bless America!

Get out of the military, that would be the smartest thing you could do.

How much of the blind ingnorance that the N.K. people show is from their being bainwashed or out of plain fear?

Whilst I agree with your point... can you honestly answer that question? I mean, would you put money on it, or pehaps a your country?

I am not confident enough to attack North Korea. From what I know, there are plenty of die-hard pro-North-Korea people hanging around in the missile silos.

Who even knows if these missiles were launched? The USA military needs to leave South Korea and give back all of the land it occupies.

Who even knows if these missiles were launched? The USA military needs to leave South Korea and give back all of the land it occupies.

Where do you live? You seem very anti-american.

If the US leaves it'll look weak. Worse yet, it'll leave the south open to invasion by Kim and co. Countries do not leave their allies to fend for themsleves (exluding times when that country is also under attack).

Edited by intrepid

Japan must be wetting themselves...

Why? Why would would they be wetting themselves any more than anyone else?

So my dad is saying that he thinks that this is the start of the 2nd Korean war

Ahh, thats why. Paranoia.

I'm not anti-american and I dont go on cosmic trips and I'm not a hippy but seriously USA does not rule the world and if Korea wants to test a missile (in their own territory) USA cant do anything about it, and if they did that would be the declaration of War not Korea's.

I'm fed up of hearing that USA dont like a regime so they try to interfere and change it to how they like, including that C Rice woman who always speaks on 'behalf' of civilisation, no you dont love so shut up.

(btw again I dont hate america! - I had a holiday in Las Vegas!)

Being that China is unlikely to back North Korea today as they did in the 1st Korean war (because Communism in China is pretty much dead... we are talking about more of a totalitarian regime than a Communist one), this seemingly delicate crisis isn't about to evolve into a global war.

I don't think I saw this in here yet but the missiles fired didn't and can't hold nuclear warheads. Not sure why the title was made that way but it's not true. Sure, they have the materials to make an actually nuke but they don't have the knowledge/technology to make a small enough nuke into the cone of the missile to launch.

update: Outcry over N Korea missile test

It is kind of amusing, despite the serious nature, that their prized long range missile didn't even make it over Japan. :P