Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

North Korea Nukes - just launched 2 mid-range

rob lester

Hahaha I love that movie. Why can't we EMP them? Surely we have some EMP's that are capable of penetrating the missile silos/bunkers. If we wipe all the electronics in the whole country we will surely win... And it would be soo funny. We could then walk in and take the place (well not walk in...)

Easy said hard to do. But who knows im sure there is a smart way to deal with this.

PS hows Geelong :huh:

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• intrepid

• jesspy

• Stellar

• I am me

Top Posters In This Topic

Easy said hard to do. But who knows im sure there is a smart way to deal with this.

PS hows Geelong :huh:

Probably not that different from Canberra :P, the major difference is that you have politicians and we have beaches lol.

Probably not that different from Canberra :P, the major difference is that you have politicians and we have beaches lol.

lol :P

Something to consider is if N.K. is attacked first, many will die. If N.K. attacks first, many will die. It looks like a bad situation unfortunately.

So I just hope we can get Kim Il Jung only, and a few of his close cronies, then save the people of N.K. and all others from having to suffer from that madman's desires.

Or maybe the UN will save the day! :blink::wacko::no:

BTW, anyone look at the trajectory of that long range missile? If it had not failed it would have headed toward Alaska.

Now I hate to think what will happen when/if they try that again and it doesn't fail.

user posted image

This guy is nuts. On the radio here it says that Nth Korea will use force against anyone who brings in their milatary to try and stop them. So if the US goes in as Dowdy said all their pretty buildings will be gone

How is this guy nuts? He says he will defend his nation against an attack. Hmm, yeah that's nuts? Or would it be nuts to invade NK? What seems more crazy, invading NK or being attacked because you did so?

What is nuts is the USA government's quest to nation build with its military might that really isn't so mighty when you look back at the last 30+ years.

Where do you live? You seem very anti-american.

If the US leaves it'll look weak. Worse yet, it'll leave the south open to invasion by Kim and co. Countries do not leave their allies to fend for themsleves (exluding times when that country is also under attack).

How does anything I say seem anti-American? People tend to paint views that don't go along with the government's views as anti-American. As far as I am concerned the government is anti-American because America was founded as a free nation.

As for where I live, I live in the USA now. I used to live in Korea.

How is this guy nuts? He says he will defend his nation against an attack. Hmm, yeah that's nuts? Or would it be nuts to invade NK? What seems more crazy, invading NK or being attacked because you did so?

What is nuts is the USA government's quest to nation build with its military might that really isn't so mighty when you look back at the last 30+ years.

What do want us to call him then?

He has a group of Junior High School girls that are used to pleasure him and his entourage.

He has used millions to finance his military while millions of people have starved to death.

He sells arms to terrorist regimes

He says he wrote so many books in college that it would equal to one each day.

He says he shot a 38 under par; made Tiger hopping mad.

He smuggles drugs to help finance his military.

He likes John Wayne movies.

I mean, is that not the behavior of a man that is clearly a few drops off of a full glass?!?!

I think it all comes down to his desire to make up for his lack of physical stature. He is only 5'2". :rofl:

What do want us to call him then?

He has a group of Junior High School girls that are used to pleasure him and his entourage.

He has used millions to finance his military while millions of people have starved to death.

He sells arms to terrorist regimes

He says he wrote so many books in college that it would equal to one each day.

He says he shot a 38 under par; made Tiger hopping mad.

He smuggles drugs to help finance his military.

He likes John Wayne movies.

I mean, is that not the behavior of a man that is clearly a few drops off of a full glass?!?!

I think it all comes down to his desire to make up for his lack of physical stature. He is only 5'2". :rofl:

So you have met this guy personally or do you just watch the news?

Update: N Korea vows more missile tests

Quote:

North Korea has confirmed that it has test-fired a series of missiles and said it would continue launching them.

It also warned of "stronger physical actions" if the international community tried to put pressure on Pyongyang.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just insane.

Just leave that country alone. That country has a right to defend it self.

If USA may have nukes. So NK.

That country has a right to defend it self.

Yes, but what it doesnt have the right to have nukes.

Untrue. The US is allowed to have nukes by international law. NK isnt.

Steller has a decent point there, although, I would like to add one other interesting fact to his statement..."The U.S. isn't in the business of nuking nations every time that it doesn't get it's way". You have to admit, the U.S. has had some bloody noses in the past. We've only nuked two nations since the first bomb was built, Japan and ourselves. (Navada test range).

Besides, this nut in North Korea just might use a nuke the nest time he's not the center of attention.

"The U.S. isn't in the business of nuking nations every time that it doesn't get it's way".

hmm........Hiroshima comes to mind........... :innocent:

Edited by AKUMA166

Just leave that country alone. That country has a right to defend it self.

It does NOT have the right to launch missiles over other sovereign countries like Japan, and North Korea has done that in the past. That was the plan with this latest launch as well.

If you were living in Japan, would you be okay with another country launching missiles over your country?

What if the missile failed and landed in a populated area?

Would you be okay with it then?

So I suppose the entire world is just supposed to sit back and let North Korea launch missiles anywhere they want?

So I suppose the entire world is just supposed to sit back and let North Korea launch missiles anywhere they want?

No, but I dont see much of a viable alternative at this point. It seems that nothing short of a war will stop them from doing so.

Most people in the U.S. has seen the films of Japan after using Atomics on them. To any intelligent or Sane person the use of these or other Nuclear Weapons is frightening and unacceptable. The U.S. could have used these weapons during the Koren Conflict , Vietnam and other places. But we as a people do not want to. Once used again, the World as we know it will be at an end. We know of our mistakes of our past. So now how do we and the World stop others from making the same horrible decision to use them?

This is not a video game were if you dont like the results you press restart.

The best thing the U.S. can do right now is to build as best a missile defense system as we can.

In the event of a launch attack by North Korea, we attempt to shoot it down. If we cannot shoot it down in midflight, then the appropriate response by the U.S. would be to respond with a strategic nuclear strike in retaliation aimed primarily at destroying North Korea's ability to launch further missiles.

We're not talking about "restraint" here. If they launch one, then they may be able to launch 10, 12, 20 more.

We're not into playing the numbers game.

If they launch one, then we reserve the right to eliminate any capability of them ever being able to launch one again. The only way to do that is with a medium yield nuclear warhead.

Let's be honest here. We have to protect our country. This isn't about "waiting for diplomacy" at that point. We would have no time to send bombers and fighters over to destroy their ability to make and launch missiles.

It has to be done in one, decisive strike.

We're not talking about months, weeks, days, or hours. We're talking about MINUTES to be able to respond.

The best thing the U.S. can do right now is to build as best a missile defense system as we can.

We're not talking about "restraint" here. If they launch one, then they may be able to launch 10, 12, 20 more.

Let's be honest here. We have to protect our country. This isn't about "waiting for diplomacy" at that point. We would have no time to send bombers and fighters over to destroy their ability to make and launch missiles.

We're not talking about months, weeks, days, or hours. We're talking about MINUTES to be able to respond.

True. :hmm:

hmm........Hiroshima comes to mind...........

failure to grasp context and history

minus 1 point

It does NOT have the right to launch missiles over other sovereign countries like Japan, and North Korea has done that in the past. That was the plan with this latest launch as well.

If you were living in Japan, would you be okay with another country launching missiles over your country?

What if the missile failed and landed in a populated area?

Would you be okay with it then?

What if an airplane crashed and landed on you?

Yes, but what it doesnt have the right to have nukes.

Untrue. The US is allowed to have nukes by international law. NK isnt.

Sure, laws that the nuke bearing nations make.

Truthorder

Your post reads like what the big wigs in Kim Jong-Il's government are probably saying. The NK missile tests are aimed at, well, testing missiles and they're also saying 'don't attack us', because this is part of the military prowess we have. Missile tests don't necessarily mean an attack is on the cards else I doubt Bush would be pushing diplomacy. I wonder what alarm bells rang in Pyongyang when Bush gave his Axil of Evil speech and subsequently invaded one of the accused nations?

The West is probably doing exactly what you suggest, revising battle plans just in case. But we're a few hairs on the chest away from anyone getting provoked enough to launch a live one in malice.